• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Far Far Away Mafia

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I think we are agreeing about Ryuken right now.

Wait is RVS over yet?
RVS never has a set time to end. Traditionally, D1 starts with RVS, and it ends when players unvote. There is no time that says "get rid of your vote on Tristan because he's a sloth". If players really wanted to, the whole game could be RVSes, but that just doesn't happen because we're not in 3rd grade

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
This seems a bit off to me. First of all, we only have three town power roles so the chance of lynching one of them is already fairly low. Not to mention, we also have no limit to role claiming, so even if we were close to lynching one of them they could claim. That's not ideal obviously, but it's better to try and lynch someone day 1. Especially as others have mentioned, we have a decent chance of hitting scum with there being 4 of them in the game, with the pairs trying to find each other as well. So even the best scum hunters are scum hunting no matter what their alignment is.

Second, I don't recall you pushing for d1 no lynches before. I know it's pretty common with newer players, since I did the same a lot when I was new, but in a game like this where the odds of hitting scum are decent you should see the advantage of a day 1 lynch.

Tbh, advocating for a no lynch right now makes you seem a bit scummy. I don't see any reason why betting on fairly good odds (since there are also 5 vanillas that could get chosen before any of the power roles as well) would be a bad idea. Unless you're scum and scared of that random lynch being you.

Unvote

Vote: Ryuken
Uhhhhhh....

Vote: Jamie

I'm a villager, btw.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Uhhhhhh....

Vote: Jamie

I'm a villager, btw.
Gonna echo Storma here, but this is a super odd response.

I took a look back at a few other mafia games to check what you said about pushing for d1 no lynches. The easiest one to find was X-Men Mafia, where you did suggest a d1 lynch, and I know you repeated this sentiment in a few other games, especially ones with an unusual setup. I have to take a closer look at one of the other more traditional games you took part in.

But this response is so not what I'd expect of you. You play very methodically, you choose your words very carefully. You've never had a problem in the past defending your actions. So I don't see why your response to suspicion is a seemingly random vote and a role claim(?). If that is you claiming to be vanilla.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
To be honest, I don't think immediately claiming vanilla and joining the biggest counterwagon is so much scummy as it is indicative of a lack of experience.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, but I think wagoning him is pretty opportunistic. That's not to say bad play shouldn't be punished, but I think it's ultimately not going to go anywhere productive.

Unvote: Jamie

Vote: DekuNut

@Jamie and @DekuNut what are your thoughts on the Ryuken wagon?

funnier6

Courage~
Mkay, I’m a lil late to the party, actually had things to do/didn’t feel like it for once but I have finally organized my thoughts.
It'll be hard to get out of RVS with all of these memes
This is an observation that does absolutely nothing to solve the problem in the vain hope that you’ll goad someone else into doing it for you to avoid making the first move. I have strong gut vibes that town Yiga does not post this, and the next posts don’t help.
Rubik at his first rodeo:

Because this obviously helps us get out of RVS right.
What info? I don't have any... This RVS has given me nothing so far.
Every time you say “RVS has given me nothing so far” it’s basically an oxymoron since RVS is typically informationless by default.
This seems a bit off to me. First of all, we only have three town power roles so the chance of lynching one of them is already fairly low. Not to mention, we also have no limit to role claiming, so even if we were close to lynching one of them they could claim. That's not ideal obviously, but it's better to try and lynch someone day 1. Especially as others have mentioned, we have a decent chance of hitting scum with there being 4 of them in the game, with the pairs trying to find each other as well. So even the best scum hunters are scum hunting no matter what their alignment is.

Second, I don't recall you pushing for d1 no lynches before. I know it's pretty common with newer players, since I did the same a lot when I was new, but in a game like this where the odds of hitting scum are decent you should see the advantage of a day 1 lynch.

Tbh, advocating for a no lynch right now makes you seem a bit scummy. I don't see any reason why betting on fairly good odds (since there are also 5 vanillas that could get chosen before any of the power roles as well) would be a bad idea. Unless you're scum and scared of that random lynch being you.

Unvote

Ryuken hasn’t been scum so I’m not exactly an expert but I don’t find it any different than usual Ryu weird. You could be perfectly right of course but I feel there’s no way to be certain so soon since he always says weird things. Especially since why on earth wouldn’t he have fact checked his stance on no lynch’s before saying he has always advocated no lynchs or whatever. Also I don’t see why mafia would want to no lynch since they (I think) want to get rid of the oppposing faction and have little danger to themselves since odds are good that the two of them won’t be lynched. The more I think about it the more I don’t agree tbh.

I also want your opinion on Yiga and what you have to say about my suspicions.

Unvote

Vote: Yiga

RVS never has a set time to end. Traditionally, D1 starts with RVS, and it ends when players unvote. There is no time that says "get rid of your vote on Tristan because he's a sloth". If players really wanted to, the whole game could be RVSes, but that just doesn't happen because we're not in 3rd grade
I assume you’re agreeing with Minish but you don’t state what you’re agreeing with or why just that you’re agreeing and then you don’t even vote for him.
To be honest, I don't think immediately claiming vanilla and joining the biggest counterwagon is so much scummy as it is indicative of a lack of experience.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, but I think wagoning him is pretty opportunistic. That's not to say bad play shouldn't be punished, but I think it's ultimately not going to go anywhere productive.

Just quoting this for myself.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

Ryuken made some posts that are, as far as day 1s go, as good a reason for any for a lynch. It's hard to evaluate the wagon itself without a flip though.

I hate day 1s on this site (or any site) so sorry for my lack of presence but I'll be more active on day 2 as usual.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Funnier made some good points, so I did a quick PBP on YIG.

Vote: Rubik

Holy **** Rubuk auto corrected to Rubik. **** corrected to shut AND the second **** corrected to shot...

Meme vote.

It'll be hard to get out of RVS with all of these memes

Useless concern trolling over the RVS with no effort to try to get us somewhere.

Memes again after saying the memes aren't getting us anywhere.

What info? I don't have any... This RVS has given me nothing so far.

More concern trolling. Not a good pattern to see. Feigning concern about a lack of productivity is a pretty convenient pattern to fall back on as scum.

That still gives no player info, though. Yes, we may mislynch the doctor, but that would be unlikely considering that we are smart people who know what to look for in scum. I'd rather make an educated gamble than no lynch. Remember, even if we do mislynch, that's just more info that helps us next time

In a vacuum, explaining to a newer player something that most experienced mafia players would know is fine, but from a more holistic perspective, YIG has thus far made 2 meme posts, 2 posts complaining about meme posts, and now made post stating mafia game theory without any sort of opinion attached to anything he's said. Quoting facts and theory without drawing conclusions off of them, complaining, and sidetracking the game are all fairly scummy, especially when that's all he's done.

There is a 1/3 chance theoretically of hitting a scum just randomly picking a person. I figure we will have enough actual info from today to increase our odds from "Random guess and a 1/3 chance" to at least "educated guess and a 50+% chance".

Mislynch and info is still a lot more valuable than no lynch and no info, because no info going into day 2 just increases the odds of another mislynch.

Unvote

This attack feels opportunistic to me. Ryuken hasn't done anything especially scummy by stating a sub-optimal strategy that people in the game would be unlikely to agree to. Generally when I see this sort of proposal in a mafia game, it's by an inexperienced player who is usually town and places too heavy of a weight on the effectiveness of power roles. Power roles are a nice bonus, effective scumhunting is something any player can do and is a more reliable way of closing out the game.

While I feel like this attack is weak in substance, I'm glad he made it. I don't know for sure if YIG is scum or not, but this attack has effectively launched the game into a state where another layer of meaning can be extracted from people's voting patterns.

Yeah, a D1 role claim would not be smart. The onlwy way I'd see it happening is if someone were in so much hot water they they had to, but that's not the case

Another obvious observation.

Another another obvious observation.

YIG has primarily spent this game pointing out things that would be obvious to an experienced player, then attacked a player who clearly didn't have a full grasp of why those things are the case for not knowing why.

Luckily, the pressure on Ryuken and how he's responded to it, the questionable play from YIG, and how people have voted in response to these two things are looking pretty juicy to me.

I'm still looking for some real contribution from Jamie and Deku, though.

EBWOP: Jamie made a post.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Mkay, I’m a lil late to the party, actually had things to do/didn’t feel like it for once but I have finally organized my thoughts.

This is an observation that does absolutely nothing to solve the problem in the vain hope that you’ll goad someone else into doing it for you to avoid making the first move. I have strong gut vibes that town Yiga does not post this, and the next posts don’t help.

Because this obviously helps us get out of RVS right.

Every time you say “RVS has given me nothing so far” it’s basically an oxymoron since RVS is typically informationless by default.

Ryuken hasn’t been scum so I’m not exactly an expert but I don’t find it any different than usual Ryu weird. You could be perfectly right of course but I feel there’s no way to be certain so soon since he always says weird things. Especially since why on earth wouldn’t he have fact checked his stance on no lynch’s before saying he has always advocated no lynchs or whatever. Also I don’t see why mafia would want to no lynch since they (I think) want to get rid of the oppposing faction and have little danger to themselves since odds are good that the two of them won’t be lynched. The more I think about it the more I don’t agree tbh.

I also want your opinion on Yiga and what you have to say about my suspicions.

Unvote

Vote: Yiga

I assume you’re agreeing with Minish but you don’t state what you’re agreeing with or why just that you’re agreeing and then you don’t even vote for him.

Just quoting this for myself.
The issue is that this was taken out of context a little bit. Me "complaining" was in response to Storma or someone asking if RVS was over. The memes I hsve done have not only started discussion but were a tactic to get a response from storma specifically but there was no bite. Pointing things out has been an issue I'd mine since the beginning. The Ryuken vote was completely justified and when I say "I think we are all on the same page" that clearly shows my opinion on this... Vagueness has also always been a part of my and I don't plan on changing that. I am keeping my vote on Ryuken and believe I have succeeded the obvious pressure vote test on me.

I am justified. Sometimes we can't resist the memes. I simply pointed it out and never complained. I never daid I wasn't guilty of never being able to get out of RVS, and it was a clear tactic.

funnier6

Courage~
The issue is that this was taken out of context a little bit. Me "complaining" was in response to Storma or someone asking if RVS was over. The memes I hsve done have not only started discussion but were a tactic to get a response from storma specifically but there was no bite. Pointing things out has been an issue I'd mine since the beginning. The Ryuken vote was completely justified and when I say "I think we are all on the same page" that clearly shows my opinion on this... Vagueness has also always been a part of my and I don't plan on changing that. I am keeping my vote on Ryuken and believe I have succeeded the obvious pressure vote test on me.

I am justified. Sometimes we can't resist the memes. I simply pointed it out and never complained. I never daid I wasn't guilty of never being able to get out of RVS, and it was a clear tactic.
Yiga, I’m gonna kill you, I never said you were complaining I said you were passively commenting on attempt to appear as if you were doing something and I did say you did not vote Ryu which you did not correct me about but after going back I find you’ve been voting him for ages. I still find you’re agreement with Minish strange as you simply stated your agreement with no details whatsoever.

Tell me again how this was bait for storma why it was bait for storma and why on earth you think it started discussion.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
The memes I hsve done have not only started discussion but were a tactic to get a response from storma specifically but there was no bite

How were you memes trying to get a response from me?

You're starting to look a bit scummy to me. Though Ryu looks scummier(6) you are next on my list.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Yiga, I’m gonna kill you, I never said you were complaining I said you were passively commenting on attempt to appear as if you were doing something and I did say you did not vote Ryu which you did not correct me about but after going back I find you’ve been voting him for ages. I still find you’re agreement with Minish strange as you simply stated your agreement with no details whatsoever.

Tell me again how this was bait for storma why it was bait for storma and why on earth you think it started discussion.

How were you memes trying to get a response from me?

You're starting to look a bit scummy to me. Though Ryu looks scummier(6) you are next on my list.
When you think about RVS and what immediately follows, it's all a bait. I don't vote Rubik for the hell of it (Well partially I do), I vote Rubik for the hell of it AND to see what his response is.

That rodeo thing was to see if storma was going to call me out on it and push for a lynch based off of the fact I wouldn't get down to business (Because frankly I figured storma would be the first one to go off of nothing and make it something based off of prior experience). What I got was you, funnier, blowing it out of proportion, however I see your confusion (a little bit) for all of your other points, which is why I am sticking to Ryuken.

Everything happens for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom