• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Dungeon in the Zelda Series

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
The Dungeons in Zelda have been ranked anywhere from the good, the bad, and the ugly. But what I want to know is what was your favorite dungeon in the series. (I apologize if there's already been a thread for this)
I personally loved the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time because of all the sweet puzzles. The twisted rooms were equaly strange, because I tried to walk on the sides of the walls but still got warped. It was almost like a giant obsticle course filled with monsters and deadly challenges. I really enjoyed it!
So, anyway, tell me your favorite Dungeon and why.

Young Link

Grasshopper
I loved the Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask. There is no other temple like it. It was sweet being able to flip it upside down and the sky was below you. To top it all off, the music was awesome:D

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I cant pick just one from the series. It's too hard!

So I'll just pick my favorite from all of the games I've beaten.

aLttP- The first one you go to after Hyrule Castle.
OoT- Forest Temple
WW- Earth Temple or Gannon's Tower
FSA- I can't remember...:(
MC- Cave of Flames
TP- City in the Sky or Goron Mines
PH- Ice Temple
ST- Sand Temple

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
SPOILERS AHEAD

Stone Tower- One of the most creative and well-executed ideas in the series. Not to mention the haunting, eerie, and catchy music.

Mermaid's Cave (OoA)- The time travel mechanic was well used here- bombing a wall in the past would open a room in the present, for instance. Too bad it was the only dungeon in the game to actually use the time-travel mechanic.

Face Shrine (LA)- The first really challenging dungeon in the game. Also the turning point in the story- the haunting music and dark atmosphere mark the change from a happy, cheery, and vague goal to realizing that completing your quest will mean the end of everyone on the island.

City in the Sky- One of the hardest dungeons in the series, but unarguably the most breathtakingly beautiful.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I can't pick just one out of the series so I will give my favorite out of each game.
Warning: there be spoilers that follow

LoZ: Level 9, Death Mountain: I chose this because of how callenging it was, also it had Ganon which added to the awesome of the first final dungeon.
AoL: The Great Palace: First of all I liked AoL and I liked the challenge of the game and the Great Palace was challenging very challanging, but once you get through it and fight the bosses it feels so rewarding.
Alttp:Ganons Tower: Okay I like final dungeons as you have noticed, this dungeon was challenging and very epic it was long and excruciating to get through which made beating it more rewarding.
LA: Catfishes Maw: This dungeon was so hilariously odd it was amazing. I found it very fun to get through you also get the Hookshot in it which makes getting around more easy.
OoT: my favorite was the Forest Temple mostly because of fond memories of me playing it in the afternoon and my father watching. Also the temple had messed puzzles like the bendy tunnel and the blocks man it was more twisted than Twisted Sister XD
MM: Stone Tower Temple was epic it had amazing music, 3 mini bosses, and an awesome boss battle. What more can you ask from an already epic game.
WW: The Wind Temple because of the awesome boss battle and the hookshot.
TP: Goron Mines, I had a lot of fun in this one, it was pretty easy but very fun with being able to be magnetized to a special kind of rock. Also I like the part where you have to use the bow to take out the bulblins of the structure, it felt like a scene right out of the good, the bad, and the ugly.
PH: The Ice Temple simply because of the ice effects, I really like ice dungeons.
ST: The Snow Temple because i really liked the new uses of the boomerang.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
My favorite is the spirit temple from OoT because you get to use the child for the first time in a long time to finish the first half. The boss was pretty fun too

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
I loved the Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask. There is no other temple like it. It was sweet being able to flip it upside down and the sky was below you. To top it all off, the music was awesome:D

Cool! Right now, I'm working slightly on the Woodfall Temple ( well, actually I havent even got that far), but once I get that far, I should deffinetly check it out. That sounds like my kind of temple.

MrLuigi

Theorist
LoZ: Level 8
AoL: Death Mountain
ALTTP: Ice Dungeon
OoT: Desert Dungeon
MM: Ikana Castle
WW: Forsaken Fortress
TP: Temple of Time

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
MM: Stone Tower Temple, easily the best dungeon in the entire Zelda series. So creative, and so fun to play through.
OoT: Spirit Temple, creepy, and fun.
WW: The one you play through with Medli. I forgot the name.
TP: Arbiters Grounds/City in the Sky/Temple of Time. All three are very good.

My favorite is Eagle's Tower from Link's Awakening.

It's really cool how you have to use the black orb to access the top floor.

I also like that you have to fall down holes to get somewhere you couldn't get to before.

1. City in the sky (tp): it's beatiful, challenging and unique

2. Forest Temple (tp) An epic start to an epic game
3. Bottom of the well (oot) It's scary as f*** and fun too
0082_1.jpg
4. Skull woods (Alttp) a great temple, I loved the multiple entrances

5. Hyrule Castle (tp) Like Ganon's tower in oot, expect this one's got puzzles and secrets too
castle7.jpg
6. Forsaken fortress 1st visit (ww) because I love sneeking around like that, spent like 4 hours on it the first time I played it
480px-LOZWW_Forsaken_Fortress.jpg
7. Catfish's Maw (la) A fun dungeon with a fun item
8. Level 8 (loz) Partly because I beat it second on my first (and as of today, only) playtrough of the origianal, so I had the master key for 1/4th of the game
the-legend-of-zelda-nes-screenshots-09.jpg
9. Goron mines (tp) Because I love the tp bow and arrow, and i love bulblins
10. Great Palace (aol) F***ing hard, but still fun, and it has dark link

H

Hero Of Water

I have two favourites:
Stone Tower Temple (MM) Great and challenging dungeon. I really liked the upside-down feature and music was good as well.
Water Temple (OoT) It was frustrating to find all the keys the first time but that was actually a good thing for me because it added to the challenge. The only bad thing for me was switching those boots all the time.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I can't pick just one. My favorites are Water Temple and Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time. I also like Shadow Temple, Spirit Temple, and Great Bay Temple.

Ocarina has, by far, the best dungeons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom