• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Far Far Away Mafia

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Despite the crossover, I'm happy to announce that Professor Layton is still not Ace Attorney
images

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
What info? I don't have any... This RVS has given me nothing so far.
godot-deskslam-mug.gif

The player ratio, Yigahim.
2 Maifa Goons
2 Werewolf Goons
5 Vanilla Townies
1 Cop
1 Seer (Werewolf cop)
1 Doctor
We know there's 2 mafia and two werewolf scum. We need a night to allow the cop and the seer to gather more info, and I'd also really hate to get the Doctor lynched. Again.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
godot-deskslam-mug.gif

The player ratio, Yigahim.

We know there's 2 mafia and two werewolf scum. We need a night to allow the cop and the seer to gather more info, and I'd also really hate to get the Doctor lynched. Again.
That still gives no player info, though. Yes, we may mislynch the doctor, but that would be unlikely considering that we are smart people who know what to look for in scum. I'd rather make an educated gamble than no lynch. Remember, even if we do mislynch, that's just more info that helps us next time

Ryuken

Remember, even if we do mislynch, that's just more info that helps us next time
And less manpower to gather more info the following night should the Seer or Cop end up being mislynched. Also, I would be careful about how you go about scumhunting if you're gonna put a lot of faith in those "smart people." Especially on D1.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
And less manpower to gather more info the following night should the Seer or Cop end up being mislynched. Also, I would be careful about how you go about scumhunting if you're gonna put a lot of faith in those "smart people." Especially on D1.
The thing about having a lot of smart people is because it's statistically unlikely for everyone who's really good at scumhunting to be scum.
That has happened before. That game was terrible.
But it probably won't happen again, and even then we have two competing scum factions.
One interesting thing that comes from that: everyone will be scumhunting this game. The mafia will actually want to contribute, so the werewolves will die, and vice versa. We haven't had a multiball game in a long time.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
There is a 1/3 chance theoretically of hitting a scum just randomly picking a person. I figure we will have enough actual info from today to increase our odds from "Random guess and a 1/3 chance" to at least "educated guess and a 50+% chance".

Mislynch and info is still a lot more valuable than no lynch and no info, because no info going into day 2 just increases the odds of another mislynch.

Unvote

Vote: Ryuken

Ryuken

The thing about having a lot of smart people is because it's statistically unlikely for everyone who's really good at scumhunting to be scum.
That has happened before. That game was terrible.
But it probably won't happen again, and even then we have two competing scum factions.
One interesting thing that comes from that: everyone will be scumhunting this game. The mafia will actually want to contribute, so the werewolves will die, and vice versa. We haven't had a multiball game in a long time.
There is a 1/3 chance theoretically of hitting a scum just randomly picking a person. I figure we will have enough actual info from today to increase our odds from "Random guess and a 1/3 chance" to at least "educated guess and a 50+% chance".

Mislynch and info is still a lot more valuable than no lynch and no info, because no info going into day 2 just increases the odds of another mislynch.

Unvote

Vote: Ryuken
You both make good points. I will always push for a No Lynch D1, however, since I think it's the best option based on prior experience. Granted, I've also never played a two scum faction setup before, so I want to see how the night plays out before pursuing suspects.
godot-catch.gif

So... how about them D1 role claims, eh?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Yeah, a D1 role claim would not be smart. The onlwy way I'd see it happening is if someone were in so much hot water they they had to, but that's not the case

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I think a lot of people are thinking im going to claim. Because its the joke. Im not Doctor. That was 2 years ago. Lay off me

Ryuken

Why would anyone want to claim anything about their roles D1 in this kind of setup?
Because people have done it in a setup where no roles are known and role claims were limited, meaning in that setup a scum could prevent a townie from role claiming and revealing info.

Translation: I was being sarcastic.

Ryuken

Sarcasm is a scumtell.
If I was being consistently sarcastic and not contributing to Town, then yes, that would be a scumtell.
On the other hand, making a mountain out of a molehill is also a scumtell. I don't take very kindly to those.
So far, I haven't seen enough from anyone to place a vote or feel strongly suspicious, so I'm not gonna vote anyone. I will say that Storma, Jamie, Minish, Doc, and funnier6 haven't been very active this day, only making one post each so far. I want to see more from them.
I'm not too suspicious about Rubik since they've been pretty active, but l'm keeping one eye on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom