• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Bosses From All Zelda Games

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Hello, ZD people!
Yes, I know someone posted a thread like this earlier, but I am including the 2-D titles as well.
Now, here's how it works: reply to this post these things:
Favorite 2-D Zelda Boss
Favorite 3-D Zelda Boss
Favorite Zelda Boss Overall

CAN INCLUDE MINI-BOSSES

Here, I shall use my own favorites as an example:

2-D: Helmasaur - A Link to the Past
3-D: Twilight Arachnid: Armogohma - Twilight Princess
Overall: Dark Link - Ocarina of Time

I really appreciate contribution of this thread, people! Thanks a lot for replying (if you do reply)
And by "Overall", I mean your favorite out of the two. Or if there is one boss that surpasses over the other two you've chosen.

(Warning: if you try to do the "2-D:" and "3-D:" thing with smilies on, it'll come out as "3-*smilie*". turn off smilies for this thread, people! Thanks!) (I would have put a Link smilie but I have them off sooooooo.... Yeeeaaahhhh.... LOL)

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually, use noparse. inb4 wat dat is

[noparse]2D: Ganon (OoX)
3D: Ganon (OoT)
Overall: Ganon (TP)[/noparse]

I'm confused as to how your overall favorite boss could be different from your favorite 2D or 3D Zelda boss. It simply defies logic.

[noparse]2D[/noparse]: Ganon (ALttP)
zeldatheories.gif

I though Ganon was introduced very thoughtfully in the Super Nintendo's sole Zelda game and the final battle against him was interesting with his variety of trident and magic attacks. Clutching the Triforce at game's end felt like a consummate victory and knowing the placement of the game on the official timeline makes the victory that much more satisfying-a glimmer of hope for a world on the verge of darkness.

[noparse]3D[/noparse]: Ganon (OoT)
LMSl

It's not only nostalgia but pure brilliance in game design. The first time I played Ocarina of Time as a child I expected a mere encounter with Ganondorf and yet after the king of evil crumbled (heplless Gani) the castle plummeted down with him in an exhilarating escape sequences and the true final showdown began. Not only was the pig like monster well designed but the variety of methods through which to defeat him (including the deku nuts) keep me coming back time and time again.

Overall: Ganon (OoT)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I have to choose one of each? Well that's just not fair. :bleh:

Favorite 2D Boss: Dark Link (aka Shadow Link), Zelda II

I just like kickin' his *** after figuring out his pattern. It's pretty satisfying to finally figure out how to obliterate a tough foe with ease.

Favorite 3D Boss: Ghirahim (all phases), Skyward Sword

Simply superb design in every way, Ghirahim combines strategy with action in all of his fights and requires us to think on-the-fly in order to counter his attacks. Once you've fought him enough, you'll know all of his tricks, but that goes with any Zelda boss (yep, any one of them). Easily one of the best bosses in gaming.

Favorite Zelda Boss: Ghirahim

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom