• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Handheld Zelda Game?

What is your favorite handheld Zelda game?

• Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• Four Swords

• The Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Total voters
B

BlindZelda

Mine would be The Minish Cap.
I just loved the Minish Cap! But a kid in one my classes stole it from me >_<.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
Oracle of Ages is my favorite handheld game, as it offers a unique challenge to the players, and the time-traveling is done pretty well.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I like this thread. It is quite obvious that the "3D console games" are the prefered ones in this community and it was interesting to see people´s opinions about the handheld games. I was surprised to find that "the Minish Cap" seems to be the most popular handheld. It is my opinion precisely and my reasons are: Interesting and beautiful graphics, an interesing villain in Vaati. I also liked the general atmosphere of the game and the kinstone fusion added to those positive feelings, a great game :)

My personal favorite handheld Zelda game is the Minish Cap. Not only is that the purest handheld Zelda game but also Vaati is an extremely well introduced and intriguing villain. The cherry on top, however, is definitely the amazing soundtrack, which effectively mixes new tunes with those famous ones from Ocarina of Time. Ezlo is also a freaking hilarious helper and one who doesn't overly annoy the player. I would have to rank Spirit Tracks in second as the beginning and end of the game are especially epic and it brought me great pleasure to finally control Zelda albeit in Phantom form. Also, Byrne is one of the greatest characters in franchise history in terms of design and development.

My ranking of the handheld Zelda games is as follows:

1. The Minish Cap
2. Spirit Tracks
3. Phantom Hourglass
4. Link's Awakening
5. Oracle of Seasons
6. Oracle of Ages

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well, since Ocarina of Time 3D isn't on this list, I will have to go with Phantom Hourglass. I've never been too big on handhelds, but this game I really enjoyed.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I really enjoyed ST. I thought that it was a good step up from PH, and one of the major reasons is that the temple of the ocean king was fixed. I liked the spirit tower better. I also really liked in both games how you can draw on the map. The difficulty was higher in ST and I thought that PH was a little bit too easy. I never had any trouble at all and I can beat the game in less that a day. ST was a different story. I liked the dungeons and though it took me a while to get used to the control differences from PH, I ended up feeling they were more ergonomic in ST. It also seemed to have a more motivating story, plus you get to control a different kinds of phantoms in the spirit tower.

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
I loved MC so much I played it on my original GBA so I could sit out in my car and hook it up to my system. Lmao I literally played the whole game with the soundtrack just booming in my ears. It sucked that I couldn't play it at night though. I wish SP's had headphone jacks. :(

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
Minish Cap all the way. It was the first handheld game I played, and stuck as my favorite. I'm actually playing it right now :P Hahahaha!

Anyways, Phantom Hourglass comes in at a close second though, mainly because I really loved that game and had a lot of fun beating it!

Its a tie between The Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass. Minish Cap because it was just such a great game and being tiny in a giants world was just really fun. Phantom Hourglass Because it was a direct sequel to Wind Waker, and Wind Waker is by far my most favorite Zelda ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom