• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Favorite Boss in Majora's Mask

Favorite Boss in Majora's Mask

• Odolwa

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Goht

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Gyorg

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Twinmold

• Unsure

• Total voters

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Gyorg is the fish, right? Then definitely that. That boss fight was intense, I loved it.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Goht, easy one is this. Might be the best boss in the series IMO, tied with Twilight Stalfos. Chasing after it with Goron Link was just extremely fun.

But I guess it depends what you look for in a boss. Plain fun? Fear? Design? Difficulty? To me it's fun, but it may differ.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
In terms of design I would have to say Odolwa. With all the chanting and dancing around he did, it made for an interesting battle.

I ended up voting for Goht though, as it was my favourite battle (aside from Majora). Rolling as a Goron is my favourite way to travel in this game, thus I enjoyed the idea of having to chase down the enemy and hurt him in this form.

MW7

I have to go with Goht. None of the rest are as much fun for me. Odolwa is pretty entertaining though, and his boss fight feels like one of the least repetitious in Zelda history with all the random things going on (bugs, flames, dancing) although he does have a pattern I think.

What I love about the Majora's Mask bosses as a whole is how they are not done as puzzles which was common in OoT and almost done exclusively in WW and TP. What I mean is all the fights aren't a matter of figuring out how the boss is weak to the dungeon item. I think MM is the last game in the series (at least of the 3d series) in which almost every boss has multiple methods of being fought. Odolwa can be fought in a ton of different ways (especially considering that you can move on to other areas once you get the bow and then fight him with more transformation masks and items) besides just with arrows, bombs, and/or the Deku Mask. Goht can be fought as a Goron or as Link with the bow. I'm not sure about Gyorg besides fighting as a Zora (I haven't been too adventurous with that fight). Twinmold I remember reading can actually be beaten without the Giant's Mask in a very fun challenge (I think you have to have chateau romani, hit the red one with ice arrows and the blue with fire arrows, and not miss many shots). And finally Majora allows for quite a few methods as well.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well MM in my opinion has the best boss fights of any Zelda game ever, but within the game I'd have to say Twinmold. It's the biggest boss you fight in any Zelda game, that's been to some debate before, but when you think about it... Twinmold is freaking huge. What I love about all the boss fights in MM is that unlike every other game, there's no specific set up way to beat them. It's not like "Throw bombs at them to reveal their eye, shoot the eye, hit them a few times, do it again, do it again." I hate that, it's so set up, in MM it's like "Hey here's a giant green warrior thing who's incredibly drunk and has a giant freaking sword, kill him." And that's it. Or with Twinmold, "Hey here's two insanely giant flying insect things, kill them." And there's so many different ways to! It's not set up! That's why MM is the best Zelda game. Well a huge reason.

I have to say Majora's Mask itself is my favourite. You can cheese the boss with the final mask, and yep that's so fun to do. But without that mask the boss is legit hard. A real challenge. I actually thought long and hard about how to beat it maskless.

Odolwa is my favorite, due to the fun nature of the fight and the variety of ways you can use to take him down. Goht is a ton of fun though, and Gyorg is always a challenge. Twinmold is the only one I find kinda boring, and even then there's some satisfaction in being a giant.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Twinmold is my favorite cause they're so huge, you need the Giant's Mask and go big to face them, which makes me think of an old Japanese TV show called Gridman and it's American adaptation, Super Human Samurai Syber Squad. Especially by how the Giant's Mask is designed in MM is kinda similar and reminiscent to the face mask part of Gridman/Servo's helmet. Here are a couple images pointing the similarities:

Giant's Mask:

GiantsMask.jpg

Gridman/Servo's Helmet:

Superhuman_Samurai_Syber-Squad_logo.jpg

Also, in the french version of MM, Twinmold is referred to as "Skorn". Here's an image proving that:

Skorn,_Masque_du_Double_Insecte_G%C3%A9ant.png

In the American adaptation of Gridman, Super Human Samurai Syber Squad, one the mega-virus monsters in the show is called Skorn. Here are few images of Skorn from SHSSS:

10969944_det.jpg

mXi7DYmjw7KsbKlzFxv1wmw.jpg

shsss-vi-monster4.jpg

Could Nintendo have been inspired by Gridman and SHSSS when making the Giant's Mask, Twinmold, and that whole fight all together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom