• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Console to Speculate About Before Release

With it seeming like every day now that a new Switch successor rumor crops up, I thought it'd be fun to make a thread to talk about which past cycle was the most fun to talk about rumors.

The Wii U and Switch both had fun rumor mills but for different reasons.

Project Cafe, the codename for the Wii U, was long known to have a controller with a screen on it, and some of the concepts were absolutely wild.
PCafe-IGN-Details-Rumor.jpg

With the Switch, on the other hand, people were wondering how the hybrid concept would work and if the idea of combining handheld and console lines would potentially backfire on Nintendo and lead to them exiting the industry.

It's definitely fun to look back at all the crazy speculation with the benefit of hindsight.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
For me it was the Wii

There were tons of rumors flying back when the Wii was more commonly known as the Revolution. Rumors were that it would be more powerful than the Xbox 360 while utilizing some weird hybrid controller thing. It was going to be Nintendo's big power swing into the world of gaming in terms of raw power.

It wasn't exactly the powerhouse the rumors kept saying it would be, but it did usher Nintendo back into the gaming world.

For me it was the Wii

There were tons of rumors flying back when the Wii was more commonly known as the Revolution. Rumors were that it would be more powerful than the Xbox 360 while utilizing some weird hybrid controller thing. It was going to be Nintendo's big power swing into the world of gaming in terms of raw power.

It wasn't exactly the powerhouse the rumors kept saying it would be, but it did usher Nintendo back into the gaming world.

The Wii certainly lived up to its codename, but in a different way than people were expecting.

Personally, I wasn't too fond of that era of Nintendo, but it paved the way for the resurgence of more typical first party Nintendo games on Wii U with Nintendo finding a balance between games inspired by those that made the Wii great (Ring Fit Adventure comes to mind) and their usual first parties on Switch.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
So far the only console that I spent any real amount of time following the news for was the Switch, and even then it was mainly just a few rumors about the patents for the rumored “NX”. I remember first seeing the rumors that it was going to go back to using cartridges instead of disks and thinking that would be a really silly thing to do. Of course I didn’t realize that it would be part handheld at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom