• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Capcom franchises

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Capcom has such a large and diverse pool of game franchises that spans various genres. Despite some shady business practices or mishandling of certain game directions, there's a reason to why the company was so highly renowned at one point. So with that outlook,what are (or were) some of your favorite games or franchises that Capcom has put out. Mention as much as you want.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Mega Man has to be the first called out. I've played... 5 games between the various franchises I think? I enjoyed all of them. Great core concept that didn't hold itself back when games started getting more complicated. Great flow, love playing it.
Zelda is commonly forgotten among the Campcom franchises, but they developed Minish Cap, which, while I haven't finished it, is a great game in its own right. And it counts as a remake because they did the GBA ALttP remake with Four Swords. So there's two games there, three if you count FS and ALttP separately (I don't, and if I did, I wouldn't count ALttP).

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
its gotta be phoenix wright for me,there's still other capcom games i want to look more into,but for now phoenix wright would probably be my favorite
though i feel resident evil and viewtiful joe deserve a mention

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Mega Man
Devil May Cry
Dead Rising
Monster Hunter
Sengoku Basara

I love all these franchises in said order. Mega Man is my nostalgic child hood and still stands as strong platformers. The challenging beat em up and styllish play style of Devil may Cry is love for me. Dead Rising is good zombie killing fun. Hunting the big monsters is so good inn Monster Hunter 4. Sengoku Basara so much anime and Dynasty Warriors it is love. I wish more came to the states.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I absolutely love OoA and OoS and Minish Cap was fantastic so obviously Zelda is a great example. I'm also a big fan of the original Breath of Fire, I would smother a kitten for them to bring that franchise back (6 certainly doesn't count).

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm a huge Resident Evil fan with REmake, 2, and 4 being some of my all time favorite games. I'm not a big fighting game fan or expert either, but I can always have some casual fun with Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. I got into Devil May Cry pretty late, but I absolutely loved the first game for how much it reminded me of the original Resident Evils and its overall unique gameplay and visuals. I wasn't too fussed about the 3rd game after having played the much better Bayonetta, but it was still a pretty good game considering it came first. I also really enjoyed the reboot and appreciated what they were doing with it. Last is Dead Rising. It was such a unique and refreshing concept at the time and sort of still is, and adding co-op to the second game was a great idea that only made the game so much more fun. It's just a shame that Capcom doesn't know what they're doing with any one of these franchises anymore. It's like they intentionally made all these ****ty decisions to make us hate these franchises we once loved.

Last edited:
Final Fight - Gave Streets of Rage a run for it's money. I'd buy a modern Final Fight game.

Mega Man - The earlier games were always the best here. 2 and 3 were the best NES games. I liked the first X game the most. I also thought the first battle Network game was rather good too. Most Mega Man series lose quality as they go on and on getting progressively worse.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Final Fight - Gave Streets of Rage a run for it's money. I'd buy a modern Final Fight game.

Mega Man - The earlier games were always the best here. 2 and 3 were the best NES games. I liked the first X game the most. I also thought the first battle Network game was rather good too. Most Mega Man series lose quality as they go on and on getting progressively worse.
First Battle Network? Didn't they pull a Pokemon and come out with like a blue and red one simultaneously? Or were those released after an original? Either way, I played through one of them and loved it.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
First Battle Network? Didn't they pull a Pokemon and come out with like a blue and red one simultaneously? Or were those released after an original? Either way, I played through one of them and loved it.
The multiple tittle came at megaman battle network 3. White and blue. Ater that yeah each one having two for the sequal. Red sun blue moon for , protoman or colonal for 5 and the two cyber beasts at 6. 1 and 2 were just that 1 and 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom