• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Handheld Zelda Game?

What is your favorite handheld Zelda game?

• Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• Four Swords

• The Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Total voters
Oracle of Ages gets my vote. It was challenging, and at times really frustrating(dancing Goron minigame). It has a great story, and a interesting villain(Veran).

M

MegaLink

Spirit Tracks is my favorite, though it's pretty easy to say, considering I've only played 3 of them. But it was fun, and somewhat challenging too.

Z

Zora X

I like Oracle of Season I liked how it was more action like, other than the puzzle like Oracle of Ages. It is so far my favorite handheld game, I don't think it will ever be topped.

Out of the ones listed, Spirit Tracks.

I've played through and beaten Link's Awakening, but the entire time, I never really felt interest in the game. It didn't seem as good as a regular Zelda is, and thus it's near the bottom of my rank list. Oracle of Ages I've played through about the second dungeon, but stopped playing it and never came back. OoS through FS I've never played. Minish Cap I think is an awful game, it doesn't interest me in the least, and I can't stand the gameplay of it. Phantom Hourglass was okay, but definitely not as good as Spirit Tracks, which is why it's at the top of the list.

But really, Alttp GBA wins. :)

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Link's Awakening was the only handheld Zelda game that held my interest. It had the substance of a traditional console packed into one little GB cartridge.

Spirit Tracks was okay in the beginning, but then the controls grew more annoying as the game progressed and I spent more time figuring out how not to make a stupid mistake due to a glitchy stylus/touch screen. The music, on the other hand, was fantastic, but that's a totally different story. =s

B

Blizzard78

My favorite would have to be TMC. But ST comes behind close.

Tie between OoA/OoS and ST. Oracle of Seasons was my first handheld Zelda, and I really enjoyed it's season-changing mechanic. But I love Spirit Tracks because of it's neat graphics, and all the cool new gameplay elements, like the train, and turning Zelda into a phantom :D

Hanyou

didn't build that
Link's Awakening, but The Minish Cap is a very close second. I have a sentimental attachment to Link's Awakening because it was my first 2D Zelda, but I also honestly believe it's the best, because the population of the island, as well as the dialog, was just charming and original to me. LA also happens to be my favorite 2D Zelda, and TMC my second-favorite.

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
The handheld LoZ games I have are Alttp, PH & ST and I like ST the most. The dungeons are easier and it goes quick. I'm not much of a dungeon person.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
I found Phantom Hourglass to be my most favorite handheld game. It was like pretty much Wind Waker on the DS. But, the puzzles proved to be challenging enough. That was one of my favorite aspects of the game.

Mute

一員
Well, I'll have to go with Oracle of Ages. It was challenging, but not too over-the-top, I enjoyed the time traveling part and I love how all the bosses were pretty much puzzles themselves. The characters weren't bad, and I just had an overall feeling of accomplishment every time I beat a dungeon. However, it's followed up by Seasons and LA, since all three of the games are quite possibly some of my favourite in the entire series. Ages just happened to win out for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom