• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Boss from Ocarina of Time

Funnest Boss to Fight?

• Paracitic Armored Arachnid: Queen Gohma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infernal Dinosaur: King Dodongo

• Bio-Electric Anemone: Barinade

• Evil Spirit from Beyond: Phantom Ganon

• Subterranean Lava Dragon: Volvagia

• Giand Aquatic Ameoba: Morpha

• Phantom Shadow Beast: Bongo Bongo

• Sorceress Sisters: Twinrova

• Great King of Evil: Ganondorf

• Ganon

• Total voters
D

dark-link

my fav was Volvagia, you got to give him a huge migrane, and i just love beating the hell out of things with hammers and im sortof a pyromaniac

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Volvagia has a certain nostalgic feel for me every time I go through the game again. There's something about playing Whack-a-Mole with a giant lava dragon. Plus the first time I was fighting him, he hit me down to one heart so I grabbed my milk, and he was just at the perfect angle when I drank it that Link was just drinking the milk there with Volvagia in the background with his head coming up just to the side of Link's head, and I totally think if you superimposed the words "Got Milk" onto the bottom of the screen it would've been the perfect poster for milk. It was friggin' awesome.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I loved Twinrova so much. Not just because of the battle itself, but the music that played before was just...awesome. Mysterious, interesting and fun. The battle was awesome too. A lot of fun. My favorite battle of the game.

D

Deku Scrub

My favorite was Phantom Ganon, for no real reason, except it was creepy and exciting. I also think the idea of Phantom Ganon was pretty awesome too.

I'd probably change my mind when I play through it again. I haven't played OoT in ages. >_<

C

ChaosBlast

Phantom Ganon and Morpha are tied for the main bosses. Dark Link and maybe Nabooru were the best minibosses.

My favourite fight by far for looks and hardness was Volvagia, I thought it was cool how you learnt a little bit about him as well, Finding out that eats Goron's....etc.

I also think that was the coolest looking of the bosses, I just love Dragon's, If it is Dragon I like it once I see it, Much like that of TP's City in the Sky boss, Argorok (either that or Agrorok, I can't remember which, but overall I don't like him that much), He was an instant favourite boss for a while after I first saw him.

I also find Vovagia to be one of the hardest bosses in this game, I found him harder than Ganon at the very end. Morpha was the next challenge on how strong he was but I got under 1 heart against Volvagia. I kept a couple against Morpha.

The surrondings for Volvagia were also in my opinion much cooler than that of any other bosses surroundings, Only Ganon beats him for that, Even then it is quiet close to the Castle Ruins.

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I had so many favourite bosses from that title, but I think I liked the Gohma battle the most. I absolutely hate spiders, so it's funny that I chose this one. If I get past the idea of it being spider-based, I just loved the reveal of the character, and the epic feeling that everything just got ramped up to a new level in the first 3-D Zelda game.

The dark moody surroundings were suitably creepy, and it was very satisfying to knock it off the ceiling and wail on it's single eye. The music was great as well, causing a very suitable level of frantic feelings.

Sure, it was an easy battle, and sure it was not the biggest of the bosses, but I still remember it the most.

Zarom

The King
I voted for Ganondorf. Because the ''tennis'' game is so cool. And it is such a classic moment! :ganondorf: Twinrova was a reallly great boss too, really fun.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I must admit all of the bosses in OOT are fun to play...

Gohma is a cool, yet very easy boos to fight. I'm kinda tired of fighting her over and over again, because the battle isn't even exciting when you beat her over 5 times...

King Dodongo is another easy boss, but it's a very creative one. I think it was a little hard to figure out how to stun him, but then, it became a piece of cake...

Barinade is an exciting boss fight, you have to run all the time while throwing a boomerang to it's body to stun it. Cool, cool fight :cool:.

Phantom Ganon is a very fun boss fight, yet hard when you fight him for the first time (I must admit I lost around 5 times when the first day I fought him).

Volvagia is a very repetitive fight, a very easy boss, kinda fun, and it also reminds you to the Whack-A-Mole game.

Morpha is a hard boss fight when you first fight him/her (I don't know its sex, if he has one...). I'm glad I beated it on my second try... a great battle, I think I'll never get tired of it.

Bongo Bongo it's a fun battle, especially because you play on a drum. Kinda hard when you only have the 30 arrows quiver (I finished with one arrow! 0_0).

Tiwnrova is a very easy battle,but repetitive, and you kinda get bored when waiting to both sorcerers sisters to throw magic.

Ganon is a piece of cake, not that fun, and it's strange that you can kill a final boss with almost every weapon.

However, GANONDORF is a medium-ish battle (I must admit it's phantom is harder...), and an exciting and fun one. So my vote would go to ganondorf as my favorite boss of OOT.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
My favorite boss has to be Phantom Ganon. I just loved the portrait concept. Then you could get a little of the sphere-countering battle before fighting the real Ganondorf. The Forest Temple was my favorite temple, so my favorite boss is Phantom Ganon.:nod:

I liked Twinrova too. I loved how you could counter their attacks back to them with the mirror shield. The little discussion they have when you beat them is funny.

I prefer Phantom Ganon though, the shooting thing was better for me.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
I really love Bongo Bongo, it was so fun to fight against him. He drums the whole battle and was kind of ''singing'' the whole time. Sometimes he moves his hands to fast, and shooting his eye was the most annoying part for me.

Twinrova was fun too, i like the second half where she's that nice woman. In general the whole reflect system was very nice. I had only problems with the first half, everytime i reflect the other sorcerer is already gone from my screen. But it was a nice battle. Second half was also epic, charging the element 3 times and slay her down.

But the real challenge was Volvagia, Man if he/she hits you with it's fiery breath you lose 3 hearth or maybe more. I talk about the beginning with Volvagia, now i have trick to beat it. It was fun hammering it on it's head. If it hit me i was nearly death, i did like 20 times maybe. The holes where sometimes really confusing, it change from hole to hole 5 times if it's nearly down. I love this Dragon, but in general i really love Dragons. Volvagia was in the past a great challenge, now all the bosses are really simple.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I was suprised at how hard it was for me to decide on my favorite boos from OoT. :P
However, after much thought, I have decided that Bongo-Bongo is my favorite boss from OoT.

First of all I like the environment you fight him in, a giant drum surounded by a sea of acid. It is a very weird boss room, when I had first fallen into the room I had imediately thought of the scene in The Nightmare Before Christmas where Jack fights the Oogie Boogie Man.
Of course, after seeing giant hands beating on the drum this image vanished, but I still see subtle similarities between Oogie's Lair and this boss room, probobly because both rooms were just plain weird in their design. :P

As for the actual boss battle, it has always been the most difficult boss fight in the game for me. I relish this difficulty though, because after replaying OoT a few times this is the only boss than can still be fatal for me.

I also think that this fight was just plain cool. After all what could be cooler than fighting a giant invisible shadow creature, while standing on a giant drum, while it's playing the drum? :nerd:

B

Bongo_Bongo

Gohma was way too easy...
Dodongo's attack patterns seriously predictable...
Barinade's erratic movments too frustrating...
Phantom Ganon reminded me of art class...
Volvagia seemed like a Whak-A-Mole game...
Morpha was a big, blue chuchu
Koume and Kotake were overrated...
Ganondorf was a disapointment...

BONGO BONGO FOR THE WIN! I love his commitment. As soon as he was freed from the well, his first move was to speed off to his temple. He toys with you the whole fight by keeping a steady beat most of the time. He was constantly consuming magic thanks to the Lens of Truth. There are other reasons, but I dislike wasting time. Even the time it took you to read this could've been spent trying to make it through the Shadow Temple without using the lense of truth...

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
My favorite boss would have to be Twinrova. There are several reasons, but I have to admit that part of it is finally getting to fight the witches you see in the game's intro movie.

Also, it's one of the best uses of the Mirror Shield I've ever seen in a Zelda game. In LttP, it just blocked lasers. In WW, it was only really used to reflect Light Arrows, but that wasn't as impressive. I don't think it's even used in later games. :(

Finally, I suppose I enjoy the two-phase fight. I know Ganon has two phases as well, but his don't flow together quite as well. Later games overdo it with the 4-6 phase fights, and earlier titles tended to only have one phase. This is one of the things that Ocarina got right.

Anyway, here's the list in order of preference:

1. Twinrova

2. Ganondorf

3. Barinade

4. Phantom Ganon

5. Gohma

6. Bongo Bongo

7. Ganon

8. Volvagia

9. Morpha

Ikana

Trollkastel
I have to go with twinrova I love that boss.I always found it fun but not challenging but its still my favorite and she is in my favorite temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom