• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Books

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
I just recently finished Randy Alcorn's Deadline, and it has probably got to be my favorite book ever. I think I liked it even more than Ted Dekker's Blessed Child and A Man Called Blessed.

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
I used to love reading when I was younger, but when I got older I despised reading. I never understood why people liked about reading. When I was in 5th grade I picked up a book series and it had cats (one of my favorite animals) and so I proceeded to read a few chapters. It was really good, I found out I read "The New prophecy: Midnight" and they had another series. I read the first series and understood how whatever happened in Midnight came to be. I conitued to read and now I have my own favorite characters, one for sure is Jayfeather. The way Erin Hunter writes about his feelings totally fits him. The verbs she chooses describes him so much on his attitude. Easily irritated, mysterious & I guess he prefers to be a lone wolf throughout the Power of Three.

I am also a fan of the Zelda mangas and it has it own unique twists. I read the another book called "The Shwa was Here". Wonderful novel. Basically a kid named Calvin is "invisible" and he is often upset why no one can actually get to know him. He meets up with a boy, the main character, Antsy and he tries to help him what happened to his mother and his dad really makes me want to punch him. His father doesn't remember he has a son and forgets to feed him so Calvin usually feeds himself half the time. Sometimes his dad remembers. It's a depressing story to find out what Calvin goes through.

G

Gon-Gorooon

1984 is an intriguing story. I really liked it...in a dark kind of way. I guess "enjoyed" is not a good word for such a story. It was a really good read, though.

1984 is a good read, but George Orwell's Animal Farm is far better. I also like Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I recently started to read the Dresden Files series, and I really like them. They're about a wizard for hire who deals with the supernatural cases that the police get, and he goes around solving cases and kicking arse with uber magics. I read the first three in a week, and I'm going to try to get on the other books that I'm only half sure exist. =P I recommend them to anyone looking for a good read; wizardy or non-wizardy.

I also read Forrest Gump in my English class, and that was an awesome book as well. Go read it now. Along with the Dresden Files.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Im recently read Warcraft series novels.
- The Last Guardian
- Tides of Darkness
- Beyond The Dark Portal
- Rise of The Horde
- Of The Blood and Honor
- Cycle of Hatred
- Day of The Dragon
- Night of The Dragon
- War of The Ancient 1 : Well of Eternity
- War of The Ancient 2 : The Demon Soul
- War of The Ancient 3 : The Sundering
- Lord of The Clan

P

PixelSmile

Your all going to be like GAAAH when i say this, however its the Twilight Sega for me. Ever since twilight the film, i begun to read the books. However the books aren't very well wrote i don't think. They get boring because the books aren't written as well.
I read one of the series of unfortunant events years ago in primary school..
I'm usually a auto biography kinda girl though :)

Tom

Hmm, most of them are not international literature:
Angus;
Stella Car's collection;
" Il visconte dimezzato" and "Il barone rampante".

Last edited:

Linky

King of Twilight
1. CIRQUE DU FREAK best series ever (whole series)
2. Pendragon AWESOME (whole series)
3. Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series)
4. The last apprentice (series)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
1. Till We Have Faces - C.S. Lewis
2. Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis
3. Lord of the Rings/Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
4. Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carrol
5. Through the Looking-Glass - Lewis Carrol
6. The Iliad & The Odyssey - Homer
7. The Aeneid - Virgil
8. Legends of King Arthur - Various Sources
9. The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide - Douglas Adams
10. Psychological Types - C.G. Jung

Last edited:

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Lessee.....
Well, the entirety of the terry pratchett discworld books so far,
The last apprentice series,
Percy Jackson and the Olympians series,
LOTR/ the hobbitt
Mouse Guard graphic novel
Redwall(childish, i Know)
The Septimus Heap series is rather charming,
Any far side books (not technically high literature, but you can't beat it for randomness....),
and there's more, but I can't think of them off of the top of my head.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I love reading but I haven't caught up on it lately.I'm the guy who likes reading mystery's type books one that I read had a dog who his owner is a detective and the dog told the story.It may sound like a little kids book but no its not it does have some bad language in it.I wish I had the money to get his new book but oh well.

T

Twilight_Link10

Well I am currently reading The Hobbit and so far I like it more than a lot of the other books iv read (and iv read a lot) as for others go here thay are:

Deltora Quest series
The Key to Rondo series
The Andy Griffiths "Just" series
and
Spiderwick Chronicles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom