• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Genre?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Simple and straight. Gaming has evolved immensely since it's earliest days in the arcade/as the Odeyssey (still can't spell it for the life of me).

With that evolution, gaming has developed as many genres than books and movies combined, if not more.

Honestly, I love turn based RPG's. Long before I knew the official term, I was crazy for them. I loved Pokemon, the M&L RPG's, etc. etc. And now I'm even crazier about them. The depth that they provide, leveling up, paying attention to stats, equipping characters with weapons and armor, all the little details about them are awesome. Sure, there's the downfall of having to grind every so often in RPG's and almost every RPG makes you do that unless you want to go through heck on the later enemies and bosses. But then again, doesn't every genre have some sort of downfall?

What about you?

EDIT: Crap, I wanted to make a poll... -.-

I like shooters (sidescrolling for the most part). I grew up with them. I spent countless hours on Metroid, Megaman, Galaga, Super Metroid, Megaman X, Dig Dug, Galaxian, and Contra. Sin & Punishment is my favorite these days, and I only play Metroid Prime Trilogy, FPS-wise.

In second, we've the platformers. I got my NES, loved Super Mario Bros 1-2, and never heard of 3 until after highschool. When I got my Genesis, I got Sonic the Hedgehog and Altered Beast. I played Sonic 1-3 alot. Altered Beast, while technically a beat'em up, intrigued me, because you didn't have to jump on things to kill them. I also played a little bit of Dynamite Headdy, and Ristar. I bought a PS1 and rented Rayman. It was a lot like Dynamite Headdy, but I didn't like it as much as the ol' puppet on the Genesis. I didn't find out about Super Mario 64 until after highschool, and I wished I had found out when it came out, because it was lots of fun.
I do like RPGs, albeit the only ones I ever owned until now were Pokemon Silver (due to curiosity of what was so good, so I picked up the first one I saw), Super Mario RPG (I was a Mario fan, too), Earthbound (Christmas Present), and some obscure Genesis RPG that I've since forgotten it's name (I don't remember liking it much).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom