• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Companion Character

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmm Midna probably have been one of the most helpful companions. But I never got attached to her.

I finished TMC and I wish I could rip that stupid hat off and duck tape Ezlo. He was funny at times but besides the ability to shrink and to use him as a balloon for a short time he wasn't that helpful.

Zelda in ST was very helpful but sometimes an annoying brat too. Screaming because of rats while she is inside a phantom. Just when she carries you she screams when she spots rats.....ticked me off.

I like Navi. Yes she can get a bit on your nerves with her Hey Listen but you could also ignore her. It's not like she shows up all the time. I kinda got attached to her after playing OoT many times.

KOtRL was not emotional enough for me. It was just a lot of blablabla and when you jumped down and landed in the water he wouldn't even pick you up but let you drown! What kinda companion does that?? And he wants Link to defeat Ganon but refuses to pick Link up when he is drowning XD.

Linebeck was funny. He showed a lot of emotions. I liked Ciela too. She was fiesty especially against Linebeck but she wasn't that helpful. So it would probably be a tie between Linebeck and Navi here.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I finished TMC and I wish I could rip that stupid hat off and duck tape Ezlo. He was funny at times but besides the ability to shrink and to use him as a balloon for a short time he wasn't that helpful.

ezlo_and_link_by_nolycs-d72guhc.png

Ezlo, man... well he's my number 1 for sure, no doubt about that. I love his personality, he's so me.

In terms of helpfulness though, I have to give it to Midna. I also love her story the best. Though Ezlo is my favourite as a character, Midna's my favourite as a companion since she's the one I felt more emotionally connected with, and therefore the one I would like to have as my own personal companion the most. The way she started off mean and snobbish then got nicer to Link throughout the game was just great. It was nice to see a companion character have some real building development as the game progressed. She was very well done imo. Her hints switched between being super vague and being super obvious, but it's not a huge problem because they were mostly totally optional, as well as rather few and far between. She is everything I like companions to be, and it's a shame there aren't really any others like her. It is for all these reasons that she's my favourite companion in the series, and they are also many of the reasons why Zelda is my second favourite.

In terms of character, my list is like this: Ezlo>Midna>Zelda>Linebeck (Yes, I'm counting him)>Tatl>King of Red Lions>Fi>Navi

As for which ones I like most as companions, my list is something like this: Midna>Zelda>Fi>Ezlo>King of Red Lions>Tatl>Navi>>>>>>>>>>>Linebeck

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I think Midna is my favourite, she was fun and very helpful.

Zelda in ST comes second, because I just loved the fact that she actually got to be a useful, playable companion for once.

I don't mind Navi, even with all the "Hey, Listen!"s she threw out, but I can't say I really enjoyed her. Tatl was alright, too, just not a someone who stood out to me. King of Red Lions was also good, but I just didn't feel he was a full companion as he was more your vehicle, occasional helpful guide. He was more a step above Epona/Loftwing, as he had some companion-esque qualities, but was still your transportation.

The one that drove me insane, though, was Fi. She was just too disruptive, always insisting on talking, not giving you a chance to figure things out for yourself, and she was mainly unhelpful.

Midna's my favorite while my second is the King of Red Lions.

Fi's my least favorite due to how annoying she can get and the fact she's not very interesting. I take Midna over her any day.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I have to go with King of the Red Lions. Of all the companions in the 3D Zelda's he was the least intrusive and the least annoying. Very rarely did he interrupt you during a dungeon or something related to give you useless information about the world that you already knew. He also provided a lot of the games narrative but did so in a way that made sense (generally before or after dungeons) and he hardly ever droned on and on. *stares at Fi and Midna* also his personality is so chill and laid back... And to top it all off.... he's a boat. ._.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom