• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Best Controller

Best/ Favorite Controller

• Classic Nintendo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitendo 64

• Gamecube

• Wii Mote and/or Nunchuck

• PS1

• PS2 and/or PS3

• X-box and/or 360

• A handheld

• A controller I didn't say

• Combination

• Total voters

Kybyrian

I happen to really like the Xbox 360 controllers. I constantly hear people saying things like the Xbox 360 controllers are too big, but I disagree. I think they have a rather nice design, especially the new silver ones, which may or may not be released yet, and are a perfect size. I suppose I may have big hands, though. I play first person shooters like Call of Duty a lot on the Xbox 360, so the trigger design is really nice. I find it a lot better than the L and R buttons on the Playstation 3. The bumpers are also quite nice, too. They're a bit different from the L1 and R1 on Playstation controllers. The Wii Remote is okay, I suppose, but it's not really one of the best. I don't have a huge preference when it comes to controllers, but Xbox 360 prevails over the others. The Wii Remote has a good design and all, but I don't think anything too special of it.

Shnappy

derp
For the games on the console, I've always felt that the Gamecube controller was a masterpiece. An easy to use analog stick, uniquely placed but very easy to use buttons, and great triggers. Now, the Gamecube controller isn't good for FPS (such as Metroid Prime), but for everything else, it's pretty much a fantastic controller to use.

However, for this generation, the PS3 controller is easily the best. It's extremely durable (unlike the Gamecube controller). I also like the triggers much better than those of the Xbox 360; my fingers tend to sort of flail on those, but the PS3's triggers don't go down as much, are easier to push faster, and wider, making them much easier for me to push. For some gamers, the whole/triangle/circle/square/X deal can be confusing, but they're exactly the same as the Xbox 360. X is like A, circle is like B, square is like X, and triangle is Y. It does kind of seem deliberately confusing, but it's surprisingly easy to get used to. The start/select buttons are also easier to use. However, I will admit that the Wii's controller is better than Playstation Move; those things look like freakin' ice cream cones.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I think I would have to go with 2 controllers. The Classic NES controller is by far my favorite because of its classic design and it was easy to use and simple. Second I would have to say the gamecube controller, sure it wasn't great for FPS games but it was great for almost everything else.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
i like my psp because I can use it to play psp, ps1, n64, sega, gba, gbc, snes, nes and more on the go. It may not be the most comfortable controller like a GCN controller but I can also hook it up to my laptop and play emulators with it. it's actually really convenient how many platforms you can play with just one handheld. I think everyone should buy a first gen psp and then get it hacked, it's cheap and you get to play just about every old school game out there.

oot on psp.jpg

(note: OoT doen't run perfectly on psp, the emulator daedalus is a little slow and alot of textures are wrong or missing but you can still beat the entire game. N64 on the psp is still a works in progress but ps1 and everything else runs just fine)

Last edited:

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
I <3 the gamecube controller. not only is it good for illegal street racing in NFS carbon, but for pwning your friends in super smash bros. melee or brawl. i love the fact that it plugs into the wii. and when your playing Super smash, you can never forget about your most reliable C-stick. its way easier to use one the wii when your playing games like super smash and NFS. it also pwns for zelda too.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think the GCN controller is the best. I liked the places of two analogue sticks, the D-pad, and the Z button. The Wiimote just seemed a step down. Was there really a reason to change Start and Select into + and -, and X and Y into 1 and 2? No, obviously there wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom