• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite game or current favorite game.

Tsynk

VoinTsynk
Name your favorite game or current favorite game (I know some people change favorites over time).

My current favorite game is Okami, with Okamiden behind it, then Need for Speed: Undercover.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Witcher 3.

I've always had a Zelda game as my favourite. OOT then TP but I feel W3 is better in a lot of ways and I dont feel like denying it any more just because I have always had a Zelda in the top spot. I love the storytelling of the W3, how the sidequests affect the world and everything feeling connected. Combat is pretty fun and having to use different strategies for different kinds of challenging foes is great. The humour is absolutely on point in this game. The main characters are developed well. Soundtrack is brilliant, and one of the best out there. Graphically it looks good, some bits are beautiful other bits can be just ok, but I havent noticed any horrible looking bits. I dont think the game is perfect but there are no fundamental flaws which ruin the experience. It is definitely replayable which I find a lot of games arent anymore. When you come back to it for a start you will have forgotten a lot of it because there is so much, so even when you come back you'll rediscover things you didnt remember. You can also make different choices leading to totally different outcomes. It doesnt offer the freedoms of Skyrim or Fallout. Geralt doesnt do anything that is un Geralt like such as murdering innocents but there are quite a few choices and decisions to be made which have consequences affecting the game world.

DLC is amazing for this game. For $12. You can get Hearts of Stone which has a big main quest and some little side ones as well. The quest is as good if not better done than any in the main game. It is insane that for $12 you could instead buy a ****ty amiibo which might give you the option to recharge your hearts in TPHD once a day. Wooooo!...

There is also the Blood and Wine DLC which contains another main quest and many sidequests. This unlocks a whole beautiful new and vibrant region which is graphically improved over the rest of the game.

Last edited:

Feverish

Source of stink
Well first it was Majora's Mask, then it was Skyrim, then it was Undertale but that was mostly because I liked the fanbase at the time (not the case anymore oops) and now it's back to Skyrim. I love its environment and it feels like I can do whatever I want/kill whoever I want mostly.

Skyward Sword is my favorite game, the sheer variety, brilliance and heart poured into that game kept me gripped for 70 hours. I loved the story, the humor, the romance, the puzzles, the music, the density in its levels. There are very minor things that i didnt enjoy. ´

Second on the list is Final Fantasy VIII, which was my fav for a long time. Then i have Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Oblivion, OoT, Shadows of the Colossus and so forth.

Feverish

Source of stink
Skyward Sword is my favorite game, the sheer variety, brilliance and heart poured into that game kept me gripped for 70 hours. I loved the story, the humor, the romance, the puzzles, the music, the density in its levels. There are very minor things that i didnt enjoy. ´

Second on the list is Final Fantasy VIII, which was my fav for a long time. Then i have Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Oblivion, OoT, Shadows of the Colossus and so forth.
Oh I'm currently playing Oblivion for my first time, I'm only 3 hours into it but I wasn't sure if I should really put much more time into it

I remember the first time i left the sewers and i was on my own to explore that world, filled with curious people, crazy, murderous, and wacky at times. The side quests are some of the best ive ever experienced, and i still remember many of them. Specially within the Dark Brotherhood. Like that time i had to kill an old man by sneaking into his house at a certain time to avoid his body guard and kill him in a form that would seem accidental.

Its not a perfect game, but thats not really what i look for in games in general.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Xenoblade Chronicles for its memorable cast, gorgeous landscapes, pensive dialogue, and ingenious plot twists. This game consummated everything that I wanted from an ambitious open-world adventure, and I still have yet to play anything that comes close, especially from a story perspective. While the side content is rather tedious (go kill X enemies, go collect X items, etc.), the pseudo-linear sense of progression encourages the discovery of hidden areas and secrets as the map fills itself out.

Xenoblade Chronicles X for its unbound exploration (after the prologue), insane emphasis on character customization, and the all-encompassing theme of survival as humanity works together. No video game world is as seamless as Planet Mira, and not even the original's Bionis/Mechonis duo can compare to the sheer amount of content hidden in the alien vistas. Despite being on the underpowered black sheep of this generation, XCX looks amazing on the Wii U and runs exceptionally well. And what it lacks due to its episodic story-telling, it more than makes up for persevering players who wish to take in the whole experience.

Both games are an inversion to each other; one fleshes out story and characters while the other focuses on exploration and customization. But together they fulfill what most other games can't by trying to be too cinematic or hyper-realistic and instead give the player complete freedom to decide their own course of action.

Feverish

Source of stink
I remember the first time i left the sewers and i was on my own to explore that world, filled with curious people, crazy, murderous, and wacky at times. The side quests are some of the best ive ever experienced, and i still remember many of them. Specially within the Dark Brotherhood. Like that time i had to kill an old man by sneaking into his house at a certain time to avoid his body guard and kill him in a form that would seem accidental.

Its not a perfect game, but thats not really what i look for in games in general.
Most people say that it's a really good game, I'll just have to get over the hot key system and the world being mostly grasslands

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
My favourites change often but for my all time I'll usually consider games that have had profound effects on me. It's hard to choose one so I'll go with Majoras Mask, Dragon Age: Origins and Age of Mythology.
My current favourites this gen are The Witcher 3, and Halo 5.

Most people say that it's a really good game, I'll just have to get over the hot key system and the world being mostly grasslands
Its damn good. Wayyy better than Skrim.

Recently Doom 2016.

But nothing will pass FF7 for all time favorite.

I'm guessing Tekken 7 will be my favorite MP game soon enough.

My favourites change often but for my all time I'll usually consider games that have had profound effects on me. It's hard to choose one so I'll go with Majoras Mask, Dragon Age: Origins and Age of Mythology.
My current favourites this gen are The Witcher 3, and Halo 5.

Its damn good. Wayyy better than Skrim.
Way way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I would have to say that my favorite game of all time has to be Twilight Princess. I just love everything about it. The art style is amazing, the music is phenomenal, and I feel as though it is just a fleshed out version of Ocarina of Time. Not to take anything away from OoT that game is also amazing. Also it was one of the first Zelda games that I actually owned so I suppose there is a nostalgia factor to it as well.

D

Deleted member 14134

Fallout 3 and Twilight Princess were the only 2 games that felt truly special to me when I played through them. I still remember er playing for the first time and what it felt like walking out of the vault or donning the green tunic for the first time.

At the moment I've been playing overwatch so I suppose that's my favorite game at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom