• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Fatalis Title Update

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
We're finally on the last major update of the game. In two weeks, the legendary Black Dragon will come once again. I'm looking forward to it and also not.

From a lore standpoint, Fatalis is really interesting. He is the only instance of a monster that is actually evil. His entire purpose is hatred and retribution. No one knows how long ago this happened, but an ancient civilization of humans waged war with elder dragons and nearly wiped them out. Fatalis was born specifically to wipe them out in return, and he did. He haunts the ruins of Castle Schrade, which he destroyed in the distant past, wiping out the entire Kingdom of Schrade in a single night. He melts down the bodies of hunters and wears them like armor. His thirst for blood outstrips that of any other monster known to man. He lives for vengeance and nothing more. So getting to see him beefed up in World's engine will be pretty cool.

On the other hand, are they gonna **** him up like they did Alatreon with some bull**** absurdly unfair mechanic? I really hope not. The quest seems like it'll be different from usual because the Commission is actually traveling to the old world for this, and it's gonna give the Ace Cadet/Excitable A-Lister's backstory. I'm looking forward to that part of it. But if they ruin Fatalis with something as stupid as Alatreon's Judgement, I'm not gonna be happy.

Also with this update, we get a really sweet Halloween festival in the gathering hubs that looks really killer, and finally all master rank armor will be available to be layered. About damn time on that. The fact that only now at the end of the game's life will all armor be available for fashion hunting is really stupid. That should have been available from the start. That's literally the most basic rule of fashion skinning. I will be bitter about how long it took them to do this forever.

I probably won't be playing the game much anymore after Fatalis and after I make the layered armor sets I want to. Rise already looks like a better game. World is fun, but it's never fully satisfying the way GenU is. Can't wait for Rise.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm glad that they did not in fact add some dumb mmo bull**** gimmick to Fatalis. However, this thing hits like a cement truck. that's on fire. If you're at less than 90% HP, you will almost certainly die when he smacks you. The actual fight is pretty cool, and he's not that hard to actually fight... It's just really hard to recover from being hit without dying because he's extremely aggressive and persistent.

This isn't to do with the fight itself, but its really frustrating when working with others online and people bail from the quest just because of one person making a mistake. Wimps. You always tough out a hunt because even if you don't win, you learn the fight better the more you do it. Bailers are really common with this quest. Bailing is generally looked down on by the community because you're abandoning your questmates when they could still benefit from your help. I've done plenty of quests all the way through where we won after sticking it out even though we were on our last cart for quite a while.

So, yeah. Epic fight, but crazy hard. This game seems to bring out the worst in the community sometimes, especially during difficult quests, and this is no exception. I dunno when I'll get it done, but at this rate it could be a little while.

Quin

Disaster Master
Got it done, Love the fight a lot. Its fatalis, it should be this hard honestly. But yeah, finding a good team for this is hard. Don't do it with randoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom