• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are some of your favourite anime openings?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Do OVA openings count? Y'all know I simp hard for the plant apocalypse opening of Origin

Idk what anime this is, but it looks dope.

Ok for me.

I'm not going to link them all, but any Linked Horizon opening for Attack on Titan is awesome and I can't skip.

The opening for season 2 of Death Note goes so hard, the animation is perfect for the song too.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I don't skip openings in general. Or EDs for that matter. I know many people skip them when binge-watching, but I usually let them play because I love the music/animation. Openings really hype up the episode and get me into the mood for watching. Plus outros usually tie all the things I just watched together, and give me time to reflect on it.

Anyway, here's a few of my favorites:

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) OP 3:

All fullmetal alchemist intros are awesome, but this one really sticks out to me. I love how the singer suddenly shifts to a minor note in the middle of the song and completely changes the atmosphere for a few seconds. Also I loved all the shots with ed in it. <3 It was a tough choice since the first intro is super good too, but I think this one is slightly better.

Death Note OP 1:

First off, Nightmare is an awesome band. I fell in love with this song as soon as I heard it. This intro led me to exploring more of their music and finding different visual kei artists. The biblical references throughout the intro interesting. Light facing L portrays their interactions perfectly. And it sets the tone for the episode really well (not so much the second intro lol)

The Promised Neverland OP:

I absolutely love the use of the saxophone. It gives the band a unique twist.

Given OP:

This intro makes me feel so many emotions, especially after finishing it. Mafuyu is precious, and seeing him hurting makes my heart sink. I also feel really nostalgic for some reason. The song gives me chills.

Seconding the person who mentioned Cowboy Bebop. That series has an overal incredible soundtrack and the OP is a great representation of that.

Aside from that, I'm rather fond of all the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5DS OPs, but I think my favorite among them is OP 4.

I also really like the OP for the 2017 remake of Kino's Journey, it's just super pretty and feels like it fits the series really nicely.

Some of my favorite anime openings (most of those animes are Japanese animes that were translated to english)...

Digimon Tamers (season 3) (1):

Digimon Data Squad (season 5) (1):

Inuyasha:

Candy Candy:

Rainbow Brite (the originals from the 80s, NOT the awful reboot)`:

The Raccoons:

(1) (Concerning Digimon: Season 3 is my #1 top favorite season, it had the best plot and story arc and character arc and I love the Beelzemon's redemption arc (a fallen angel who atoned for his past wrongs and helped save the world). Season 5 is my second favorite season, season 5 had much older protags, the protags are in their late teens instead of being children and they're like 15-16 years old instead of 9-10 years old, which is refreshing, it also has darker and more mature themes especially towards the end of the season. Season 5 too had a great plot, story arc arc character arc. My third favorite season is season 4 which I think also had a good plot and story arc and it was a new and interesting concept to see them become part Digimon themselves through fusion instead of having Digimon partners. My fourth favorite season is season 2 which had a good plot, story arc and character arc and I love the Ken redemption arc. My fifth favorite season is season 1, and while season 1 had a good plot, story arc, and character arc, the subsequent seasons were better. So this is my top 5, in this order; 3, 5, 4, 2, 1. My favorite Digimon are Renamon, Gaomon, and Gatomon.)

My favorites tend to change quite a lot. Currently my favorites are The Rumbling (AOT Season 4 part 2) and Kick Back (Chainsaw Man)

Realize and Long Shot from Re:Zero for me. And some of the MHA openings. And the Haikyuu ones, all of them.

DivineDragoness

Bombergirl Xtreme
Oooooh here's my all time favorites:

Definitely not the most popular Pokémon opening ever, but it was the first part of the anime I ever watched week to week, so I love it:

OG Sailor Moon was way before my time but my mom loved watching it with me so it's a soft spot:

Also a personal favorite from the last season of Highschool DxD (don't worry, no naughty bits in this one that would get me in trouble unlike the other seasons lmao):

My top 3

1- Bleach Op 13 - Ranbu no Melody by SID
2- Gintama Op 21 - I Wanna Be by SPYAIR
3- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Op 4 - Period by Chemistry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom