• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Boss Music?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
All and any boss music from the Mario & Luigi-series is amazing!

Special shoutout to the songs:

Another's Requiem
The Grand Finale
Never Let Up!
Size Up Your Enemy
Big Bang

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Well if you count the legendary Pokemon as bosses my favorite song is Groudon/Kyogre's Theme. Specifically the original version cuz it sounds just a little more epic than the remake.

Let’s see if I can keep it to just 10…not in any particular order.

1.Donkey Kong 64 - final boss. Just cause it’s really nostalgic as the first game my brother and I ever finished.

2.Drakengard 3 - the final song. There’s so much good music in this and the Nier games but this one really stands out to me.

3.Travis Strikes Again - Love secret desire. Again, tons of good music in the NMH series and GHM games in general but this one is something else.

4.God Hand - Smoking roll. Just love how cheesy it is. I’d be remiss not to mention other Platinum/Clover games like Ōkami or Metal Gear Rising but this game has a certain old school charm to it.

5.Paper Mario 2 - final boss. Really I love all the beefy boops of this ost

6.Pokemon Gold/Silver - champion battle

7.Skyward Sword - Imprisoned. Lots of good Zelda music but I really feel this one fits the battle so well and I like all the interchanging parts and instrumentation.

8.The Last Guardian - finale II. Not quite a boss I guess? But the final segment. All the music in Ico and SotC are great as well but this was the first game to ever get me to cry which I think really counts for something. What an experience.

9.Mother 3 - final battle. I like this one in particular because it’s one of few “midi” retro style tracks that really emphasizes the atmosphere and makes use of what is happening in the game. The fact that it kind of sounds like a mess until you get an ear for the rhythm is really cool.

10.Red Dead Redemption 2 - You’re my brother/American venom. Really tough to choose between the two. Really tough to consider one a boss but the other gave me MGS4 final boss vibes, which is better than much of anything Kojima has done since then sadly.

And lastly a runner up because I can’t not mention it but…Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2 is still maybe my fav Sonic song. Hate to call it nostalgia but it was my first Sonic game, and ever since going through the rest both old and new, the Adventure games are the only ones that really hold up as good fun for me, with minimal cringe.

Waffle Dee

A Waddle Dee who works at Kirby’s Café

I dunno, just like it

Revali_is_Best

Return of Revali
I might say that my favorite boss theme is maybe Dark Beast Ganon from BotW. Sick theme... though not as climactic of a battle as the music might advertise

Honorable mentions: Monk Maz Koshia; Master Kohga (if that counts)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

The big story boss battle music.
It just fits with the overall aesthetic of the game. Being dark and lonesome but also powerful based on the main character busing her ass to get the job done.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer

My first thought when I saw the thread title was Yuga's theme. This song is a literal masterpiece. It reminds me a lot of Sephiroth's theme, (another awesome one I didn't post here because I figure it's probably somewhere in this thread already). Idk, I think the voices in the background add a really cool sense of atmosphere. Also, having it literally say "Yuga" makes it feel like it's really connected to the battle and not just your standard background noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom