• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Fighting Game

I didn't see this before I started this topic so I'm starting it.

What is your favorite fighting game series and why?

For me, it is Marvel vs Capcom. My favorite comic company vs several popular gaming characters with one of the best fighting systems ever? SIGN ME UP! My favorite is either MvC2 or Ultimate MvC3.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Mine would have to be Mortal Kombat 2. That was my first fighting game and I loved it. The sheer blood gore of it with the fatalities. It was awesome! I loved just trying new things out to see what moves I could come up with and button mashing in hopes of getting a fatality if I didn't know the combo. That game will always hold a place in my heart as my #1 fighting game.

Also a big fan of Marvel vs Capcom! Also Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat I have followed faithfully as they have come out; SSB too.
I also like beat-em-ups though like Streets of Rage, Fatal Fury, Final Fight, Maximum Carnage - I miss those.
Soul Caliber and DOA are alright. then of course the old school fighters, like ClayFighter, Killer Instinct, Primal Rage which are more for then lolz then true passion.

I haven't played many fighting games, but out of the ones that I played, I'd say that my favorite is Super Smash Bros Melee.

Super Smash Bros. Melee was and still is the best fighting game in my opinion. I don't like Brawl as much nor the original Smash Brothers. My second favorite fighting game is Blaze Blue then in 3rd is Soul Calibur

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I like the Super Smash Bros series the best and Brawl the best of the 3. I can't wait for the new one that comes out on the 3DS. :)

Mine is Soul Calibur 2 GCN version. It includes the weapon master mode, and I love that mode for one reason; you get to spend your time unlocking all the weapons, characters, costumes ETC in the game, and I love it. It is also a pretty stellar fighter that deserves to be on every fighting game fans shelf. Also, in the Gamecube version, Link is a guest character.

I like Smash Bros the best. I love how chaotic the matches can get. Second would be Soul Caliber 2, but that's only because it's the only other fighting game I own (and because it has Link in it).

I'm going with the obvious answer with Super Smash Bros. I've played quite a few of fighters in my life, but Smash Bros. is just incredible. The amazing roster and the awesome stages make a complete package that I would rather play with friends than say, Mortal Kombat. The single-player is also a blast, something other fighters tend to ignore. Its online needs work, but it will work it out in the 4th installment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom