• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Doctor Who Episode/Most Recent Episode You Have Watched

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
My favorite would have to be Human Nature/Family of Blood, and the last one I watched was... I think Partners in Crime.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I have many favourites, most of the ones that Moffat wrote, especially the ones with River Song :) Hers are the ones I have rewatched the most. Favourite non-Moffat episode is probably Vincent and the Doctor.

The latest episode I watched was the Pete's World storyline in season 2, as I'm currently introducing a friend to the show.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
My favorite episode/story would prolly be "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances", it basically sums up everything I love about Doctor Who. Creepy villains/monsters, time travel, interesting characters, and its incredible storytelling. Christopher Eccleston is so underappreciated in the role of The Doctor a lot of the time and I truthfully think that his episodes were some of the best from the from the recent Doctors.

The most recent episode I've watched was, of course, "The Time of the Doctor". While I wasn't completely happy with it, I still feel like it was a wonderful for Matt Smith. I love the difference between this regeneration and the one prior to it, as in how that one was out for almost a minute and this one just happened immediately. It really shows the difference between where David Tennant's Doctor was around his regeneration and where Matt Smith's Doctor was around his. I can't wait to see what Peter Capaldi will bring to The Doctor^^

My favorite episode/story would prolly be "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances", it basically sums up everything I love about Doctor Who. Creepy villains/monsters, time travel, interesting characters, and its incredible storytelling. Christopher Eccleston is so underappreciated in the role of The Doctor a lot of the time and I truthfully think that his episodes were some of the best from the from the recent Doctors.

The most recent episode I've watched was, of course, "The Time of the Doctor". While I wasn't completely happy with it, I still feel like it was a wonderful for Matt Smith. I love the difference between this regeneration and the one prior to it, as in how that one was out for almost a minute and this one just happened immediately. It really shows the difference between where David Tennant's Doctor was around his regeneration and where Matt Smith's Doctor was around his. I can't wait to see what Peter Capaldi will bring to The Doctor^^
Oh yes I would agree with to whole heartedly about Christopher!!! Everybody complains about his portrayal of the doctor and it gets a bit frustrating!

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I liked Martha! I actually liked her better than Rose sometimes, well, at least Ten and Rose. I dunno, something about them was just weird. Nine and Rose were fine, but Ten and Rose... Eh, she was my least favorite Ten companion. Donna was the bleeping best, though.

I liked Martha! I actually liked her better than Rose sometimes, well, at least Ten and Rose. I dunno, something about them was just weird. Nine and Rose were fine, but Ten and Rose... Eh, she was my least favorite Ten companion. Donna was the bleeping best, though.

Donna was the bleeping best xD that made my night! I just thought that 9 was trying to move on from rose and Martha just forced her way in there and was just like omg takes with you all the time which was so annoying

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
But isn't that really what almost every companion does? I mean, sometimes the Doctor does go looking for companions, but usually they just come looking for him. Martha just wanted what every companion wants: To travel with the Doctor. And remember, unlike most companions, she ended up leaving of her own accord. That shows guts, and a heckuva lot of self control.

But isn't that really what almost every companion does? I mean, sometimes the Doctor does go looking for companions, but usually they just come looking for him. Martha just wanted what every companion wants: To travel with the Doctor. And remember, unlike most companions, she ended up leaving of her own accord. That shows guts, and a heckuva lot of self control.

This is true! I don't know why I just didn't like her

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I think Eccleston would have benefitted from having more time as the Doctor. It's hard to compare him to the others who had more time to explore the role. However, I think he was a good Doctor. I like others more, but he's definitely up there among the ones I really like.

Martha's season was Season 3, and Donna's was season 4.

And I feel people are unfair against poor Martha, I mean, yes she wasn't an especiall exciting companion - and she became mostly a forgettable one, but she was a decent character - an observant, intelligent girl with her heart in the right place. Also, who can really blame her for her feelings towards the Doctor? First he kisses her (sure, it was for a different reason, but can anyone really blame her for forming a crush on the guy?), then he invites her to go travel with him, then no matter what she says or does in his presence, he pretty much lets her know it's not good enough. He keeps comparing her to Rose, Rose would say this or Rose would do that, or Rose would instantly know what to do. And the whole time he acts as though he's giving Martha a reward for being such a clever girl. I applauded when Martha finally decided enough was enough, that she didn't want to go on being the rebound companion, and she made a life for herself.

Rose is my least favourite of the modern companions. I don't hate her, but I just don't particularily like her. She was decent enough with Nine, but with Ten she just become so puppy love. Also I found her to be rather self-absorbant a lot of the time.

Donna is definitely my favourite modern companion (River is my favourite character, but I don't count her as a companion the same way, because she was more doing her own thing and letting the Doctor tag along with her adventures than tagging along on his). Like Sarah-Jane, who's my favourite of the classic companions, she's very no nonsense, and I especially love her complete lack of romantic interest in the Doctor. She's just his mate, his very, very good mate.

I think Eccleston would have benefitted from having more time as the Doctor. It's hard to compare him to the others who had more time to explore the role. However, I think he was a good Doctor. I like others more, but he's definitely up there among the ones I really like.

Martha's season was Season 3, and Donna's was season 4.

And I feel people are unfair against poor Martha, I mean, yes she wasn't an especiall exciting companion - and she became mostly a forgettable one, but she was a decent character - an observant, intelligent girl with her heart in the right place. Also, who can really blame her for her feelings towards the Doctor? First he kisses her (sure, it was for a different reason, but can anyone really blame her for forming a crush on the guy?), then he invites her to go travel with him, then no matter what she says or does in his presence, he pretty much lets her know it's not good enough. He keeps comparing her to Rose, Rose would say this or Rose would do that, or Rose would instantly know what to do. And the whole time he acts as though he's giving Martha a reward for being such a clever girl. I applauded when Martha finally decided enough was enough, that she didn't want to go on being the rebound companion, and she made a life for herself.

Rose is my least favourite of the modern companions. I don't hate her, but I just don't particularily like her. She was decent enough with Nine, but with Ten she just become so puppy love. Also I found her to be rather self-absorbant a lot of the time.

Donna is definitely my favourite modern companion (River is my favourite character, but I don't count her as a companion the same way, because she was more doing her own thing and letting the Doctor tag along with her adventures than tagging along on his). Like Sarah-Jane, who's my favourite of the classic companions, she's very no nonsense, and I especially love her complete lack of romantic interest in the Doctor. She's just his mate, his very, very good mate.

Oh I feel so bad for hating on Martha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom