• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Books

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
tell me how it ends. I have been starting to read less because whenever I finish a book I have to write a report on it.

Claire

The Geekette
The thing is, people who know less about Obama than you do still vote for him. They don't squat, but they think he's the best thing since long underwear. They care that he's a liar, or that he feels we should kill babies that survive an abortion, the list goes on.

Curious, but can you supply a source for your statement concerning abortion where it was stated by Barack Obama himself? I am unsure how credible your remark truly is, seeing he voted against a bill - when there was already protection for infants in his state. There was a Republican senator - and even he rejected the bill. Does that mean he is for infanticide too?

Also, has anyone here read The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne? I have seen this book countless times, and it is now one of the top 10 most popular books of 2008.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Curious, but can you supply a source for your statement concerning abortion where it was stated by Barack Obama himself? I am unsure how credible your remark truly is, seeing he voted against a bill - when there was already protection for infants in his state. There was a Republican senator - and even he rejected the bill. Does that mean he is for infanticide too?

Also, has anyone here read The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne? I have seen this book countless times, and it is now one of the top 10 most popular books of 2008.

I didn't mean to post that. I was quoting Linkman, thought I copied the post, but didn't. So when I pasted it and posted, it came out like that. :hmm: It was meant for another topic, but I didn't post it there because I don't know how to find the source of my statement. I read about it a while back. Sorry about that.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
My favorites:
Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, Silmarillion, etc.
Narnia books
Wheel of Time series
All of Ted Dekker's novels
A young adult fiction author's older stuff - Gordon Korman
Karen Hancock's Legend of the Guardian King series.

Those are my alltime favorites.

N

Nian Kast

There's a lot, although, one of the best I've read so far would be Finber's Bane by Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb. Then there's things like:

-The Starlight and Shadows trilogy, by Elaine Cunningham
-Pretty much everything by R.A. Salvatore (especially the Drizzt series)
-George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones
-Robert Hugh Benson's Lord of the World
-The Moonshae Trilogy by Douglas Niles
-I'll go with LotR because i enjoyed reading it, i wouldn't call myself a fanatic though
-The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
-Pretty much everything by T. Pratchett, The light Fantastic would be one of my favorites though
-The entire Avatar series, or the Time of Troubles, whatever you want to call it, it has different authors, but Scott Ciencin's Shadowdale was one of the best books ever
-Some stuff from Ed Greenwood, Silverfall to name one
-The Erevis Cale trilogy by Paul S. Kemp, i read those at least three times
-I recently read some stuff from Lois McMaster Bujold, Mirror Dance fascinated me since i usually don't read Sci-Fi, i plan on reading some more stuff from her
-I'm gonna be cliche and go with Oscar Wilde's De Profundis, i used to carry a copy of it almost everywhere, that and The Picture of Dorian Gray
-The Fionavar Tapestry from Guy Gavriel Kay was awesome, i'm planning on reading through it again

Those are all that i could think of for now, there's some more, but they don't hold as much importance to me as these do, i might update this if i think of something more.

So many so many.

LotRs and the Hobbit- Tolkien
"IT"-Steven King
Cujo-King
Carrie-King
Dark Tower books-King
Jurassic Park and Lost World- Michel Crichton
The Andromeda Strain-Michel Crichton
Sphere- Michel Crichton
The Infero-Dante
Frakenstein-Mary Shelly
Beowulf-Anon
War Of the Worlds H. G. Wells
20,000 legause under the sea- Verne
Hucklberry Fin and Tom Soyer- twain
Ian Flemmings Bond Books

thats all i can think of at the moment.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Oh, I have a lot of great books, but really, nothing beats Stephen King or H.P. Lovecraft. Both those are geniouses. 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, Cthulu... some of my absolute favourites.

I like a lot of Stephen King, Michael Crichton (RIP), Dean Koontz, JRR Tolkien, JK Rowling, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis, Edgar Allan Poe, and some John Grisham.

October Sky (Rocket Boys) by Homer Hickam is a good book, as well as The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. Greggory Maguire books are also pretty decent, yeah i'll admit it, I read Wicked, but i'm keeping my man-card.

One of my favorite books of all time though is "The Devil in the White City" by Eric Larson. It is a book about a murderer H.H. Holmes and also about the Chicago World's Fair, and he combines the two stories really well into one book. He had two other books as well, one of which I have read, Thunderstruck, and I also felt it was a very good book.

I am currently, and have been reading for quite some time "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" Very interesting to see how Hitler rose to be the Chancellor of Germany, I am currently to the point where he is planning to invade Austria. The book is 1200 pages and is a very very slow read.

The next book I read will be Prodigal Genius, which is a book about Nikola Tesla who has always been a sort of hero of mine, so I look forward to that.

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
I'm a new person in reading books. I mostly read manga.
The books i like to read are...
-Twilight
-Vampire Acadamy
Everything else is manga!

Kybyrian

So I actually picked up Brisingr. So far it's been a spectacular book. Just adding to my list of favorite books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom