• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Death Mountain?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Skyward Sword's Death mountain was disappointing for me, I remember the prior to the games release Nintendo was claiming that regions were going to be more open, Death Mountain in the game didn't feel that way at all to me. Sure you had to go back because the game made you, but I always felt like it was forced, I really didn't want to go back.

Masked Bastard

formerly Captain B
One of the most jarring things to me is how far Death Mountain *apparently* is from Hyrule Castle in Alttp. By the map there's hardly any distance at all. When you view the horizon from its Dark World counterpart though, Death Mountain only makes up a small part of it.

Hmm difficult question.

I dislike the fire dungeons in almost every Zelda game, they're not settings i enjoy but Death Mountain has a place in my heart more for what it does rather than what it is.

I think my favourite Death Mountain would be TP's, i like that Kakariko village is built into the foot of it rather than being a village at the bottom that feels as if it could be placed anywhere else like it was in OoT. Scaling it is a lot more interesting too where OoT's is basically a straight line to the top.

Second favourite is OoT Death Mountain, not because i prefer its design (not saying its bad) but it has a special place in my heart because of the cloud above it. I remember it being said that the cloud above it changes when there is discord, knowing that and stepping out of the Temple of Time after the seven year jump to see the cloud blazing above the mountain, it just felt epic.

I know its not Death Mountain but Dragon Roost is the best fire location and dungeon Zelda has had. <3

The ALttP/ALBW Death Mountain is the best by far. I like dungeons like Turtle Rock and the Ice Ruins, and they are all in all climactic to climb.

The 3D death mountains are nothing special though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom