• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Anime?

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Anime, something you either love or hate.

What's your favorite anime, and why?

How did you find that anime?

How many times have you watched it?

My favorite anime has to be a tie for Clannad and Clannad: After Story. Now of course I won't spoil, but why it's my favorite is because:
1 - I relate to Tomoya
2 - It's just good. Go watch it now :cool:

I've only watched it once, but I plan to rewatch in the future.

QcFQOVmY_o.png

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Naruto and here is why:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Naruto. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Sasuke's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volyaliterature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Naruto truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Naruto's existencial catchphrase "Believe it!" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Masashi Kishimoto's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Naruto tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Clannad, probably, although Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is up there also

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I have yet to find another anime that manages to create such an epic, solid story. Everything about it is simply fantastic.

The original is the first anime I had ever seen, but I don’t think that gives me bias.

I’m also pretty sure I chose FMA first because somebody mentioned Alphonse in the RP section here once. So I figured why not?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Fate/Zero for its unforgettable cast, fast-paced action, stellar soundtrack, immaculate plot twists, and overall high production values. It's da best.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My Hero Academia is my current favorite. A great narrative, fantastic characters, interesting powers, phenomenal music, just everything about it. Plus Izuku and Ochako make my favorite pairing out of anything ever; their mutual trust in each other and support of each other is just such a great treat to see, especially in an anime of all things. I absolutely adore their relationship dynamic. I can't get enough of this series.

Reactions: Doc

Ninja

Well well well
My vote goes for the entire DragonBall series as a whole and it's a damn shame that they're going on a hiatus at the end of the month.

It's a nostalgic anime for me and its actually one of the reasons how I met my first love. A common interest in the series and it grew from there. Additionally, I love the actions, the characters, transformations, and trials that they all overcome.

I've gone through the entire series about 10 or so times now and it's still as entertaining as ever, not to mention it's spawned many fun video games as well.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
My favorite anime is Kaiba.

Directed by Masaaki Yuasa (Ping Pong, Tatami Galaxy, Mind Game, Devilman Crybaby), Kaiba is a 12 episode glimpse into the adventure of a man with a hole in his chest who finds himself without any memories in a world where memories can be transferred into chips, allowing people to change between bodies by putting their chip into another body. The only clue he has to his past is a locket with a blurry picture of a girl in it.

xipEtEH.png

The setting is rich and the show does a good job of episodically exploring it before shifting the focus towards answering the questions that have been building throughout the show.

The show isn't perfect, and I don't imagine many people would assign as high of praise to this show as I do, but for me it was a perfect storm of doing so many things right that I couldn't help but fall in love with it. The art style might turn some off, but I really respect them being bold enough to make a show with a unique style and ideas and substance to it.

Pen

The game is on!
For me it's a three way tie between Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Steins;Gate and Attack on Titan.

I don't remember when I first heard of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood but I had known about it and been pretty interested in watching it for a while before I ended up seeing it in 2014. One among the many things I love about this anime is its wide cast of characters who all have their unique story arcs that they go through in a very logical way throughout the show. Even some of the villains are relatable characters and that's a big plus in my book. I've watched it twice.

Not a very long time after I'd finished watching FMAB a friend of mine recommended Steins;Gate to me. He knows his anime so I took his advice and started watching it rather blindly, not really knowing what was getting myself into. But man was I positively surprised. This anime blew me away with its beautiful story and its relatively small cast of only well developed characters that made the show feel personal in a way, and I've never felt as much for a character as I did for Okarin here. I've watched it four times all in all.

In early 2015 it was really starting to get hard to avoid hearing about Attack on Titan for anyone who's into anime, so I decided to give it a go. After I had finished the first episode I remember wanting to watch the next episode right away, but I seriously had to take a breather for a few minutes just to process what I'd just seen. And man, this show just keeps on delivering one super intense situation after the other. Something I adore about it is how it deals with people's reactions in dire situations and I think that's both thrilling and very interesting, especially with characters as diverse as in this anime. I've watched season 1 at least three times and season 2 twice. I'm all caught up in the manga, which is currently about twice as far into the story than the anime, and I cannot wait to see the future events animated with AoT's gorgeous art style and animation.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't watch a lot of anime, but I enjoy Baka and Test a lot. Also, while I haven't seen the show, I loved the Death Note manga, and I've heard that the show is just as good.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
My favorite Anime is Sailor Moon, I discovered it the summer before 2nd grade when my best friend brought some VHS tapes of season 3 from Blockbusters to my house and we both became obsessed in that same afternoon. I have seen every episode in both languages at least 4 times if not more. I have also watch every episode of the remake Sailor Moon Crystal once.

Honorable mentions: Pokemon, Pretty Cure, Ojamajo Doremi, Fruits Basket and Cardcaptor Sakura.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't really seen a huge amount of anime and don't have a great deal of time to sit down and watch it but I really enjoy Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia. There is no way I'll commit to watch something that goes for hundreds of episodes and I don't see myself moving too far away from mainstream stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom