• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Creature

Skunk

Floof
What's your favorite enemy, kindly animal, or any other non-Hylian in the world of Zelda? Mine is the toon version of Octorok.

There are so many unique and interesting creatures in Zelda, but the Ritos from the Wind Waker have always held that special place in my heart. I love their look, culture, and way of life.
Besides being half bird, which is cool in itself, the Ritos seem to have a very rich culture, based off of some sort of Native American idea, which is what I got from it. I really liked the idea of seeing a race based off a native peoples because it was something never really explored before in Zelda, but they did a lot with it to enhance the culture and realism of it all. I also love the fact that beside being so . . . "different", in terms of creatures on the Great Sea, they pretty much rule the skies. Not only does their island look over a vast amount of space, they are in charge of the mail system, which I really liked. Although clearly somewhat old-fashioned and true to their native culture, they also have a place in the modern world with their mail system. This is something I really loved and disappointed to see gone in the sequels of Wind Waker.
All in all, the Rito's diversity and interesting cultural technique in their design really stood out to me and made me love the Ritos :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love the Kokiri as in the race. They're just so very interesting to me despite having very little if any significance in the game world.

Give me the Zoras any day. I love the zora areas in all of the Zelda games. Probably Twilight Princess the most though.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I like the Deku Scrubs (and it saddens me that we only see them as friendly in MM)

and I like the Koroks (theyr adorable)

But my favorite might be the Picori. I like the idea of a tiny race living all around us and we just can't see them. Plus once you become ther size, it opens up a whole new world of exploration

Telma's Cat!

Nah, i really like the Great Fairies in Wind Waker. the one in Mother and Child isle was so wonderfully surreal, it was almost like something out of Majora's Mask. It was a wonderful moment al together, its design was wonderful, its language was off putting given what it looked like and it really foreshadowed Puppet Ganon near the end of the game with the small fairy-like puppet it held. Its movements were freak yoo and the lighting was cool too, i've never seen a fairy or many other characters in Zelda look so interesting. I also like how Fi in SS kind of mirrored the design too.

So yeah Wind Waker Great Fairy because it was a wonderful moment, and it looked and sounded awesome yet freaky.

Ganondorf. He's Gerudo, so he's not Hylian. No, Linebeck. He's not from Hyrule, so he's not Hylian. But, since I'm assuming you meant closer to human than Hylian, as in not humanoid (excluding the Rito and Kokiri, who have major differences) I'll choose... can't decide between Zora(nice ones), Deku(nice ones), and Kikwi. their all so cute/ cool!

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I like the Kokiri/Korok there so curious, so simeler to the Human race, but so diffrent, they have an amazing society, and each one sticks to thy heart like glue.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I think that the Deku Scrubs are very interesting. They are sometimes enemies in one game, and then civilized people in another. They are also very unique and have a mysterious background.

I was in no way forced to say that by my people...

Good Day!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I like the Gorons. They seem so tough on the outside with a soft creamy centre. I don't know. They just seem so friendly and welcoming unlike many other races in the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom