• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem Favorite Fire Emblem Game?

Threads relating to the Fire Emblem series.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
What is your favorite Fire Emblem game? Why?

I only have 1 of the games, unless you count heroes, which is Awakening. So it's my favorite. I will emulate the Gameboy games in the future.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've played 4 - three to completion (Shadow Dragon, Echoes, New Mystery) and one I'm working on (Blazing Blade). Out of the four, Echoes is the current grand champion. Love that game, wish I hadn't lost my 3DS mostly because of it.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I played some of "The Blazing Blade" on the GBA when it was released.

I guess it has to be that by default.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
blazing sword, I absolutely loved that game
binding blade may have gotten me into the series, but blazing sword cemented me as a fan of this franchise, and a good part of it has to do w/ me playing through this game while I was moving, so I would just play blazing sword on my gba since all my systems and games were in boxes

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Now that I've beaten it, Blazing Blade is by far the best I've played. It has the most interesting and varied characters, as well as the best supports I've seen in the series so far. Plus, that game has Lyn and Hector, aka best couple

Haven't played any pre awakening FE games based on availability but 3 houses just took everything good that the newer ones have done and expanded on it. Adore that game, can't wait to replay it with the other 2 houses & hoping for more DLC.

Rekka No Ken / 7 / GBA / Blazing Blade is my favourite one.

I've played most FE games because of a friend who is big into the series, even the early ones that never got a western release.

I liked Three Houses but like Awakening and Fates it felt toothless in the story department.

Specifically, the Golden Deer route is my favorite FE experience.
It's the only route I've done so far, interested to see what the other 2 hold since I could barely recruit anyone from the other houses.

Rekka No Ken / 7 / GBA / Blazing Blade is my favourite one.

I liked Three Houses but like Awakening and Fates it felt toothless in the story department.
Did the pre awakening FE games have more story?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Since my last post, I have played Blazing Blade, Binding Blade, Sacred Stones and Three Houses. And.... honestly, Shadows of Valentia is still probably my favorite. It had great writing, the voice acting is a solid win on all sides, and the gameplay is so different from the rest of FE while still being recognizable as such. Blazing Blade is a close second though, for the characters and stories it evokes.

Kirino

Tatakae
I've played almost all of them, and it'd probably have to be Radiant Dawn, although Three Houses and FE4 are close contenders.
They definitely had better written characters with more intense narratives.

Awakening and beyond feel safe and dull to me.
I wouldn't really agree with this, at least as far as Three Houses is concerned. The main plot is definitely somewhat underwhelming (or rather, unfinished), probably as a consequence of splitting it up into multiple routes and not having enough time to fully develop them. But the characters and world-building are top-notch, and among the best (if not the best) in the series. IMO, anyway.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
The Shadow Dragon remake for DS was intro to the series and I have to say nothing really tops it in terms of difficulty or gameplay. Easily my favorite just because it feels authentic. Normal mode is a legit challenge, even into late game. Hard 5 sets the stage for all ultimate challenges in the games. The game itself encourages unit loss for gaiden chapters (although units recruited in those pretty much suck except for maybe Horace) and Iron Man runs. Overall a solid base.

For reference I've played:
Blazing Blade
Sacred Stones
Radiant Dawn
Shadow Dragon
New Mystery
Awakening
Fates
Three Houses (only CF so far)

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Awakening was my first FE, and since then I've played Genealogy of the Holy War, Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, Path of Radiance (still playing through), Shadow Dragon, New Mystery, Fates Birthright, Shadows of Valentia, and Three Houses Blue Lions.

If you had asked me what my favorite FE game was a little while ago, I would've said Blazing Sword. But since starting and playing through the majority of Path of Radiance, it's looking to become my favorite. The story and characters of Tellius are some of the best in the series, although the game's overall difficulty is a bit lacking.

returnofMCH

here from bulba, don't expect much
definitely mystery of the emblem, it's basically the legendary threequel of the era (such as metroid, LoZ, dragon quest, mario, contra, castlevania, and kirby all had for instance) and the story was no slouch either being a lot darker and less implicit and more explicit, it's no genaoogly in that regard, but it's good enough (and has better gameplay than the other SFC games imo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom