• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fate/ZD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You see, this stemmed from me misinterpreting the meaning of "fine". I thought it meant he was fine with lynching Rag, not that he wasn't scumreading Rag anymore. So the original intent was to get him to express his opinion on why it a rag vote was fine, and backfired because I'm apparently dumb. Then I felt obligated to keep up my part of the bargain and see what happens.
Idk if I buy this explanation, you seemed aware that him being fine with Rag meant that he wasn't scum reading her, wanted him to elaborate on that, and in exchange you'd tell him who to vote and why. Otherwise you're saying you thought he meant he was fine with vote Rag, yet he doesn't know who to vote for and wants suggestions on who to vote for - info that is pointless to give if you believed he was saying he wanted to vote Rag.

Granted, misinterpretations can happen, I just don't know if your write off of it as so is true.

If you note, the condition was that he explain his own thoughts before receiving anything else. I fully understand that information is a two way street and sought to capitalize on it.

Ah. I understand much better now. I misread what "being fine with" meant in this case, and so I'm glad you clarified.
That said, I am still sitting on Rag. Having not played with them much, I don't have solid meta reads, but I have seen them play better before and thought they could do better. Now, I did recieve a response saying they were not able to get into the game as much as they had wished, which does make a certain amount of sense, but can also be a copout.
My second choice would be Giri, as something just feels wrong there. He repeatedly uses other players to explain his own thoughts and answers, which I am not a huge fan of. They present mildly contradictory information , which strikes me as an attempt to confuse us away from their play and focus on what x or y player really was thinking when they said z, which really isn't relevant as we can't ask the dead anything to the best of my knowledge.
Finally, I would be okay with a push on LG or SMS, but would like to get more of a solid ground on them first. Before taking either option, should someone start something, I want grounds that are easy to follow. Allmight has a loose case against LG, which soosh has used as a mild case against AM, but honestly I have no strong feeling about anyone in my yellow zone ATM, and would prefer that my town reads don't get each other killed, yeah? But this is Mafia, so I'm gonna be wrong and it doesn't matter anyway.
dang

this was more of an answer to my question than I could've hoped for in my wildest dreams

If you note, the condition was that he explain his own thoughts before receiving anything else. I fully understand that information is a two way street and sought to capitalize on it.

Ah. I understand much better now. I misread what "being fine with" meant in this case, and so I'm glad you clarified.
That said, I am still sitting on Rag. Having not played with them much, I don't have solid meta reads, but I have seen them play better before and thought they could do better. Now, I did recieve a response saying they were not able to get into the game as much as they had wished, which does make a certain amount of sense, but can also be a copout.
My second choice would be Giri, as something just feels wrong there. He repeatedly uses other players to explain his own thoughts and answers, which I am not a huge fan of. They present mildly contradictory information , which strikes me as an attempt to confuse us away from their play and focus on what x or y player really was thinking when they said z, which really isn't relevant as we can't ask the dead anything to the best of my knowledge.
Finally, I would be okay with a push on LG or SMS, but would like to get more of a solid ground on them first. Before taking either option, should someone start something, I want grounds that are easy to follow. Allmight has a loose case against LG, which soosh has used as a mild case against AM, but honestly I have no strong feeling about anyone in my yellow zone ATM, and would prefer that my town reads don't get each other killed, yeah? But this is Mafia, so I'm gonna be wrong and it doesn't matter anyway.
dang

this was more of an answer to my question than I could've hoped for in my wildest dreams
Yeah, but my point is you're original line of logic was make your own reads on everyone and vote accordingly.

Then it shifted to, ok, tell me why you aren't scum reading Rag anymore, and then it's ok for you to not make reads on everyone else becayse I no longer believe in what I said earlier.

That doesn't seem wrong to you?

to be fair, we did just do a thing each other asked
it'd be more of an asshole thing for him to just refuse and tell me im stupid
there was a reason I asked, anyways, but I needed to dream smaller, I guess

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
to be fair, we did just do a thing each other asked
it'd be more of an asshole thing for him to just refuse and tell me im stupid
there was a reason I asked, anyways, but I needed to dream smaller, I guess
I mean yeah once he said it I think it'd be best to follow through, still I don't think he should have backed down from suggesting that you make up your own mind who to vote, and his explanation of his thought process is still weird.

I mean, you tried but it was pretty weak, like I said it's potentially possible you made a mistake, as you said, but it feels like a hard one to make unless I'm not giving you the proper benefit of the doubt or something.
Indeed. It is sadly hard in games like this to prove when you made a mistake. And I cannot prove that my brain read "is fine" in the wrong context other than to point you to my reply to SF which mentions the same error, which I freely admitted to making:
Now the real question here is: why are I still on this topic? Can we have something more interesting happen besides my brain make a dumb misreading of a thing?

Why? What type of answer were you looking for? What dreams do you have? Should I be questioning your motive more?

Why? What type of answer were you looking for? What dreams do you have? Should I be questioning your motive more?

I say a lot of words, so mostly I'm just making fun of myself but your response was a bit lengthy, that's all I'm saying
don't question it, but question everything etc etc
it didn't quite go as planned

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Thanks, that makes this a lot clearer and gives me less reason to suspect you. I don't see why front page writer SMS would side with the Mafia, but who knows, if it's an elaborate ploy to throw off the Town's scent, then well done scummos.
I think I actually agree with LG that it's a role that could maybe go either way. Also I don't really find the Masters to be AI, for example, Naga was Exlight and was scum, I wouldn't have necessarily thought whoever had Ex was scum.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
It doesn't have to be. Pen could be a TP for all that I know, but at this point he's been hard confirmed in much the same way that Minish was so I'm inclined to believe his "reveal" if you will [for now]. All the facts are stacking in his favor at the moment. Not much point in pursuing him when there are likelier candidates.
only his role has been confirmed. nothing about his alignment has been confirmed. arguably minish wasn't confirmed town either.
Why not? If it helps narrow down the pool even a little bit then it should be considered a valid action to take. There aren't any limits to hard claims, but I'm not saying that Sun Fan or anyone else should full-blown reveal themselves, just that he should soft his role if he deems it justified. Besides, he just subbed in and Doc was near the top of my scum list due to inactivity so I don't think it's an unreasonable ask for the simplest way to clear himself.

Do you have some reason to want to keep it hidden?
role claims are not fun. mass claims are especially not fun.
Thanks, that makes this a lot clearer and gives me less reason to suspect you. I don't see why front page writer SMS would side with the Mafia, but who knows, if it's an elaborate ploy to throw off the Town's scent, then well done scummos.
someone already addressed this but pen's role can apply to any alignment. also i believe the masters' alignments were randomized. your logic does not make sense here.
Unvote
Vote: Pen
are you still suspicious of me?
Allmight has a loose case against LG
does he??????? where
is the day ending today?
what's the votecount even looking like?
day ends in the morning
I guess I'm just having trouble finding a hook into the game and its left me feeling somewhat disinterested in it
damn me too

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
johnny's switch off me is intriguing but i can't see why a scum wouldn't push an inactive LG because i'm notoriously low effort as scum (LGanon doesn't count because i had other scum to hunt). i'm inclined to read this as town both for seeing my scum pattern and because i think a scum would continue a push on me. but also why did he switch so readily?????

pen hasn't said anything about a read on allmight. i think scum pen is probably more high effort but also i could potentially see them as pals, seeing as allmight is so ready to clear him at every turn. and there's always the possibility of a ninja or godfather. i can't tell if allmight's faulty logic is genuine confusion or a scum tactic. but i can see these two as a scum pair.

it's truly my fault for not paying attention to rag, giri, and silver. and doc/sun. maybe i'll read through someone tonight. idk how to read rag though i think

sms feels weird because he doesn't normally take the town leader position. is he trying to take charge or does it only seem that way because the rest of the game is inactive? is this a town move or a scum move? i have asked more questions than can be answered.

these are my current thots thank u 4 reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom