• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Fighting Game

Amelie

Air Dancer
I really like Soulcalibur.. but I think Super Smash bros is my favorite.. the N64 one.

I like the mix of big characters that I actually know who they are and being able to jump and kick and have more freedom of where you want to jump is something that you cant really do in soulcalibur or any other fighting games I have played ^^

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I just played a little Killer Instinct on my SNES. When you get a dial a combo going it is so entertaining. Though the shredded thumb pads isn't so hot.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Umm does Double Dragon count? If so thats my pick that game is just never ending fun, the feeling of walking through the streets beating down on any bad guy that crosses your path.

If not then definitly SSB on the N64. Its original, its awsome and its with Nintendo Characters we all grew up with (most of us) and love.

Last edited:

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I have not played many (and am not a huge fan of) fighting games. But I remember playing some Mortal Combat game in the past and enjoying it pretty well. So I will go for Mortal Combat.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Sorry, I can't help it. I love it. :xd:

I'm not the biggest fan of fighting games (with the exception of the Smash Bros. series,) so the only other fighting game I can think of that I REALLY liked is Bloody Roar: Primal Fury for the Gamecube. I really liked that game. My best characters were Stun and Busuzima.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I remember when I was a kid around the time Super Street Fighter II was released. We'd have a family Christmas usually at a hotel that was right across the street and we'd usually do go there for late Christmas shopping. I of course would find my way to the arcade and enjoy watching and playing SSFII. I'd usually lose (I could only really play as Ryu) but there was usually a bunch of people going in and out and it was a lot of fun.

I grew up during a short-lived renaissance for arcades during the '90s which was caused by the fighter boom. Games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat (yes MK was a big ticket back then) King of Fighters and the like were tons of fun to play.

Linky

King of Twilight
Super Smash bros if you include that, cuz its not really a fighting game its more a knockout, party game, Tatsunoko vs Capcom if just pure fighting, thats really the only fighting game I've played though not including ocasional fighting games at arcades

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
SSB series hands down. I had the most fun playing Melee, though Brawl looks the best.
Also, I do find a lot of Tekken games enjoyable and I REALLY enjoyed playing Mortal Kombat VS DC. That game had a very original fighting style and an excellent storyline.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Boy, do I have good memories of Melee... I guess that would have be on the list, but in terms of real fighting games... I'd say Soul Caliber II and the Japanese version of Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4. NGNT4 had a huge character selection, each of whom had really distinct fighting styles and awesome final combos. You could also turn it into a party game and do multiplayer and tag team brawls, which were really fun. It makes me sad that I can't play it anymore since gamecube freeloaders don't work with the Wii backtrack system as far as I know :(

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Probably the Street Fighter for PS1 that I got when I was 7 and totally owned everyone! I don't know how I was so good at it but I really loved it and it still rocks!

I have two favourite fighting series and one game, I can't really choose a favourite out of all of them either...

The first one is Street Fighter, I loved playing this with my cousin when I went around his on most week ends, it's a fun fighting game an unlike most games that you find now again, was actually challenging (well, it was for me when I played it, I must have been about 7 or 8. It's a great game that has several cool characters and I find that it has great reply value.

The next series is Super Smash Bros., I don't know anyone that doesn't actually like this game, it's fun for most people to play that are generally interested in gaming, it's a great game to play when you are at a party or someone's house with several friends, it's even better now that there is the new Rotation system on the Wii that allows for groups of 5 or more play the game with everyone getting a turn. The Tournament system is also very fun to play, it's probably one of the better mode's to play on when lots of people are playing.

The final game that I enjoy playing is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I believe the game I'm thinking of is the arcade version, this is once again a game I used to play on at my cousins house, I loved this game since I first started playing it and it also has it's share of funny moments (like when you try and walk over a hole in the ground and fall down it :xd:). So there they are, my favourite fighting games, if I had to choose a favourite out of them it's probably one of the latter two as I can still play them by myself where as the former one gets a bit boring without your friends, when you are playing with friends in when that game really starts to excel.

i just dont see super smash bros as a fighting game, its like in its own seperate series, just like mario strikers charged.
if it really is a fighting game then thats my favourite fighting game

if it isnt then its definitly tekken, whichever fighting game ive ever played always has weird controls, including street fighter and mortal kombat, its usually just tap this button combination and watch your character do a long move, its almost as though the game doesnt need graphics, its like a "whoever types this word the fastest gets points, first to 500 (i might get shot for saying that but this is just my opinion)
with tekken theres 4 buttons, left kick, right kick, left punch, right punch, amazing controls best REAL fighting game ever in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom