• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Handheld Zelda Game?

What is your favorite handheld Zelda game?

• Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• Four Swords

• The Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Total voters
Definitely Link's Awakening. Minish Cap was also great, but LA just stuck with me and was a great experience from beginning to end

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I really like OoA but you can't really compare it against OoS (although one focuses on puzzles and the other one on combat) to me they are even and are two of the best handheld Zelda games, but I have never beat MC and am still in the process of doing so. I find it is the most charming pocket Zelda and the more I play the more it becomes a favorite, so I voted for MC. In my opinion it is harder than OoT, tons of kin stones to fuse, and getting to temples is a really long process, which is something I like. Plus I have never faced vaati before... I look forward to facing off against this new foe... and really testing my skills!!!

P

pianomancuber

Link's awakening all the way i love link's awakening even though it is the shortest of all of these games.

LA is way longer than Minish Cap. MC only has 5 levels, LA has 8 plus some minidungeons. It's about the same as the oracles and WAAAY larger than the DS titles.

Definately Link's Awakening. It's just got a unique mysterious feel to it, and it brings back nostalgia. No slow parts in the game. you're always doing something fun. The DS games are sluggish in areas and I don't like that. I'm replaying the Oracle games and I found there were amazing when i was young but now they're just ok. But I can still play Links Awakening and have a blast!
Thats kinda why i like the mushrooms in Skyward Sword demo, it reminds me of Links Awakening. I know lots of people dont like em, but they`re just so unique and kinda mysterious.
And Minish Cap is really fun too!

B

Bandersnatch

Wow, Minish Cap got the highest, its definitely the prettiest handheld Zelda title... But Im going to go for Links Awakening, that was the most Ive been excited for a gameboy game ever. That adventure is priceless. Oracle of Seasons was a short second, I got it the day it came out, and how excited I was to play it was awesome. The world map was my favorite part, Holodrum was pretty sick in my opinion. THEN The Minish Cap lol

Kirino

Tatakae
Mine is the Minish Cap.Links Awakaning would probably be my favorite if i had it.That and OOX are the only zelda games i havent played.I cant find them anywhere.

C

Callum1064

Probably Phantom Hourglass, my first Zelda game.....
I've beat it about 4 times :)

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I will have to go with LA because it has the most similarities with the original LOZ and there is actual exploration in the over world and the dungeons were difficult.

hey! what about alttp? its handheld, and even if it didnt originate on the gamething its still good.... and handheld
That's why. If it was completely different from the original I would include it in this poll, but as it stands, it is just the same game with some improved aspects(keep shovel, shovel all directions, Link voices, improved Dark World graphics, Palace of the Four Sword, etc.). Plus, it would get all the votes when really it should be considered a console title (even the GBA version). As opposed to the console titles where they would all match up pretty good, except maybe AOL and FSA.

80sfreak85

Phantom Hourglass was the game that introduced me to the Zelda Series...

T

The Octorocket

Can't say i've played Phantom Hourglass, but i hated Spirit Tracks. Worst Zelda game of the ones i've played. Anyways, i liked OoA, and i used to play ALttP all the time on my Gameboy Advance. But i never had any Zelda fans as friends so i never played FSA on it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
It's probably going to be Oracle of Ages. That game was really hard and was unique. The time travelling aspect of the game was much better than that of ocarina of time, and the final boss was really hard.

Kybyrian

Definitely Oracle of Ages. It was the first of the portable Zelda games that I ever played, and it stuck in my head. I absolutely loved the game. It was challenging and definitely fun. A good example of what a Zelda game should be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom