• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Console Game Cases

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Yeah we're really getting into the bottom of the barrel topics here...
Many consoles have their own unique game cases, while others just go for a more default type of cases (cd jewel cases,dvd cases,etc.). But which game system has the cases you favor the most?

The 3DS cases are pretty classy. They're slimmer and less boxy than the DS cases, and use less plastic. Plus some game publishers do this:

f3716720a9.jpg

They're also easier to open. Most of my DS games I didn't keep in their cases because they were a hassle to open. Third party games had cases that were easier to open than Nintendo games, for some reason.

In terms of packaging material wasted
The NES wins. The cart just fit into the box. Very little surplus packaging material used.

In terms of ease of storage
Any modern console wins that. The big 3 today (Switch, PS4 and XB1) as well as the previous generations of these consoles that used discs and the 3DS. All on them have thin cases that store away well and do not take up much space.

For looks
The Gamecube (in my opinion)

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
The Xbox One cases are nice and thin, so it's easy to fit many of them on a shelf. The 3DS cases make the game look like a sacred treasure (which, in most cases, it is), because the game is so small compared to the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom