• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Game Genre

Favorite

• RPG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JRPG

• Shooter (shoot 'em up)

• FPS/TPS

• Sandbox

• Action/Adventure

• Racing

• Sports

• Puzzle

• Fighting

• RTS

• Strategy

• Online, MMO, MMORPG, etc.

• Music/Party

• Simulation

• Total voters

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I love racing games. I beat the first racing game I've ever played like 20 times or something like that in about one month (using different cars every time). I also love flying and open-world games (kinda like the Legend of Zelda).

3rd person action adventure like Mario 64, Zelda, Shadow of the Colossus and No More Heroes. I've never really got along with RPGs because of the turn based combat but i do like to try and play them.

Back in the day 2-D platformers were my choice like Kirby, Mario and Sonic.

I HATE FPS games though, i can't do them and i don't like them at all, with the exception of the Metroid Prime gamed which are pretty much 3-D platformers more so than FPSs

IndigoRose

Princess of Awesome!!!
RPGs and real-time action/adventure. Recently all I've been playing on my PS3 is RPGs/JRPGs.

octorok74

TETTAC
I really like adventure games, because of how massive the worlds are. At the same time though I like first person shooters, because I like the Halo series. It is difficult to say which I like better.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
It's hard to just choose one. My top three video game franchises are made up of Halo, Resident Evil, and The Legend of Zelda which are all very different games. I can enjoy a good first person shooter, but I don't think I'd say it's my favorite genre. Which is ironic, considering Halo is one of my favorite games of all time. I guess it just does so many other things so well (not that FPS games are boring or anything, it's good fun). I also really love survival horror, but I also really enjoy action games. Survival horror games give me a good thrill and make me feel really accomplishing since you have to play smart in order to survive. It's about using your head and deciding how you're going to approach certain situations. But action games give me another kind of thrill, the kind that you can't ever get tired of. This is especially true for me, because I find myself playing RE5 more than any other Resident Evil game, even though it's my least favorite RE title. I guess the action genre provides me with maximum fun. But I also do enjoy me my adventure games. They're a bit more lengthier and can sometimes suffer from repetitiveness, but do give me another kind of joy I just can't quite explain. I also do enjoy me some platforming fun. They're just so addictive and weirdly fulfilling.

Now that I've gathered all my thoughts together, I guess you can say, I don't really have a favorite genre. I enjoy different kinds of video games and you can't judge them all based on genre. It's about how well the game executes its genre.

Last edited:
No platformer option? Sidescrolling platformer is my favorite genre. Always have had the most fun with it ever since I was introduced to video games with the Super Nintendo. Simple concept, tons of room for depth and allows for almost any kind of expansion you can imagine. Pure bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom