• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Far Far Away Mafia

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Why are you still memeing like this?

I don't see how making the occasional joke is a problem if you're still providing meaningful opinions about other people's posts.

It's when people joke in place of providing content that it's problematic.

-

That said, my primary goal right now is to get a meaningful post out of Deku before the day ends. That's why my vote is on him.

I understand that life does get in the way of mafia (or rather, it takes rightful priority over it), but by remaining engaged with him, even if it's with a joke, I'm trying to keep pressure on him. The very action of quoting him and responding to him makes it clear that if he doesn't follow through with his promise to say something meaningful, I will take notice.

These sorts of interactions are subtle, but they do impact a game.

funnier6

Courage~
Your votes bad tho
Yours is too. (irony intended)
I don't see how making the occasional joke is a problem if you're still providing meaningful opinions about other people's posts.

It's when people joke in place of providing content that it's problematic.

-

That said, my primary goal right now is to get a meaningful post out of Deku before the day ends. That's why my vote is on him.

I understand that life does get in the way of mafia (or rather, it takes rightful priority over it), but by remaining engaged with him, even if it's with a joke, I'm trying to keep pressure on him. The very action of quoting him and responding to him makes it clear that if he doesn't follow through with his promise to say something meaningful, I will take notice.

These sorts of interactions are subtle, but they do impact a game.
Your goal has been somewhat accomplished as Deku either will or won’t post before day end and there’s nothing else you can do about it. What you can do is put your vote on someone who might die today which would be super nice.
Also explaining everything you were trying to do while still in the process of doing it is a little... self defeating.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Idk what weird **** you're planning Ryuken. I'm not going to let myself be lynched and I don't like your posts so
Vote: Ryuken

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Your goal has been somewhat accomplished as Deku either will or won’t post before day end and there’s nothing else you can do about it. What you can do is put your vote on someone who might die today which would be super nice.
Also explaining everything you were trying to do while still in the process of doing it is a little... self defeating.
It's not accomplished until it happens. I'd rather there exist a real pressure on him to do so.

Opinions on the current wagons:

Ryuken - 5 (Doc, yiga, Minish, Stormageden, Jamie)
I'm not huge on this wagon and I dislike how easily it formed. I used the word opportunistic a lot of times and I will use it again: this is an opportunistic wagon that is largely based on an inexperienced playstyle more than it has a basis in actual reads, as far as I can tell. It reminds me of the kinds of wagons that would form on a lot of inexperienced players (myself included, at one point) simply because there are a lot of sort of agreed upon conventions in mafia that generally aren't challenged by experienced players because it sidetracks the game. That said, how he's responded to his wagon hasn't looked especially good, so I'll probably need to comb over his posts if another wagon threatens this one.
Jamie - 2 (Storm, ryuken)
Jamie is a useless rag, but it's probably better to let him say his piece on day 2 before passing judgement on him. I absolutely hate it when players essentially opt out of day 1 because it hurts the rest of us in terms of reading the player and makes it less likely that they'll "slip up" as scum. That said, it's a play-style that's common enough that I probably can't justify punishing a player for it purely on policy, unless there aren't any better alternatives.

-

Opinions on Ralph Nader's distant relatives:

Yiga - 1 (funnier)
Yiga's rubbed me the wrong way so far. I also don't like that there have been multiple people who have voiced concern about him without voting for him (myself among them, but I've got a bigger fish to fry right now). I'll probably switch to Yiga after Deku posts, unless one of the other wagons is looking juicy enough.
Dekunut - 1 (Rubik)
I'm not moving off of this man until he gives us something of substance or someone does something scummy enough that I can't resist.
Rubik - 1 (Ayano Keiko)
Gross.

funnier6

Courage~
Idk what weird **** you're planning Ryuken. I'm not going to let myself be lynched and I don't like your posts so
Vote: Ryuken
Why did you think you’d be lynched.
It's not accomplished until it happens. I'd rather there exist a real pressure on him to do so.

Opinions on the current wagons:

I'm not huge on this wagon and I dislike how easily it formed. I used the word opportunistic a lot of times and I will use it again: this is an opportunistic wagon that is largely based on an inexperienced playstyle more than it has a basis in actual reads, as far as I can tell. It reminds me of the kinds of wagons that would form on a lot of inexperienced players (myself included, at one point) simply because there are a lot of sort of agreed upon conventions in mafia that generally aren't challenged by experienced players because it sidetracks the game. That said, how he's responded to his wagon hasn't looked especially good, so I'll probably need to comb over his posts if another wagon threatens this one.
Jamie is a useless rag, but it's probably better to let him say his piece on day 2 before passing judgement on him. I absolutely hate it when players essentially opt out of day 1 because it hurts the rest of us in terms of reading the player and makes it less likely that they'll "slip up" as scum. That said, it's a play-style that's common enough that I probably can't justify punishing a player for it purely on policy, unless there aren't any better alternatives.

-

Opinions on Ralph Nader's distant relatives:

Yiga - 1 (funnier)
Yiga's rubbed me the wrong way so far. I also don't like that there have been multiple people who have voiced concern about him without voting for him (myself among them, but I've got a bigger fish to fry right now). I'll probably switch to Yiga after Deku posts, unless one of the other wagons is looking juicy enough.
Dekunut - 1 (Rubik)
I'm not moving off of this man until he gives us something of substance or someone does something scummy enough that I can't resist.
Rubik - 1 (Ayano Keiko)
Gross.
Unless you can find three other people to vote with you there exists no “real pressure” on Deku and to say there is is futile. Especially since he’s played the real life card so there’s no way any amount of pressure could or should make a difference. I’m sure I’m wasting my breath but I felt like saying all that anyway.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
By that same logic, unless you get 3 people to vote with you on Yiga there exists no real pressure to lynch him, but I'd argue that there's still plenty of pressure on him and I don't think your vote on him is "wasted".

All it takes is one person also agreeing to put pressure on Deku for my wagon to be tied for the second strongest wagon. The same goes for your wagon.

Why should I feel obligated to vote for Ryu or Jamie (the two "viable" wagons) when the former wagon I've got problems with and the latter doesn't really have much basis in anything other than Jamie being a lazy bum? I've already voiced a willingness to support your wagon should Deku follow through because I think it might have legs, but I'd be even happier to see a sudden shift to Deku near the deadline if he doesn't post today, and that punishing lynch wouldn't be as likely if I moved my vote.

funnier6

Courage~
By that same logic, unless you get 3 people to vote with you on Yiga there exists no real pressure to lynch him, but I'd argue that there's still plenty of pressure on him and I don't think your vote on him is "wasted".

All it takes is one person also agreeing to put pressure on Deku for my wagon to be tied for the second strongest wagon. The same goes for your wagon.

Why should I feel obligated to vote for Ryu or Jamie (the two "viable" wagons) when the former wagon I've got problems with and the latter doesn't really have much basis in anything other than Jamie being a lazy bum? I've already voiced a willingness to support your wagon should Deku follow through because I think it might have legs, but I'd be even happier to see a sudden shift to Deku near the deadline if he doesn't post today, and that punishing lynch wouldn't be as likely if I moved my vote.
Kay, hold up, the difference between my vote and your vote is that I want Yiga lynched and you want Deku to post. I’m not trying to get people to vote him for pressure I’m trying to get people to vote him because I find him suspicious and think he should be lynched. The difference between me on Yiga and everyone on Ryu against every other wagon is that we actually want to lynch the person, nobody actually has any good reason whatsoever to lynch anyone else so in my mind the two viable wagons period are Yiga and Ryu unless some real reasons start falling out of the sky.

To answer your question if the end of the day is nearing and no one is voting the person you think is scum (similar to my position too) you check who has the most votes and if you’re all right with them dying you let them go (I’m iffy on Ryu but I have no particular urge to vote or save him) or you believe that they’re town and try your best to convince people to vote for someone you believe is more suspicious. What I’m trying to say is you’re wasting your time on Deku who may or may not post again and likely as anything even if he does it’ll be extremely NAI and you’ll have sat here watching the day go by possibly letting town die and without actually gaining any suspicions all for essentially nothing.

Just like I just wasted a bunch of time posting about mafia theory.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I want Deku to be lynched if he doesn't post and thus far he hasn't.

We are both voting for someone with the intention of lynching them, my vote is just more conditional than yours.

-

Unvote: DekuNut
Vote: YIGahim

-

Note: I'll change my vote back to Deku if literally anyone votes for him and he still hasn't posted.

D

Deleted member 14134

Vote tally 1.5

Yiga - 2 (funnier, rubik)
Rubik - 1 (Ayano Keiko)

Not voting: Dekunut, karu

Day ends in about 40 minutes.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Seeing how I'm about to be lynched, it's time I spilled the beans:
This was planned. I made myself as suspicious as possible to draw votes- especially from scum- to me. That's why I posted the way I did. I'll admit, it is pretty selfish of me, but knowing that there were three very important power roles, I did not want one of them to die before they got to use their night action. That was why I initially rallied for a No Lynch because like in previous Mafia games (IRC, that is), this is what I would do whenever players were given a ratio of players and/or roles.

I'll tell you right now that there's a very high chance one of the people on the wagon against me as of this post is scum, and I feel very sorry for the Townies that ended up taking the bait. Doctor, I ask you to protect funnier6. Seer and Cop, I ask you to investigate the people on my wagon. That is my final request. Take it or leave it. Godspeed, Town.

D

Deleted member 14134

Final Vote Count:

Ryuken - 6 (Doc, yiga, Minish, Stormageden, Jamie, Storm)
Yiga - 2 (funnier, rubik)
Jamie - 1 (ryuken)
Rubik - 1 (Ayano Keiko)

Not voting: Dekunut, karu

"What do you plan on doing to Princess Bok-Chan-Sama?" everyone asked as they surrounded Ryuken.
"Oh uhh nothing!" he exclaimed which caused a part of his body to become longer and more erect. That was enough to convince them all that he was a danger to the lovely princesses leaves. They stripped him down to his thong (which had a picture of Princess Bok on them) and threw him into the ocean where he was eaten by a whale.

Ryuken was Pinocchio, a vanilla townie.
latest

The Living:

1. funnier6
2. Storm
3. DekuNut
4. Ayano Keiko
5. Stormageden747
6. YIGAhim
7. karu
8. Minish_Link
9. Jamie
10. Rubik
11. Doc

The Dead:

1. Ryuken: Pinocchio, a vanilla townie (lynched day one)

Day Two begins Friday April 6th at 11pm EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom