• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Fashion of the Wild

Even though some characters were pretty unlikeable in BotW, most of them looked the part.

I really think this game nailed some good character designs. Unlike games such as SS for example, where some people really didnt think Link and a few other characters looked right, i think BotW got it mostly right.

One major aspect for me with the characters being visually striking is their clothing. I really love the use of blue on most of the lead characters.

I love Zelda's white dress, which is waaaaay better than that horrible child-sacrifice looking thing she had in SS.
I love her royal and fieldwork gear too.

Urbosa and Revali hit the mark for me too as does Link in his standard Champion shirt get up.

But how about you?

Which character in BotW has the best wardrobe in Hyrule?

Since blue is one of my favorite colors, I really loved Zelda in her fieldwork gear. It gave me hope of a playable Zelda but that relly didn't happen, oh well.
Link in her champion champion gear looked pretty coll as well, it gave him some Wind Waker vibes and I loved it.
And finally I would say Revali, I really liked his design in general, and I loved that his bow has a little bit of blue as well.

funnier6

Courage~
I was like so happy when I saw Zelda in her field gear, I was like ohmigosh she's not in a dress this is epicc! Though I do like her other clothes, I wouldve thought it strange the dress wasn't traditional at all, (cept SS) but if Link doesn't wear his heroes clothes I don't guess anything will be traditional.

In terms of clothes you can buy I think the Gerudo voe clothes were my favorite purchasable.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think the fashion is so good because Nintendo really fleshed out the different cultures of Hyrule more than in previous games, the Gerudo in particular. Plus with the armor system and the dye shop, we can be very creative with how we want to look, which is awesome. Link's standard gear is awesome, the Champion's tunic is definitely far superior in design quality and general look to any of his past looks. My only issue with it is the hylian trousers, which are really bland and are more like hylian skinny jeans. no thanks. The snow boots dyed black look waaaaaaaay better with the Champion's tunic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom