• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite Fights With Human-like Enemies

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I couldn't think of a better way to word this title, but I'm speaking about fights such as Ganondorf in WW or TP (sword fight section), Bryne (if I recall right), or the more recent Ghiriham, and fights that are similar.

Think my most memorable one was in TP where you fight the ball and chain mini-boss. Being in such a tight area and trying to maneuver properly to get hits in felt great. Using the claw shots to try and get around also was a nice little bonus.

What about you guys? What fight stood out to you, and why do you like it so much?

My favorite battles featuring human-like enemies are those against Iron Knuckles in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Perhaps it's not fair to include them considering they are possessed humans, at least in Ocarina of Time, but I really enjoy powerful armored foes in Zelda games. I slightly prefer Iron Knuckles over Dark Nuts since they use axes; I enjoy the variety.

If I have to pick something that's definitely not human, my choice is Death Sword, the mind-boss from the Arbiter's Grounds in Twilight Princess. He has the creepiest design of any Zelda enemy to date, and I appreciated the transformation to Wolf Link being a major part of this battle.

I have to say it's a toss up between two: Iron Knuckles and Lizalfos. "Ike" because they are just extraordinarily tough to face until you get really good. The massive damage output and range coupled with the strategy of luring them around the chamber was enormously fun. They punish slip ups harshly, and I think we need more foes like them.

Lizalfos, specifically because of your first encounter with them in Dodongo Cavern. The small platforms, the lava, hopping nimbly across the cracks, dealing with their agile attack patterns, the fact that they actually switch out when injured too, i liked that because it gave you the impression for the first time in that game that you were fighting a thinking adversary instead of mindless monsters. Plus the fact that they run makes it more rewarding when you beat them. (It doesn't hurt that I have a penchant for reptilian monsters.)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I have to got with Iron Knuckles and Dark Nuts. They are normally a really good challenge, and they just look really awesome. The Ghiriham fights were some of my favorite portions of SS. so i do have to give him some credit here.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Iron Knuckles are epic enemies, but I also enjoyed that one boss from TP. You know, the one that rides a huge hog and you have to face him multiple times. It was fun fighting him in the wooden cabin right before the Arbiters Grounds (where the cabin is set on fire) but the most epic fight was on the bridge. Link and the boss both galopping towards each other with their weapons ready, clashing into each other.

Man, that was so epic when I first played it.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
The first boss that came to mind when I saw this was Ghiriham. I haven't been able to play through all of SS, but I had so much fun fighting him in the first dungeon.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Non-human i would say Death Sword he is literally the only boss (at least i think) that you fight as both wolf and human.

I Love fighting Stalmasters and Stalfos. Darknuts from TP come second and then Third. Well that has to be the sword play with Demise.

Call me crazy but I'm going to vote for fighting the heroes in Hyrule Warriors. They are just fun to fight (providing you do enough damage to them).

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Darknuts from TP. By far the most intimidating enemy in the game and a very serious threat if you're fighting multiple at the same time. Nothing can compare, for me, the feeling of seeing three of these guys at the bottom of the Cave of Ordeals.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I like King Bulblin, he immediately came to mind. Particularly the last battle, in Hyrule Castle. That's when he proves just how human he really is, and I like that.

But I also love the Darknuts from Wind Waker, and Ghirahim's last fight in SS. HOLY cow was that fight difficult!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom