• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fate/ZD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
LG - Null on LG. I know she's been busy a lot lately so I'm not gonna try to judge her not being around much. It's just hard to get a decent read on LG until she hits a stride in posting.

Rag - I really liked Rag's reaction test of saying she had reason to believe there was a jester in the game. That looked pretty townie to me. Also, even though I disagree with her not wanting to vote Ex, I don't think her reasoning is bad there. She's looking pretty decent to me right now. Not insanely townie but not scummy either.

Ex - I want to trust that Ex is town. I do keep having small paranoia because I will feel so dumb if he's been lying about all of this for some reason and I've been pushing town to go with the plan. I'd like to think lynching him is always the right play here for reasons stated before, but Rubik has a crazy mind and I keep wondering if there could be a role that will seriously **** us if we lynch them. But that sounds a little much to me, since I could only see it being mafia (since there are no game ending jesters), and if we're punished for lynching mafia then I'm gonna be upset! Anyways, I've talked quite a bit about my thoughts on Ex. I feel like the fact he was so open right away about his role, and the fact he seems dejected by it both look pretty townie.

All Might - Null. All Might is always hard for me to read. Especially when he has strange posts like the ones he's made about master/servants. He says it was just a misunderstanding which is a bit hmmm. Feel like there is something going on there, but I have talked to him a little outside of the thread and I don't feel like he's a priority right now. Definitely someone to keep an eye on though.

funnier6 - I wanna trust that funnier is town, mostly from our outside chat. His general attitude and messages *sound* good. In that he seems genuinely excited to be able to chat with me one on one, instead of scared that I'll catch onto scum him. But I know he knows that I would expect that. We've been back and forth on some reads, but seem to be at a general consensus. It's hard to tell though, when I have information others don't. So I have to try to think of things from the opposite side and see if our reads would align more then. I'd like to see him posting in the thread a bit more though so I can maybe quell some of my paranoia that he's just trying to trick me.

Giri - Pretty solid town read on Giri. He tends to be a bit more 'aggressive' and less go with the flow as scum. Plus he's questioned me about my thoughts on a couple of people in chat, and I feel like he'd be more chatty instead of asking my opinions on things as scum.

Johnny - Was fairly forthcoming about info to me, but also not in a blantant way which I liked. It felt like town with a bit of skepticism, which is understandable. But he also did it of his own accord without trying to talk about all kinds of other stuff first. I also have liked a couple of his posts in thread. Him pointing out Pen was just stating the obvious in regards to All Might felt good even if Pen's post didn't ping me personally. He also had a good response to SMS about his thoughts on Ex being a jester.

Naga - Null. I've never seen Naga as scum so it's hard to read him. Would like to see more. I'm torn on his post about Ex being jester. He said he wouldn't want to give him a d1 win if he is because he'd rather be scum hunting and I've gone back and forth on my read of this. On one hand I could see scum wanting to keep a possible jester around (since they would be unaware if Ex is actually a jester), to cause a distraction during later days. And also because they would rather lynch town today over 3rd party. On the other hand, I am generally also of the opinion that it's better to hunt scum always over 3rd parties. So I could go either way on Naga right now.

Silverfish - Silver is also someone I haven't seen as scum, so it's hard to read him. His initial posts about wanting to lynch me because my role seems a pain kinda pinged me a bit. I know Silver knows my town and scum game, so I could see scum him knowing I'm town and wanting to try to push getting rid of me early using that excuse. Especially seeing as later on, after most people seemed to not have a problem with. me he said he trusted me as far as he could throw me, but that I am a useful tool. Which is opposite of what he originally said. He's given some very basic reads on a few people so I'd like to see more from him on that regard. He does seem a little lost at points which is normal for town Silver, but I don't know if he's also like that as scum.

SMS - SMS is an interesting case. I have felt so much he's done has been scummy. His original skepticism of me (which was fair), but then his double down on not thinking the quotes were from Rubik felt weird to me. Then his comments about wanting to keep potential jester Ex as a vote didn't look great because it didn't make sense. And it aligns with what I said earlier about scum wanting to keep a jester around. And then there was my outside chat with him. In which he immediately started fishing about Ex's role and nothing else. And then doubled down on doing so. However, once I explained why I didn't want to give info on it, and why I thought that if people trusted me I hoped they would trust my judgment here, he did a 180 and dropped asking for info and offered some of his own. So it puts me in a tough spot trying to evaluate him. He did a lot of overtly scummy things, but I also tend to typically read SMS as scum. But his sudden change after I laid things out felt potentially townie to me? He's someone I'll keep a close eye on, but I also don't think I find him as scummy as I did.

Kirino - Has had some good thoughts. I like his first post discussing me, All Might, and SMS. It felt strong and he came with it right out the gate. I agreed with his thoughts in it, particularly about SMS. Also had a post about even if we do agree to lynch Ex that we should be using this time to scumhunt, which is a good look. I could see scum Kirino using Ex more as a focus for potential distraction. I also feel decent about our outside chat. He told me something I'm unsure that he would have as scum. But I also could maybe see scum Kirino doing it to gain my trust. But for now I'm willing to trust him because I like his view on the game and I'm not seeing conniving scum Kirino.

Doc - I haven't seen town Doc yet. Neither in here or our chat, which makes me nervous. I usually expect one nice analytical post of his to townread him from, because he usually has good takes as town. He's talked to me a bit in chat, but I would expect him to act more confident in his possible reads than he did when it was just one on one. I kinda felt like he was worried to give me too much info.

Pen - I know Pen got a bit of flack for one of his intial posts, but it seemed more town Pen than scum Pen to me. He has had such a cheery, almost whimsical feeling attitude thus far which is different than the more serious, analytical attitude I expect from scum Pen. There's also the fact he was extremely forthcoming about his role to me, and seemed very happy to do so. Definitely feel like scum Pen would be more hesitant and cautious.

A quick recap of my thoughts in a more cohesive manner.

Feel decent about the group of:
Pen
Giri
Funnier
Ex
Kirino
Johnny

And to a lesser extent:
Rag
SMS

All Might

Which leaves:
LG
Silver
Naga
Doc

I know I'm putting trust into quite a bit of people right now, so I'm aware I could easily be wrong about a few of them. But I feel okay about having things narrowed down to this PoE right now.

I'm also aware some of the reads involve trust because it uses information from private chats, but I've tried to explain what I can about the chats that have influenced me and I've also been considering in thread posts in my evaluations of people as well.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
top is townier, bottom is scummier

Towny:
Ex - Hi there fellow townies haha
Minish - Townlead, I really doubt she'd out her negative modifiers and put that much dedication in reads if she was scum (if we're wrong then yikes lmfao, do not give def townpants to her despite her being a hard townread k pls)
Pen - I think I figured out a thing or two about his role, and his initiative to give info to Min come off as really towny
All Might - Him completely lost at the beginning of the game feels really towny or at least indeptish, not sure if he's a threat but I feel like he's not mafia
Rag - I'm actually getting mixed signals from her but actions leans her more to town (gut feeling actually says scummy but idk)

Null:
Kirino
- I kinda always imagine you with a resting ***** poker face being super rational and I hate that I can't figure out your alignment easily. You always post stuff really rationally and it's kinda hard to see if you mean it or if you're just going with the flow. Idk, I like your posts but I don't trust them. Not getting insanely pinged like in Raccoon City Mafia though, so that's maybe a good sign.
LG - I know you're busy so I'm not going to pressure you too much or anything and I don't feel particularly bad about you or anything but give us more posts if you can ty uwu
Funnier - hi you've been kinda passive again and if you're scum again istg please share thoughts more and poke people more will you
Johnny - Kinda aggressive again, I can't remember if this it's his town or scummy meta but I'm pretty sure one of these has aggressiveness as a major point.

Slightly scummy:
SMS
- I always scumread you istg. I hate your aggressiveness but it reminds me of Raccoon City mafia where you kept going after townconfs so I guess you can get really dense sometimes. It's not AI but it still makes me raise an eyebrow.
Naga - where are you
Doc - who
Giri - hi there kiddo I have literally no idea why minish is townreading you (I actually have a theory but I'm not sure if I trust that)
Silver - Kinda CWACing while throwing shade around. When put against the wall pulled the "oh but this is normal for me, my town meta is scummy" which is ok I guess but like, idk, not buying this, sounds like an easy cop out. I don't really see him trying to push the game to a decent direction, even when cornered, which is not the best flag.

Silverfish - Silver is also someone I haven't seen as scum, so it's hard to read him. His initial posts about wanting to lynch me because my role seems a pain kinda pinged me a bit. I know Silver knows my town and scum game, so I could see scum him knowing I'm town and wanting to try to push getting rid of me early using that excuse. Especially seeing as later on, after most people seemed to not have a problem with. me he said he trusted me as far as he could throw me, but that I am a useful tool. Which is opposite of what he originally said. He's given some very basic reads on a few people so I'd like to see more from him on that regard. He does seem a little lost at points which is normal for town Silver, but I don't know if he's also like that as scum.
Yeah, I don't know how I'm supposed to respond to this but someone's gonna yell at me if I post again without addressing things. Brain is giving me nothing.
Okay, let's try this again. I do trust Minish as far as I can throw her. I see her benefits, but also think it's a darn annoying thing that we should at least consider getting rid of. Blindly trusting someone as a town lead just because they have the host's role is insane imo. I can totally see MInish acting as some sort of Puppet Master. I don't see Minish as scum, her playstyle this game is all wrong for that, but I do see the possibility of a third party playing us all, and that scares me. So I'm saying to keep an eye on Minish, and check for any subtle manipulations.
Also, Minish, curious if there is anyone who hasn't talked to you at all. If we're going to use your role to our advantage, it would make sense that perhaps there is a wolf who hasn't spoken to you yet out of fear of giving things away. So if we are treating you as a hub of information, everyone should have spoken to you and we should be looking at anyone who hasn't.
Now, about those reads? Which I’d like from everyone please thank
And now I suddenly remember why I hate playing away from home. You people and your reads lists, good lord. I'll try to put something together, but I almost guarantee someone is gonna come out and be like "Silver's reads seem forced, that's a scum play." And my reads will be forced, because that's now how I normally play.
Silver - Kinda CWACing while throwing shade around. When put against the wall pulled the "oh but this is normal for me, my town meta is scummy" which is ok I guess but like, idk, not buying this, sounds like an easy cop out. I don't really see him trying to push the game to a decent direction, even when cornered, which is not the best flag.
Nice, a new acronym to go google.
Wait. I don't like that one. But I can't say it's not accurate at least. Guys, I gotta be honest, I'm not able to do much right now because I was stupid and completely over-committed to stuff. (Okay, a lot of stuff decided to spring up at the same time over my head which I'm mildly annoyed about). Hopefully I'll have more time after one thing goes away this weekend? Right now my brain is just stretched far too thin to care enough about any one thing to give solid feedback.
Also, I'm cornered? That's news to me. How am I cornered? The walls are always spinning, so if I time things right, I can just slip out that door.

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty confident (just from posts, not from abilities or outside knowledge) that Ex is not town. Seems pretty likely that Ex is a jester or something else like that. I said before that we shouldn't waste a day lynching Ex, but funnier's post from yesterday sortof changed my mind - if we're going to waste a day it probably should be when not much else is going on. If we don't lynch Ex now we're probably just going to keep talking and talking about this. It's already taken up a lot of today.

I also don't like how Ex is sheeping Minish. Rag brought this game up earlier, in MS Paint Mafia 3 (which a lot of you were in), Zinger was able to talk to anyone because he wasn't really in the game, but he definitely was not town-aligned. I just don't think we can really claim that Minish is town for sure based on the ability. An arbiter is neutral, which is not the same as being on the side of the town. Now, this being said, I am generally town-reading Minish based on her actions and posts regardless, except for the following:

My biggest qualm is that Ex obviously wants to be lynched, should we really be giving Ex what he wants? There is something fishy going on here too: Minish said yesterday that we should lynch Ex to get around harm to the town. I don't like that Minish and Ex have this secret between them on Ex's ability and how we should just trust them. Minish also says that Ex is likely town, so I can't really reconcile these things, that Minish is recommending we lynch town. I don't really think this is necessarily something scum would say, because she's being very open about wanting to lynch town (as opposed to pushing for a lynch she thinks is town but without saying that).

On the other hand, I agree with Minish's thinking here: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/fate-zd-mafia.68061/page-11#post-1225669

1) If Ex was telling the truth about anti-town ability, lynching is a good idea
2) if Ex is jester, might as well give him the win now instead of later (since there are no ending game jesters)
3) Lynching scum if he's lying is always good.

Just something doesn't make sense to me.

Where do we go from here? Not sure. ANyone have any thoughts on 1) What Ex's terrible ability could be, or how to reconcile these things?

On reads: I feel like I take a lot longer to generate feelings than most of you. I'm nulling reading basically everyone, with the following assorted thoughts:

I like Rag's jester test, seems pretty typical Rag play to me.

Giri reminds me of town Giri in the last game we played together

Funnier's had some good ideas and seems to be thinking the same way as me.

SMS had some weird ideas about Minish making up the post from Rubik, which I don't like.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
After talking about it with Minish in our private chat, she did convince me that it is in town's best interest to lynch Ex. I really don't like the idea of just lynching what I feel like is probably a townie, and if it were just Ex saying that his role is detrimental I wouldn't be on board. But I trust Minish's judgement, I think if his role wasn't actually horrible for town, she would be trying to prevent his lynch.

I don't have very many other thoughts, tbh. I shared a little bit with Min that I didn't love some people's reactions to SMS being skeptical of Min's alignment, but I don't feel confidently in those feelings to do really do anything about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom