• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fate/ZD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
if exlight's role exists as claimed then the game is probably balanced so that a double night doesn't favour scum

seems like a really anti-fun role though and i'm surprised rubik designed it, but i probably believe it anyways since it doesn't feel like a fakeclaim

Yea, Minish also wanted me to fully claim but I was holding on till I got a decent amount of votes. If my count is correct I have 6 votes, which seems like a fair amount, and I'd like to avoid more to not put me in hammer range since it could shorten the discussion time.

The problematic part of my role works similarly to a Beloved Princess, meaning that if I die during the night it will skip directly to the next Night Phase.
The main issue, however, is that I shoot myself whenever someone targets me, even disruptive roles, so, yikes.
That's why claiming here without the certainty of me getting lynched would've been a bad idea, because I'd pretty much be guaranteed to die and to force two night phases in a row against my will. That and the paranoia of a happy trigger vigi or serial killer makes me worry about the risk of town getting crippled really early in the game.
Even without claiming the odds of me dying N1 are high, which is why I'd rather be lynched today.

My role has another part that allows me to pick two people during the night, one dead and one alive, and verify if the alive one killed the former.
It's mildly weak and might be hinting to the existence of other killing roles on top of minish's self-framing role, which kinda leads back to the paranoia I mentioned above.

uh, that's it I think
Now that's a role. I can see why you'd hold off since scum would probably want to hold off to preserve your ability.

My only a discomfort is that if that's your whole role, that's pretty weak. I feel like there's probably more to it, or as I said you're a jester. I'll have to ponder this development.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
if exlight's role exists as claimed then the game is probably balanced so that a double night doesn't favour scum

seems like a really anti-fun role though and i'm surprised rubik designed it, but i probably believe it anyways since it doesn't feel like a fakeclaim
I actually just mentioned this to Minish outside the game thread. It's probably better to be safe than sorry, though.

funnier6

Courage~
Because it seemed like a question everyone would want to have answered, not just me? The more information that is out in the open, the better, especially if we're all feeding Minish information privately. Things that might affect how we vote and play are important to have in the open.
Yes, but given that, wouldnt it be much faster to ask her the question in your dm and then just post her answer? Of course sharing info is important but I want my info and I want it now and this is so much more convenient.
The good news is I also don't see a role like this being scum, so we're clear there. I'm happy to live and let live.
I believe you said something to the effect that you were not content to live and let live and thought her to be a scary puppet master or some such? What changed
All Might I have no strong feelings on you right now. Slight now lean because gut say so, and your last posts seem like either an elaborate bus,
What exactly gives the impression that its a bus
funnier6 Leaving you in the soft town pile for now. Something seems a bit off here, but you're always a little bit off,
What seems off is that literally everyone is town leaning me and saying I seem off. Well, do I or dont I???? (not yelling at you Silv its okay) BUT YOU OTHER PEOPLE ARE SOME HECKIN SHEEP
and I mean, I don't wanna play with a scum funfun. Scum funfun is usually much meaner and exploits more things.
This one always hurts :c

I'm gonna have a bunch of time to get posts out cause I gotta go to bed early to get up at FOUR to work my NINE HOUR SHIFT soooo you get what you get

funnier6

Courage~
Minish - Town, I feel like she can't be Mafia because her ability to break the rules would be insane for a Mafia role. I also thought about it, and I can't really think of what her wincon would even be if she was third party, and why she'd even be helping Ex out unless she was also Town trying to help Town avoid a tricky situation in future phases.
The first part is pretty ridiculous because its pretty clear that her ability to break the rules isnt very insane at all

But I wanted to talk about that last part, if you're Min and Ex starts blabbing his role woes to you, do you really have any choice but to help him? She's helped me several times literally like every time she rolls scum, she just cant refuse without looking suspicious, so why would that be any different here, plus it guarantees that she (and her team) are definitely not lynched today. I dont see any reason why she wouldnt go along with it, if she didnt, she'd be insane.
Rag - Town leaning, I like her posts so far and her push back against the consensus to vote Ex seemed like genuine town confusion to me, and I was in that same place at first too of thinking why is lynching Town Ex a good idea?
What exactly give you the impression of confusion
All Might - Leaning scum, I don't like him saying he thinks I'm suspicious and worth pressuring, but won't commit until D2
Were you suspicious of him before he suspected you
but what tips me over on All Might was his unwillingness to commit on "pressuring" me today, although there is still time in the Day to do that if he wanted to.
What purpose is there in pressuring you when there's literally no chance of you being lynched today
besides having a hunch that servants are advised against being revealed, because I think they are pretty blantly AI
I find this very interesting because nowhere in this game did I get the impression that servants were AI

funnier6

Courage~
Yea, Minish also wanted me to fully claim but I was holding on till I got a decent amount of votes. If my count is correct I have 6 votes, which seems like a fair amount, and I'd like to avoid more to not put me in hammer range since it could shorten the discussion time.

The problematic part of my role works similarly to a Beloved Princess, meaning that if I die during the night it will skip directly to the next Night Phase.
The main issue, however, is that I shoot myself whenever someone targets me, even disruptive roles, so, yikes.
That's why claiming here without the certainty of me getting lynched would've been a bad idea, because I'd pretty much be guaranteed to die and to force two night phases in a row against my will. That and the paranoia of a happy trigger vigi or serial killer makes me worry about the risk of town getting crippled really early in the game.
Even without claiming the odds of me dying N1 are high, which is why I'd rather be lynched today.

My role has another part that allows me to pick two people during the night, one dead and one alive, and verify if the alive one killed the former.
It's mildly weak and might be hinting to the existence of other killing roles on top of minish's self-framing role, which kinda leads back to the paranoia I mentioned above.

uh, that's it I think
This isnt nearly as bad as I thought it would be tbh

Unless it happened on like, night three or four
Seriously fun fun, as if I ever know what to do as Town... smh.
You do know every now and then, you got me to lynch my scum bud, remember?
What were you expecting?
I dont understand the question
I'm concerned that you don't want to share certain questions with anyone else? Certainly there's nothing you know that couldn't be shared with everyone if you're sharing with one person?
By necessity of trusting Min and valuing her opinion I'm going to tell her a bit more about my abilities than anyone else which is not shocking news. As for the questions, yeah I could care less if they were shared but theres so honking many of them that I obviously dont have time to give a play by play. I just checked and I have literally sent her over 800 messages since yesterday, we've about our reads for literally everyone in the game multiple times, in bloody detail. I dont really know why I need to justify doing that in dms where its quick and easy.

Anyway what part of asking why he didnt ask her directly means I wanted him to hide her response?
This seems a little backwards to me funfun. You don't want to trust blindly but...you trust blindly?
I'm not trusting her blindly. It's called a read. Anyone who's like "wow that role sure would be too powerful for scum guess Min's town" and proceeds to send her full role details is trusting blindly and completely insane to top it off. I've talked to her long enough that I dont believe she's lying to me, and I'm still not telling her everything just because trusting someone that much this early especially Min is jus bad for your health
I mean that is the goal of the game, kill people you think aren't town. =^)
We're doing a really sucky job of that atm

funnier6

Courage~
Have to sleep, don’t believe I’ll be able to post again before deadline but I believe everyone has a pretty good idea of where I’m at atm

Still need to figure out who I want to lynch day two but it’s more difficult when I’m still waiting on Silver and LG in particular to post more so I can make up my mind

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The first part is pretty ridiculous because its pretty clear that her ability to break the rules isnt very insane at all
Explain this to me. A Mafia member can chat with everyone and bend rules without anything that can seemingly counter that, as far as we know at the moment. That doesn't sound broken to you?

But I wanted to talk about that last part, if you're Min and Ex starts blabbing his role woes to you, do you really have any choice but to help him? She's helped me several times literally like every time she rolls scum, she just cant refuse without looking suspicious, so why would that be any different here, plus it guarantees that she (and her team) are definitely not lynched today. I dont see any reason why she wouldnt go along with it, if she didnt, she'd be insane.
I mean, this is an interesting thought, but I just don't think Minish is a Mafia member at this time. :shrugs: I see your point, doubt is maybe a good thing to maintain since there is really no way to verify her role apparently, besides through PoE. I think as the game moves on this will become apparent. She'll either get nightkilled by the Mafia if she is town, left alone if third party - and I think the liklihood of that is decreased the more I think of it (more on this in a sec). Lastly, if she is scum, people have clearly told her a lot, I'm in the boat of telling her a lot too. If the Mafia starts making really accurate plays, than Minish will be a culprit, so I'd say let's be on the lookout for that (clarifying, I don't think will happen because I think she is Town). A tangent here: you mentioned earlier about Min being forced in a position to just help Ex - I disagree. The progression happened very fast, it seems like she was onboard from the get go. If I'm scum Min I'm relaying Ex's role in scumchat and trying to think of ways to convince him not to want to be lynched, that way the scenario of back to back night phases does happen, because it's worth a shot. So her eagerness to help without hesitation speaks volumes.

I also mentioned that her being third party is lower in my mind more and more. I say this because I think her wincon as third party would either be to find something, or to get to a certain phase. For the former, she hasn't asked me if I have some item or anything, and judging by the silence in the thread, I don't think she has asked anyone else either. With the latter, if I'm Third Party Min trying to reach a certain phase in the game to win, I'm making the play of calming Ex down and swaying his idea to get lynched D1, and then hoping he gets targeted or killed, that way the phase I win at is closer.

My point is, if Min is any type of scum role, keeping Ex around is the best play I think.

Granted, you have more experience with her recent scum games, I ended up getting nightkilled early in a lot of those games so I had no time to get burned. If I'm getting burned here on my read of her though, I have no regrets.

What exactly give you the impression of confusion
She had some of the same initial thoughts as me, and since I was confused of Ex's role I read her thoughts as confused too I guess. Perhaps a bit of my own emotions projecting tbh.

Were you suspicious of him before he suspected you
I'm always supicious of All Might Day 1 tbh, but I'll admit it wasn't until he made that horrendous post where he started making it out like I was trying to enact some devious plan to villianize Minish by sharing a dumb thought I had that I labeled as a dumb thought, but it wasn't a dumb thought, it might be my evil scumplan according to All Might, lol.

What purpose is there in pressuring you when there's literally no chance of you being lynched today
Because if it is discussion that he wants to have why put off what can be discussed now for later? There is plenty of time for it, even if the result isn't a lynch today, it's discussion out of the way so that other things can be talked about on Day 2.

I find this very interesting because nowhere in this game did I get the impression that servants were AI
I did a search on my servant, he's unquestionably good, so I deduced the reason we are told to keep them close to the vest is because info on them is telling.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Minish is probably town though my read has some contradiction to hers

I'm used to more aggressive Rag. She doesn't seem to be like that this game. Also I don't know what to say of her jumping in Ex's wagon at the end of the day phase.

Exlight is even ready to get lynched for the sake of town and that's good. Unless he's a bomb and is laughing internally at the vote wagon

I didn't follow what SMS was saying until Allmight quoted them +1 for Allmight.

I didn't like Doc saying he's against lynching Ex and then chiming in right after the post saying he trusts Minish and then votes Ex

@funnier6 Do you want Exlight to be lynched?
Yes or No?
You were against discussing about Ex lynch earlier and considered it as waste of time. Is that so?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm used to more aggressive Rag. She doesn't seem to be like that this game. Also I don't know what to say of her jumping in Ex's wagon at the end of the day phase.

Ragnarokio

oops

i said it before but its for role reasons, i wouldn'tbe voting for ex if it weren't for my role. Ideally I'd like to be voting for the person who gets lynched every day.

As the day is ending soon and I won't be back before I'll go on record voting for Ex here. Not sure if its a hammer or not. I have other thoughts I'll have to develop later. I explained my reasoning on Ex before.

Vote: Exlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom