• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Alcoholic Beverages?

Ninja

Well well well
For those of us that are of age, after a tough day, out with friends, or just because, what’s the first drink that comes to mind when it’s time for you to order?

Beer - Newcastle, the smoothest beer that doesn’t give me the Asian glow.

Liquor - Whiskey, most usually Crown Royal or JW Black.

Cocktail - Mimosas of any kind. Dirt cheap and quick to get me tipsy.

How about you guys? What do you like to drink?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Second the Crown Royal. Whiskey is my drink of choice if I'm going for hard liquor, and Crown is my personal preferred brand of it.

Aside from that, I enjoy Vodka, especially vodka based beverages like screwdrivers, but I can also drink it straight. Smirnoff Ice is probably what I drink the most often, but I like most coolers really.

I also get the occasional 6-pack of beer. In terms of brands, I typically go for the domestic brew. Canadian beers are really good, but there are some imports that I get on occasion. Budweiser is a classic that I enjoy, but my personal favourite brands are Alexander Keith's and Kokanee, both of which are Canadian brands.

I like some wines, but unfortunately I havent had very many. Red wine is good, as is white wine, but I had one that I just didnt like at all one time.

When it comes to shots, i enjoy jager bombs, but I usually just take tequila shots. Though I did once get sour Jack's, which was Sour Puss mixed with Jack Daniel's, and it was very good.

In terms of cocktails and highballs, I don't get them very often. Rum & Coke is my go-to, but i also enjoy Margaritas and Pina Coladas.

I don't drink very often, but I like the occasional alcoholic beverage, especially after stressful situations.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm not a big drinker normally. But when I do drink I tend to go for spirits. Whiskey is the best particularly Makers Mark bourbon.

I also like a nice strong cocktail such as a Martini or Manhattan. I trained in cocktail bartending so I could make loads of different cocktails myself. Never actually worked in a bar.

G&T's are tasty also. Got to have a slice of lime. I die a little when I see people use lemon.

Not really a fan of beer but Guinness is pretty good.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I forget the brand, but I always get either Whiskey or a hard cherry cola, in fact I drank some while recording DDLC for the second time.

Baileys
White Russians
Vodka
Jack Daniels whiskey
Sambucca
Apple sours

All of which i can drink large amounts of straight and be fine and have no hangover.

Anything else such as lager, beer and cider puts me into a sleepy state and then coma, then I wake up and be sick

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I love me some Dos Equis and Fireball. I drink that **** like it's water 99% of the time. Modelo is also one of my go-tos. I don't mind Budweiser when it comes to beer as well because it's cheap. Honey Jack and coke is really good. I like having Kraken or Capetian Morgan and coke as well. I have only been 21 for 2 months though so I am still experimenting and seeing what I enjoy.

Edit: I have been to a bar once and they sold frozen daiquiris and the ones I had were pretty good too

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I tend to drink vodka or gin for spirits. I don't 'like' vodka per se but it agrees with me when I drink it, with no negative drunken effects. My preferred brand would probably be Grey Goose but since I'm not a damn millionaire, I will settle for Absolute or Smirnoff.
I really enjoy gin, but don't have much of a brand preference. To me they all taste pretty much the same. I'll say I like Bombay Sapphire because I like the blue bottle lol. I do like rum but I rarely ever drink it these days. Whiskey is a big no no in excess because it turns me angry for some reason, but I do like the odd Jack Daniels or Johnny Walker on occasion.

I like wine. I've always enjoyed white wine, preferably a medium dry. I can't stand any white wine that is too sweet. For the same reason, I don't drink rose anymore. I like red wine though and have recently started to enjoy it more often. Some champagnes are alright. I hate prosecco.

For beer I like Budweiser, Kroenenburg 1664 and Peroni the best. I don't mind Heineken, Hop House 13, San Miguel or Carlsberg/Carlsberg Export. Carling is also alright. I draw the line at Becks, Stella Artois and Fosters though. They're like cat pee to me. I like cider sometimes too. I like Strongbow Dark Fruit, all the Koppaberg and Rekordalig flavours, and the passionfruit flavour Old Mout. The kiwi one's not bad either.

I'm not really a cocktail lass. If I do order a cocktail it'll be a Godfather, which is just JD, amaretto and coke. If I'm on holiday I might grab a tequila sunrise, but that's about my limit. In my opinion cocktails are way overrated, and overpriced. I'd never buy all the different drinks you have to buy to make more than one type of cocktail. I have a friend who's into that but it's not for me. I work in a pub and I hate making them. Long island ice tea is the worst. Five types of alcohol with specific measurements when it's busy? Get lost. Order a beer and hush.

If I do a raw ass shot of something, it'll probably be vodka, fireball or jager. I don't do straight tequila. Sambuca is poison. Goldslager is too expensive. I do not touch 'bombs' of any kind. The combination of alcohol and energy drink makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

Malibu should be illegal.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
G&T's are tasty also. Got to have a slice of lime. I die a little when I see people use lemon.

Sorry to double post but it depends on the type of gin. Some dryer gins are best tempered with lemon rather than lime. Some are better cooled down by cucumber. It depends on the distillation of the gin, before you even get close to sticking fruit in the glass. Also, gin is versatile enough that you can mix it with berries too, or some edible flowers like violets. Don't die inside, just kill off your own snobbery.

Skip

Site Staff
I love whiskey or bourbon straight or on the rocks. Been drinking Clyde Mayes recently. If I'm out my go-to is Makers Mark.
Red wine is my other choice and it's fun to try different recommendations or score a sale, but I refuse to drink wine out of a box.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Wow, this thread makes a PNW boy feel like Sinatra at stoner karaoke. I'm a fan of dark beers in general, not so much schwartzbiers or dark ales but porters and stouts. Preferably, a mellow porter with coffee notes or sometimes chocolate or an imperial stout. The ideal dark beer is a Russian imperial oatmeal stout barrel aged in whiskey, rye, or rum barrels.

I'm also a fan of a good Belgian quad, wit, braggot, raddler, or strong ale. Above all, however, give me an English Barleywine. Couple of barleywines to try, Angel's Share by Lost Abbey, Old Numbskull by Alesmith, Helldorado by Firestone Walker. Speaking of Firestone Walker, the Stickee Monkee is a fantastic Belgian quad. I first had it on tap and it was incredible, weirdly enough, it was slightly less impressive from the bottle but still one of the best quads out there.

Anyone ever wants to talk beer, I'm down for discussion.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm a big fan of Smirnoff Ice and Mike's Hard (and Harder) Lemonade. I've never been able to tolerate alcohol that doesn't taste good, so I've always steered towards light stuff. I'm also a fan of hard sodas and Coney Island Root Beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom