• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite book genres

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
What are your favorite book genres? I personally like fiction best, fantasy, ghost mysteries, and books with lots of emotion in it. Also books where at least one character dies in it. (It makes the book WAY more attached to you once someone you like dies in it, and that makes a REALLY good book)

One of my favorite books are Warrior Cats, because they have all those in one. There are fantasy, spirit cats, mysteries, and lots of action, and emotion. And everyone age can enjoy them.

What are your favorite book genres?

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
A good friend of mine loves the "warrior cats" series so much she has purchased all of them in glorious hardcover and has re-read them all at least twice. I hear they're pretty good!

As for me, I've always loved my books to be about 95% adventure, action, or intrigue, and <5% romance. I like worldbuilding, long plotlines with subtle foreshadowing, and epic action scenes, giving you reasons to go back through and re-read for all the things you may have missed. Obviously high fantasy really hits all those notes, so well-known franchises like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter are right up my alley.

On a slightly less well-known note, has anyone here "red" Redwall?

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
A good friend of mine loves the "warrior cats" series so much she has purchased all of them in glorious hardcover and has re-read them all at least twice. I hear they're pretty good!

As for me, I've always loved my books to be about 95% adventure, action, or intrigue, and <5% romance. I like worldbuilding, long plotlines with subtle foreshadowing, and epic action scenes, giving you reasons to go back through and re-read for all the things you may have missed. Obviously high fantasy really hits all those notes, so well-known franchises like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter are right up my alley.

On a slightly less well-known note, has anyone here red Redwall?

Warrior cats are really good!

I have four redwall books, and I have read three.

Outcast of Redwall,

Redwall,

And Salamandastron

I love Redwall! The author is really good at writing

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Warrior cats are really good!

I have four redwall books, and I have read three.

Outcast of Redwall,

Redwall,

And Salamandastron

I love Redwall! The author is really good at writing

Awesome! Yeah they have a way with words to be sure. I love the contrast between quiet moments and big setpieces. You can almost feel the sweat and stress of the redwall inhabitants when they are under siege, for instance. I highly recommend reading the 4th one, when you get a chance!

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i liked what i read of warrior cats i'll probably read more of it eventually

i like books that make me think and feel things but i guess thats not much of a genre

fiction over non-fiction probably

maybe interesting sci-fi/fantasy short stories?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Sci fi/fanasty with a hint of romance, bit of chick lit...one of my annoyances with one series is she wont complete the series properly cuz she got all the prophecies to say it will happen at the millennium but were well into the millennium and she aint finished it....

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i like stories that feature groundhog-day style time loops

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom