• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Generation

Favorite Pokemon Generation?

• Generation I (Red/Blue/Yellow)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Generation II (Gold/Silver/Crystal)

• Generation III (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

• Generation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)

• Generation V (Black/White/Black2/White2)

• Generation VI (X/Y)

• Total voters
H

Haruhi Suzumiya

I Would Choose...

I would personally choose the first generation, because I remember I always used to play pokemon blue, red, & yellow, which were some of the first games, and they were all especially cool, because it was a new introduction towards pokemon, and I really liked catching zapdos in all of them.

I loved generation II. It just reminds me so much of my childhood. I had played Red and Blue, but I remember saving up my allowance to buy silver and being so happy when I finally got it.

My Favorite was G/S/C.

It was my first pokemon game back in the day and I've always loved the feel of exploring the Jhoto. I can't think of any other game that I can look back to and smile the way Silver makes me smile. (Aside from Majora's Mask that is.)

S

skullkid875

My favorite generation is 3. Saphire was my first pokemon game ever. i had no clue what to do most of the time though.

Z

ZeldaSentai

Although generation 2 is my all time favorite, I gotta give generation 3 some credit. It brought new pokemon, new gym leaders, and two new villlains to defeat. As a kid I was excited when I saw the new pokemon, groudon looked awesome with it's godzilla-like appearances as well as rayquaza having a snake like figure similar to the chinese dragon. R/S/E deserves more credit than given

Definately first gen. all the way, all my favorite pokemon are in the first gen. also my favorite game is yellow, but i also like the second gen. because it has most of the original pokemon in the game and new ones that are great too, but id stick with gen. 1

N

NFC

Definitely gen 2, because in that game you go through two regions and I wish they would make a super epic pokemon game where you go through all five regions and get all 40 badges. XD

P

PokeOakly96

Generation 3 is my pick (notice the Absol, my favorite pokemon of all time :lol:). It came out around the time when I was most impressionable (7-8) so I have an attachment to Hoenn and it's characters. It appealed my sense of adventure and exploration much more than the aged graphics of Gen II or the dullness of Sinnoh ever did.

Patch

Party Pooper
My favourite Generation was Gen III. LeafGreen and Emerald were the two games that really got me into Pokemon, so that's probably a good part of why I like this Gen so much, but that's not all.

Gen III and an amazing world, Hoenn. It had many very interesting cities and locales, and was very fun to explore. The world was bursting with content, from the Contests to the Battle Frontier. It had many other fun feature such as all of the event locations and Secret Bases. I specifically enjoyed Secret Bases, as for me they added tons of re-playability to the game. I loved collecting rare furniture and designing my base.

In addition to the world, the Pokemon of Gen III were also quite good. Some of my favourite Pokemon come for Gen III, such as Keckleon, Tropias, and of course Mudkip. Gen III also had many legendaries to catch. Not only did it have Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre, but it also had the three Regis, Latios and Latias, as well as event Pokemon such as Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Jirachi, and Deoxys. You could even get a Johto starter by completing the Pokedex (in Emerald).

Gen III also introduced many of the exciting features that are now a staple of Pokemon. These include Contests, the Battle Frontier, gauntlet-style battle challenges and more enhanced multi-player. These are some of the reasons why Gen III is my favourite Generation.

yes, I completely agree. :) gen III was my favorite along with 1 and 2.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Just like everyone else, I would have to go with Generation II. There are several reasons for this.

Generation II introduced most of the features we take for granted today in Pokemon. Breeding, grooming, berry planting, hold items, happiness-based evolution, battling trainers a second time via use of the cell phone, and even allowing you to play as a girl in the Crystal version. It's all here, just about everything except double and triple battles.

It also included several interesting things that were not seen again in Pokemon. Apricorns could be made into various kinds of special Pokeballs. The radio stations you could listen to gave you useful information, as well as random entertaining slots based on time of day. There was even a lottery on the radio. And I should also mention that it had Kanto as a whole second region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom