• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Freeware Games.

Dan

These games weren't always freeware, but thankfully the developers were kind enough to make them so. :D

Command and conquer, red alert, and tiberian sun
Grand theft auto 1 + 2
Team fortress 2

Now onto games that have always been freeware to my knowlage.
M.u.g.e.n - Funny game that allows you to import literally any fighter from any other game... wanna have barney the dinosaur fight mario, yeah this can do it for you.
Breakout clones - I like breakout... :I
League of legends - tis quiet fun but beware elitists
Trackmania Nations: Forever - Can be a rather fun arcade racing game.
Hedgewars - pretty much a worms ripoff, but it's free so hey :P
Quake Live - online quake for free baby!
Desktop tower defense - I love tower defense games.

and of course the best freeware game of them all...

MINESWEEPER!

I absolutely love Cave Story. It's a manifestation of the Indie Cred-offering superior atmosphere and gameplay than mainstream titles. Since these games are produced on a lower budget there is less to lose if they plunder and developers therefore take more risks. It's a similar story on the console front. You'd be hard pressed to find disc games like Limbo, Journey, or Flower.

[video=youtube;fQRh9_RgLxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQRh9_RgLxU&feature=relmfu[/video]

Another unbelievably strong production is La-Mulana by Nicalis. It's unrelenting difficulty may be a turn off for novice players, however. Be warned.

[video=youtube;SCTnpFbriLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCTnpFbriLo[/video]

Both of the games listed above are on console services like WiiWare as well if you prefer that option over downloading on your computer.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
M.U.G.E.N is possibly my favorite freeware game. I haven't played it in ages (about 5 years), because I lost my Link character (he had multiple costumes and this one super that was awesome -- probably a WIP that I lost anyway), but I know where to get my Super Mario and Super Luigi characters. I love the game due to its easy customizability!!

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
League of Legends is my cocaine. It's an amazing game of skill and strategy that I play way way too much. Nothing costs money in the game unless you want it to. (Minus skins.) I have spent about $50 on the game to 1.) support the developers and 2.) buy some things because I have spent more time playing the game then most console games. I've been playing the game for probably about a year and a half and I still love it. Everyone should try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom