• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Favorite Companion?

Who's your favorite Companion

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatl

• King of red Lions

• Ezlo

• Midna

• Cielia

• Zelda

• Fi

• Total voters
who's your favorite zelda companion? Navi, Tatl, King of the red lions, Ezlo, Midna, or Fi? My personal favorite whould be midna, tell me yours.

Donutwizard

The Angry Mask Salesman
Who is Your Favorite Companion?(With Poll!!!)

Who is your favorite companion in the zelda series? Please vote, and/or post a reply!:) BTW my favorite companion is Fi. :P

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
I like tatl she showed real emotion unlike the other companions where they didn't care much about link over time she started to actually like and love link and at the end credits she was the why a tear was in my eye but i still didn't idk why i did 3 TIMES in skyward sword but not in MM whats wrong with me :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Who's your favorite companion from the Zelda series? Mine, personally, is Midna because she had so much character development. I think I'm one of the few people who like her mean personality at the beginning of the game, too... :midna:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Navi

HEY! LISTEN!

In all seriousness, Tatl from MM. She starts off in it for her own ends, to find her bro, just as Link was (to get his ocarina back). Lo and behold, you both end up caring for each other and helping each other out.

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun
Tatl or Midna. Tatl saved me from Navi's boring, emotionless banter. Midna was a well developed character that I came to love

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
lolanotheroneofthesethreads

Ahem, I really enjoyed Fi as a companion. She was pretty emotionless for most of the game, but her presence was very nice to be around. Her eternal slumber was a real shame to have happen. Besides Fi, I also liked Navi. Despite popular beliefs, Navi is not that annoying. I suppose you could say that she's misunderstood. I disliked Midna mainly due to her sour attitude for about half of the game.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Navi: No companion is more famous, more memorable, and more fun. I love Navi, and I want a new game in the Adult Timeline that will allow Link to find her. I'm still wondering where she went. She needs a new story, and new appearance.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Easy....Midna

First off she is everything a companion should be! Rather than giving Link useless information that she actually helps Link much throughout the game which is what a companion is. The likes of Fi and Navi in my opinion hindered rather than helped in the grand scheme of things, they would constantly mither and bother you with information. Now there is a clear distinction between useful information and straight out obvious information, in my opinion the likes of Navi and Fi were a cheap excuse for an in game tutorial. Midna on the other hand had the perfect balance, she did give out information but this was applied to the story more than anything. As you progressed you would learn more and more about her, Zants and twilight realms origins, which was really added to the narrative of the game.

Another way she was actually helpful was in combat and other situations, as she really added to Link arsenal. While in wolf form you could use Midna to create a power field where as wolf link you could target multiple enemies, making it very handy against certain enemies. You could also use Midna to teleport to certain areas across the map as well as transporting key plot items. One other thing Midna could do is allow Link in wolf form to perform large jump sequences to get to non reachable areas. Overall this made Minda feel vital to the game and as if if she was not there Link couldn't have saved Hyrule at all. You certainly didn't get this feeling with the likes of Fi and Navi who pretty kuch didn't help Link in any other way than acting as a tutorial or database.

Midna also had a whole other element than just being a companion and thatwas actually that she is one of the Best characters we have seen in my opinion anyway. As I mentioned beofre the fact that she provided us with information about the on going events in the game really made her seem key to the story. Also her personality was very unique, some may like it and some may hate it but no one can deny that she is one of the more stand out and original characters that we have seen in the entire series. I also loved the character development involved with Midna, at the start she was this jerk like character who only seemed to care for herself. However as the story progressed and the events her and Link had went through their friendship truly grew. Her attitude changed and we seen her show compassion towards Link and the light world, this was shown as she risked her life in the final events of the game to save both Link and Zelda.

I'll save the spoilers but the way ending played out even though sad it was truly anepic ending to not just a great game but an amazing character.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
F540F7A4-2912-48BE-80FB-B0C2CA6E859E-373-0000002D11D31054_zps0dc65739.jpg

Ezlo, so far in my playthrough of the Minish Cap I've quite liked him not being annoying and his little insults and comments towards Link. Midna is a close second, she has an interesting personality.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
Although I really like Midna, I went with Tatl for one reason: replay value. She annoys me the least when playing through a game where I already know where to go and what to do. If Midna didn't offer as much unsolicited advice, I would pick her. Having a friend who kills your enemies with giant octopus hair is pretty cool, even if she does make fun of you and pull on your ears while treating you like a very furry horse (hmm...kind of like my nephew with his dog).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom