• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Farore's Wind: Useless?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
If it is your first run or you are aiming for 100%, then it can be very vital. There are quite a few players who are still playing Ocarina of Time as their first Zelda, or perhaps the people who have adapted to the level of ease presented in Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. In addition, it can be helpful in a few dungeons, such as the Water Temple where you must go through various places and levels in the dungeon.

Another place it can be helpful in is the Fire Temple. I say this because of the chasms with thin paths can be quite easy to fall off of if you are not very experienced with the N64 control stick. I don't get why they removed this feature from Majora's Mask, which offers the ability to leave a dungeon from where you stand. I'm at least glad that they brought Ooccoo in Twilight Princess, where, while the dungeons where much easier, the dungeons had quite a bit of length to them; some of which could not be conquered in one sitting.

So, in short, I don't think it is a useless item. It's helpful for Ocarina of Time n00bs (or Zelda n00bs), and it can also make some dungeons (like the Water Temple) much easier.

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
Same as stated above, I only used it in the Fire temple. I think I remember using it when you have to get the Megaton Hammer. If I didnt get there in time, I wouldnt have to risk falling down when going back down the steps.

I think that NOW we find it useless becouse we have gotten so used to the game and we really don't need it. Even so though I've only used it once out of all the times ive played OoT

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It is incredibly useful in any dungeon with Wallmasters or a section where you can fall down to a lower level by accident. If you lose your spot, you're back in an instant. It can be hard to remember to use it, though.
Not that I would ever need to use it, anyways. :suspicious:

if you put your mind to it and think: right, im in a dungeon, which room do i keep have to come back to again and again,lets go to that room and use farores wind
then itll save you loads of time and youll love that thing, ive tried it before

D

Da Bunni Hood

Nayru's love was ten times more useless to me. Farore's Wind was good in the fire temple when you could fall off easily and you would need to get back up. And, like you said, it's useful for toying around with as well.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
I think I only used it once in the Shadow Temple. In the room right before the boss, where you could fall down in that room. So, I created a Warp point, just in case I needed it. Yeah, I only used it once.

Ive never used it (maybe once), like you said, i get it for the 100%. but, i can see how it would be useful, especially if you suck at the game. if your abou to die, it could be very useful for a quick escape.

lilwilly

Swordless Link
in the forest temple is where i use it.when you shoot the eye with the bow and arrow to change the hallway. i always warp back. and in the fire temple. in the room before the dungeon map. just in case i fall. That is about it.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I hardly find Farore's Wind useful at all! When I play OoT, I usually just skip it along with Nayru's Love (which is also almost useless) unless I'm going for 100%.

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Using it in the water temple proves it to be quite useful to when I had to raise and lower the water level

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom