• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Console?

What is your favorite console/handheld?

Mine would have to be the Nintendo GameCube purely for nostalgic reasons. I remember my parents buying it for me when I was in first grade along with Spider-Man The Movie Game and Mario Party 7. The fun I had with those games was out of this world and I'm pretty sure I clocked in at least 20 hours on each of those games within the first week of having them! After a month or two, I got Super Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, which are still among my most favorite games of all time.

About the console itself, the controller was very compact and comfortable to use, and in my opinion, the best controller of the generation (maybe tied with the DualShock 2? Not sure...).

What are your thoughts?

Probably the SNES for all of it's great RPGs and the nostalgia from when my brother and I would play Super Mario World together many years ago.

Dan

The sega megadrive !

Home of the sonic the hedgehog games ! Plenty of fun co-op games such as streets of rage, toejam and earl, wonderboy 3, bonaza bros etc.
BLAST PROCESSING !!!!

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
My PS2 for sure! I can play ALL my anime games and... AND... Kingdom Hearts! So yeah PS2 for me ^=^

Nintendo 64! With the exception of that controller which I've never cared for, it's my overall favorite console. So many amazing games & great memories on that console.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Xbox 360. The controller is the most comfortable of all the controllers I have experienced, the menu design is also my favourite out of any of the other consoles I have played.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Definitely the N64. I have so many memories with that system and it was my first home console. Game-wise I'd say the Super Nintendo has a greater selection

1. Gamecube
2. Xbox 360
3. N64

The reason I love all three console is because they boasted a plethora of good games and with the exception of the Gamecube revolutionized the industry. N64 gets a shout out for introducing me to gaming, boasting the first controller analog stick, and shifting the gaming world to the 3D realm. Gamecube carries lots of nostalgia for me due to late night Melee nights. Also the controller is pure bliss. The 360 boasts my favorite controller of the generation as well as the most stable online experience on the console front. Not to mention you won't find Master Chief anywhere else.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
N64 for obvious reasons, PS2 because of the following games:

Resident Evil 4
Star Ocean Till the End of Time
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom Hearts (I, II, Re[noparse]:CoM[/noparse])
....SO3...

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
About the console itself, the controller was very compact and comfortable to use
I completely agree with you there! I like the compactness too and always felt that when playing an fps on the PS2/PS3 having my thumbs almost touching each other due to the closeness of the control sticks made gameplay for me very awkward compared to the placement of the C-stick for camera control in relation to the control stick on the Gamecube controler.

I love my Gamecube along with the first 2 games I ever got for it "Super Smash Brothers Melee" and "Starfox Adventures Dinosaur Planet" and since I got my GC in 2003 it was not long after that I received WW - the pre-ordered edition that came with OoT and thus my Zelda/Nintendo love was cemented!

I think my favorite (currently, at least) would be the DS purely because I like handhelds a lot since I can play them much more often than I can others. I like lots of others but I've grown rather attached to the DS due to being able to play it more than them. I imagine I'll enjoy the 3DS when I get one since I'm assuming it can still play DS games as well. I still really enjoy my Wii, Gamecube, N64, and PS2 as well, they just aren't as in the forefront of my day as the handheld is since it can be a hassle to find time to play them when I won't be bothering my parents by occupying our living room. :P

Not counting handhelds

Top 5-

1. Nintendo 64 (first console ever had)
2. Gamecube (just plain awesome and favorite controller)
3. PS2 (So many good games)
4. Xbox 360 (Great online and Halo)
5. Wii (Hit and miss games, but very special to me)

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
Wii, DSi, GBA
These are actually my only systems xD but I like them because I can play all the Zelda games on just those three ^^ (and when I borrow pikmin from my friend, I can use it on the wii, hurray for gamecube compatibility!)
plus I want more pokemon, and I can play all of them with just the DS and GBA ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom