• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fate/ZD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
it's obvious who it is, my question is whether or not the role is town.

Whatever the standard name is for the role that can write articles at night that are published by the game mod the next morning, well I've never seen that role be anything but Town aligned, nor do I see why it would be scum.

Ah the letter was from you? Be a better me if so!

To be fair I wasn't trying to be you. My goal was to be me enough so people could notice it.

What good would it do to reveal this? Why go out of your way to make your [alleged] killing role apparent?

Well, Rubik initially forgot to put my article in his morning post, which made me think I had been blocked. But then he edited it in there so I realised I had in fact not been blocked. The reason why I felt the need to say that I hadn't been blocked was so people wouldn't rule me out as a possible article writer candidate.

You mean the flavor text? I couldn't make out anything except elephant and Brazilian boy

At this point there's obviously no hiding it anymore. I wrote the paragraph that's credited to SMS. I doubt it would have caused this much fuss if Rube hadn't forgotten to put it in there at first (not blaming you Rube, this might be a good thing). But I feel like it could have passed by a bit more discretely if I hadn't had to first say that I thought I was blocked and then take it back when the morning post was edited.

I'm sorry for any confusion or ruckus I may have caused over this.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
2. LG Well, you're sounding a bit more like the LG I know. Nothing too strange so far from day two, but that hardly clears you. Worried that you seem to be defending me from SMS. I've used that play as scum before. Still null. Maybe the barest amount of town. I don't have a colour for that.
i just think he's suspicious. i don't see a scenario where you two are scum together, but that doesn't mean you're both town. i haven't put together a thot on you yet. i ought to do so while i have the time but Me Big Lazy
14. Pen I'm towning for now. I can't really see your resumed ability as scum, and you're not pushing any buttons.
see below:
Whatever the standard name is for the role that can write articles at night that are published by the game mod the next morning, well I've never seen that role be anything but Town aligned, nor do I see why it would be scum.
it was scum in the anon game. it's a neutral role with a neutral ability. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mailman there's the wiki page, your role is listed under variants. this does not in any way confirm your alignment.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
i agree. after my vote for him he started posting a lot and pinging everyone to get into the thread. seems panicky
I think sitting back and letting inactivity slide is bad :shrugs: I've had a lot to say but if you want to look at content=scummy panic the least you can do is lay out how the content is panicky. Also, do you have any other reads for today, so far all you've done is tinnel me iirc, though I need to catch up now that I'm off work.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I think sitting back and letting inactivity slide is bad :shrugs: I've had a lot to say but if you want to look at content=scummy panic the least you can do is lay out how the content is panicky. Also, do you have any other reads for today, so far all you've done is tinnel me iirc, though I need to catch up now that I'm off work.
i agree, letting inactivity slide is no good, but it had been about 5 hours since the day began. give people a chance to actually see the thread before you start calling them inactive.
i also agree that you need to catch up. i'm in the middle of analyzing my thoughts on you and all might, which currently takes priority. speaking of which, @All Might i can't tell what your new stance on sms is
back to SMS: since you asked, below is you pinging people without content:
@Pen Where are you at! Do you have anything to add at all? I thought that seeing as how this might be your last game that'd you'd have more to say.

@All Might I would also like your input, you haven't posted since this phase began. Same for @Giri as well. We need discusdion people! Inactivity is only advantageous to scum.
Sorry to be pinging everyone @Ragnarokio it'd be great to hear from you too!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
that's exactly it, actually. the way you two went after each other d1 and then he suddenly backed off was a little weird. i was waiting for both of you to comment on each other. why would he reveal what he did so early? unless it's 1x which, as i said, is a ridiculously easy claim.
Because when I found out my suspicion of him might be wrong, I knew I'd have to relate that somehow today. Anyway, further speculation is kind of pointless and borders on fishing for more details, which maybe isn't good.

I think I've decided that SMS's reasoning there probably makes him town
to talk about it more than I canabout my read on johnny
its a lot of self-awareness in the good kind of way

I don't think a mafia would admit to knowing that they have to explain themselves on something that might look weird
I know its possible but I think its a good look

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Exlight is even ready to get lynched for the sake of town and that's good. Unless he's a bomb and is laughing internally at the vote wagon
^^ I town read Ex
A rather convenient thing to say. You sure it wasn't because you wanted to distance yourself from the Ex wagon? What was your position on that lynch anyhow?
The truth was I didn't want to kill Ex. My thoughts were how could a role be dangerous if they tried hard to use the role in a way to benefit town.
I was surprised at how is wagon was building.
But however, funnier said it was a waste of time. But however, when I inquired Minish about that she said funnier actually wanted him to be lynched.
What are you doing with my face and why do you feel the need to present yourself so brazenly?
*Ahem*
I started watching MHA season 1 4 days before and completed it.
What I was trying to say was I wasn't able to read you in any games.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I like all might but I forget why
Because he's a great guy?

may i suggest.....,,,, don't
What's the harm in SF softing a little bit of his role?

never seen Mousetrap though, too long anyways
Lol Mouse Trap popped up out of nowhere. It's a decent watch.

Any particular reason that you sent SMS a letter then? "Mailman" or whatever variation this fits under would undoubtedly be Town, but SMS was straight near the top suspicious players due to his flippy behavior D1. Also it's strange because I can't think of any Servants who might fit the courier bill off the top of my head. If it's not too telling is this more of a Master ability or a Servant's task?

speaking of which, @All Might i can't tell what your new stance on sms is
Without giving too much away, it's like this: SMS used his PR and noticed I wasn't as guilty as he thought I was. Because of this I'm more inclined to townread him all while keeping a closer eye on him as his role could go either way. However, if he goes all crazy again then I won't hesitate to press a lynch.

The truth was I didn't want to kill Ex. My thoughts were how could a role be dangerous if they tried hard to use the role in a way to benefit town.
I was surprised at how is wagon was building.
But however, funnier said it was a waste of time. But however, when I inquired Minish about that she said funnier actually wanted him to be lynched.
*Ahem*
I started watching MHA season 1 4 days before and completed it.
What I was trying to say was I wasn't able to read you in any games.
Gotcha. These make me feel a lot better about you.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
"Mailman" or whatever variation this fits under would undoubtedly be Town
how????? in what way????? how must that role be town???? all he does is send a message to the mod that gets announced at the start of the day i was literally scum as that role in LG anon mafia
What's the harm in SF softing a little bit of his role?
relying on roles is bad and yall should feel bad. you don't have to claim an ability to attack, defend, or change your opinion about someone.

unvote

rethinking good night

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
3. Rag Not really liking the low effort votes here, bud. I know you can do better.

Vote: Rag

I looked through the day and didn't find anything to build a solid case on and so i went with what I had. Pretty well all the discussion was over exlight and minish, and the end result was very few players attacked each other. Normally I'd look at who the town players had scumread as a lead starting day 2, but in this case basically nobody had any scumreads. The lack of meaningful interaction between players basically makes the day devoid of information. It doesn't help that the two players who i did find suspicious are largely pointless to pursue right now.

You're probably right that I could be doing better though. I think the votes were find before they stopped being fine, but I could have put more effort into finding a new lead, or creating one if nothing else. I guess I'm just having trouble finding a hook into the game and its left me feeling somewhat disinterested in it..

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
From the get go I never liked Pen much. I stated D1 his wishy-washiness was very apparent. He swit he'd his vote a couple times and his statement about reading All Might was that All Might could be town or 3p or scum. Overall bad play imo, and very out of character for him on D1.

His choice to send a message to SMS was also weird. SMS was one of the more scrutinized players D1, so it seems strange. I won't write off that role being scum though. There is no reason it couldn't be.

I'll give some more of my take later. Getting ready for work atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom