• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fantasy role play

Misty

Ronin
Aerdrie waited for the others to finish gathering their things up to move. She had grown used to them not keeping all of their things on them so that they could leave at an instant's notice. She supposed that was a much more normal way to live. It just wasn't here way. Once they'd all stood, she took off leading them the way down the valley side that she thought would give them the best cover. It wasn't a particularly difficult path, especially with her hawk soaring over-head to help keep an eye out for any trouble. She kept the pace easy enough to follow, choosing instead to focus on using her magical link with the hawk's eyes to scout out the enemy armies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
"So," Dean asks, "How exactly will we know whem we find this place? Are the trees purple and the grass pink or something?" He did like the colorful aspects of their current surroundings, and he wasnt complaining, but it was at its base a legitamite question.

Misty

Ronin
Aerdrie responds, a habit from too many years reporting to others surroundings and being a scout, "While my people consider all of the mountains and hills here to be a part of the valley of tears, it's really quite an exceptional area as there are mountains on both sides which lead to a forest and plains, which in turn lead to hill country, which in turn lead to what would most properly be considered the Valley of Tears. You've been over a mountain. We've been in the forest and plains for the last few hours, but if you look ahead you can see the hill country ahead", she paused pointing to indicate the green hill miles off which rose to cut the sun in half horizontally. "The hill country is not as large as the plains and mountains, but once we reach it, it isn't very far before we reach the Valley of Tears."

With that she paused momentarily to drink before continuing, "Now, I don't know how well you've been trained to see magic. It's a difficult task particularly for those not gifted with the ability to weave it themselves. I've been working at it since I was a small child and I can only see what most low level intermediates can. If you can see that, then I imagine you should see that all your surroundings have a sort of dusky glow to them and that it almost seems to be raining small dusts of light energy. It is after all, quite the magical hot spot so I've heard."

She once again paused, "If you cannot see magic, however, I suggest keeping an eye out for shrines to Lilithane and the Great Elk, some very strange golem-like statues which are overgrown, and rune markings on the trees. Also...it isn't entirely impossible that nature will be more alive than usual. You might see trees talk and I've heard if you stray into the wrong spots the creeping myrtle will strangle and eat you. The fairies often make home here as well, so you might catch them if you have keen vision. And most of the rivers have nymphs and spirits that are given shape. I wouldn't drink from one without giving thanks to the river is all I'm saying." Aerdrie marched ahead hiding the wicked grin on her face. Everything she'd said was true, but no nymph she'd ever met gave a crap if you drank their water or thanked them. Still, amusements were rare in her line of work.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Dean was skeptical of all this, but he said nothing. He was never fond of magic, nor had he ever practiced it, but decided that the elf was filling their heads with complete BS. Trees dont talk. Or have magic. Or eat people. This was so stupid. He continued the trek silently.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Khana had listened to Aerdrie intently. The moment they had got here she had sensed there was something different about this place and although she couldn't see the glow that Aerdrie described she could certainly feel it.

G

Guest-3

Sol begins to feel an uneasiness.
"Oh I really hate this place... well, not so much the place as the people...And I don't mean a race, I mean, a few sole persons.... oracles, to be exact... Would you by any chance know if they are still here, Aerdrie?"

Misty

Ronin
Aerdrie shook her head while pushing aside a low hanging branch, "No. I haven't been here in many decades and I was quite young then. The Irithyls are a brutal noble clan, but even we do not allow our children near dangerous magic users. I assume that oracles would stay on, but they may be dead if evil has entered this land."

Pen

The game is on!
Riq let his gaze move around as they walked. He focussed his eyes as much as he could, but was unable to see any sort of magic, and neither could he feel it. He knew that his powers weren't magical. Back home the powers everyone posses are something quite different from magic. But since Riq came to this realm everyone had always assumed he was a Mage, so he rolled with it. His powers do look similar to magic, but it's not actually the same thing, so he had never practiced magic himself and was thus not capable of seeing this magic that Aerdrie spoke of.

Pen

The game is on!
((Alright, toning down that language wouldn't hurt.))

Riq thinks little of the portal and the random passers-bys. He has seen stranger things in his days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom