• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Console Designs

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I like how certain consoles can be really eye appealing, but this varies from person to person. I know my friend really digs the PAL Super Nintendo design but I'm super whatever on it. But what are your favorite console designs? Here's my top 4:

PSone
800px-PSone-Console-Set-NoLCD.jpg

Sega Saturn (any region)
Title.jpg

Sega Dreamcast
Dreamcast1.jpg

Playstation 2 Slim
ps2-slim.jpg

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I've always been partial to the Gamecube. I know it got mocked for its look, but I think it's very neat and clean. I also like the shade of purple it is, and I also enjoy the way the disc holder thingy is a button you press down. Feels very satisfying. It's simple and pleasant. It looks like a fun machine, and that's what I want to feel when I see a console.

L7AD8kX.jpg

I also really like the PAL SNES design. In all honesty, it's not particularly attractive or interesting to look at, but this was my first console and I have a lot of good memories from when I was a kid playing this thing. The image of the console itself has been burned into my mind for life and seeing it will always make me feel the echo of that excitement I used to feel when I was a wee lad.

y8EK2wB.jpg

Another I've always liked is the translucent N64 consoles. There was a big trend in the mid- to late-90s of 'see-thru' plastic and Nintendo leant into it hard. The N64 has a nice curved design as it is, but the grey colour was pretty flat. The translucent versions added a lot of life to them, made the machine seem more approachable and enjoyable. I look at this N64 and can't help but feel compelled to play it.

S4bUplz.jpg

Last, and on the same theme, the translucent purple Gameboy Colour. This was the first handheld I ever owned and I went on my Pokémon Silver adventure with it. The summer of 2001 was one of the most purely happy times of my life. I had Harry Potter, was just getting into Discworld, Kylie Minogue was on TV all the time, you could still take a bottle of water on a plane, and I was on my very own Pokémon adventure all day, every day. I can't begin to describe how nostalgic I get for that summer, and the sight of a translucent purple GBC will always bring it back to me :rosa:

TRiEwc1.jpg

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
holy crap I just realized this is in the zelda section and not the gaming one, can someone fix?
Done!

As far as favourite console designs go, can’t say I’ve thought about that much before. I guess that I really like the orange GCN and the controller that came with it. And I also really like the special Pokémon edition N64 that they released, and despite the reported issues, the red Wii was a pretty bold colour choice for a console.

I don't know why, maybe it's my phone, but it just keeps scrolling to the top of the page without any input on the touch screen.

Anyway, as for favorite console, definitely the GameCube, hands down.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i always liked the look of the ouya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom