• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Books

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
My favorite books:
Zelda Manga series
Halo series
Harry Potter series
Star Wars Republic Commandos series
Artemis Fowl series

I haven't completed the last two series yet but I want to soon!

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
My favorite books:
Zelda Manga series
Halo series
Harry Potter series
Star Wars Republic Commandos series
Artemis Fowl series

I haven't completed the last two series yet but I want to soon!

DKiller (I didn't want to call you DK, lol), the Star Wars books that take place after Return of the Jedi are the best. I've never read them myself, but they were my brother's favorite books ever (and he's read a LOT of books) until he read the Sword of Truth books (which are supposedly even better).

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
DKiller (I didn't want to call you DK, lol), the Star Wars books that take place after Return of the Jedi are the best. I've never read them myself, but they were my brother's favorite books ever (and he's read a LOT of books) until he read the Sword of Truth books (which are supposedly even better).

The Sword of Truth series is fantastic! I have only read through book 7, but I do plan on reading the rest of the series soon.

Let's see...

-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
-Harry Potter :)
-Eye of the Dragon
-Anthem by Ann Rand
-A Lesson Before Dying
-Araby (It's a short story, but I like it)
-Maximum Ride

S

Sage of Wind

My favourite books are the Darren Shan Saga and the Demonata Saga

Hmmm, I think one of my favorite books is(are?) The Time Travelers Wife, When the movie came out and was said to be based on a novel by Audrey Niffenegger I decided i wanted to read the novel first, It was amazing. So much better than the movie, If you haven't seen the movie, i reccomend reading the book first. It has so much detail that was left out in the movie, lots of missing information and a totally different ending.

(I was actually watching it a the movies, and when it ended I literally shouted "That's not how it ends!" Good thing there was only about 10 people :P)

I also enjoy books by Tess Gerritsen, she writes mainly medical/crime thrillers. Another talented Auther, My favorite of hers i think is...Gravity.

Again, i reccomend it :) Though I wasn't really impressed with the ending. =/

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
My favourite books are the Darren Shan Saga and the Demonata Saga

I borrowed the first Darren Shan trilogy (the title of the book says freakshow trilogy) and I really like it. I almost finished the first story and I constantly want to read it again eventhough I have to study for an exam.

I also added Eldest in my most boring book lists. It is just a lot of political talk and almost no adventures, even the elves are boring with all their stupid rules >.>

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, I've been reading a little bit more now. I still enjoy Jules Verne books, but I haven't read them in quite a while. However, there's one book I've really been liking currently. That book would be Flowers for Algernon. Its an awesome story about how a mentally challenged adult is given a second chance with a brain operation, and his world drastically changes with his understanding of things. However, with that, people think differently of him as well.

A few other reads I've found interesting were Alas, Babylon, several selections from Edgar Allan Poe, such as The Cask of Amontillado, The Fall of the House of Usher, and a few others. One book I also found nice was The Alchemist. Now, feel free to compare this post to the post I made around this time last year, in which I only enjoyed the works of Jules Verne.

H

Hero of Limes

Let me see:
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Harry Potter
Life of Pi
War of the Worlds
Lord of the Rings
Alas Babylon
The Graveyard Book
To Kill a Mockingbird
Jurassic Park

>.> Well those aren't all of my favorite books. Some of those are just ones I've read recently. That list could go on forever! :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy most books written by Shusaku Endo, Harry Potter books are pretty basic and all around fun reading as well, Stephen King and H.P.Lovecraft are fantastic horror writers if you enjoy such reading.

Top 3 books i read in 2009
3. Coraline written by Neil Gaiman
Coraline kids film just came out this year! It's pretty good too. I really recommend checking it out sometime

2. Solaris written by Stanislaw Lew
There is film made in 2002 and starring George Clooney, but I really recommend reading this book before watching the film

1. Silence written by Shusaku Endo
Wonderful reading! Definetily one of my all time favorites.

H

Hyrule Citizen

The Lord of the Rings (Entire Series...Great!)
All the Redwall books (Awesome!!!)
A Series of Unfortunate Events (Great Books...So many Questions...)
The Left Behind serise (Huge series...Huge books...One message...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom