• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fang's Braid (the Press Start SU Thread)

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
That title is for Hylian_Monolith. ^^

I'm starting a new RP! This one has more of a plot starting out than Memories of Legends, and I have a co-plotter working with me, so hopefully this won't derail like it did.

So... Do you guys know the show Once Upon a Time? You do? Good. that'll help some. You don't? Well, that might help some, too. Lemme explain what's going on here.

Some time after the Subspace Emissary incident, Tabuu cast a curse on the Hands and all the Smashers. A curse that brought all of them to our world, changing their forms to normal humans, and erasing their memories... And replacing them with normal human lives. He set all of them in a small town in Oregon, named it Smashburo, and lived among them, disguised as their mayor, the Smashers unable and unwilling to leave as a last twist in the knife.

Now, everyone knows the Hands are extremely powerful. When the curse hit, they were able to negate it a bit. They lost their true memories, turned human, and were sent to the human world, but Master Hand didn't land in Smashburo. And most importantly, after several years, Crazy Hand was able to regain his true memories. He knew exactly what Tabuu had done, and that the only way the Smashers could possibly be freed is for both the Hands to combine their full powers and break it themselves. So he set out on a mission. To find his brother, bring him back to Smashburo, and save the Smashers from Tabuu's curse.

It kinda went like this...
"Ohmyglobohmyglobohmyglob this is it! I actually found Big Bro's house! This is his house, right? Ah well, I'm here anyway. Might as well check."

This what was what ran through the mind of the young man currently known as Will Manus, as he hopped up the front steps of a house he had searched months for. The house of his long-lost twin brother. He knocked on the front door with a wide, manic grin on his face, bouncing on the balls of his feet and twitching occasionally as he waited for the door to be answered.

The door was opened by a man known as Jack Manus, who seemed to be a mirror image of the bouncy man, save that he was neatly dressed and well-groomed. He stared at the man bouncing on his steps. "Yes? What may I help you with?"

"BIG BRO!" Will immediately launched himself at his fancy-looking doppelganger and glomped him.

Jack Manus took a step back in surprise and disgust as the man launched himself on top of him. "Who are you?!"

Will's face went from elation to despair. He let go of Jack and looked him in the eye. "You mean you don't remember...?"

Jack brushed himself off, staring at the poorly dressed man. "Remember what? Who are you?"

"I'm Crazy Hand!" The grin appeared back on Will's face, as he introduced himself with the utmost conviction. "And you're my big bro Master Hand!"

"Master... Hand?" He shook his head. "I don't have a brother. You are crazy. My name is Jack Manus."

"That's just what Tabuu WANTS you to think!" Will declared, pointing a finger at Jack conspiratorily. "He did the same to me! And all the Smashers! But I broke through his evil curse, and came to find you so we can free the Smashers and defeat him! But it seems you're still under the curse... And you don't even believe me, do you?"

"I think you need a doctor's help." Jack said, backing away from the man on his doorstep.

"I don't need a doctor, I need you!" Will stepped forward angrily, entering the house. "If you don't help me, half the multiverse will be heroless forever! And TABUU WILL WIN! We can't let that happen, Big Bro!" In desperation, he grabbed Jack's right hand with both of his. A single white glove was on his left hand, and he was too desperate to notice the matching white glove on the hand he had grabbed.

Jack shook his head and removed his hand, but stared at the white glove. "You're insane. You're speaking nonsense..." He shook his head. "Where did you get that glove?"

Will smiled. Maybe this was how he could get though to him! "I've always had this glove." He spoke truthfully. "It shrunk a whole lot when the curse hit, but it didn't disappear like all the Smashers' stuff..." He finally saw the glove on Jack's hand. His smile grew wider. "And you kept yours, too!" He re-grabbed the hand and rubbed it against his cheek. "Oh, I thought I'd never see your glove again, Big Bro! And you kept it so soft... What kind of fabic softener do you use?" Yeah, his insanity got away with him a bit there, but maybe he hadn't ruined everything yet.

Jack tried to pull his hand away. "This glove was passed down in my family, but I never learned what happened to the left one. How did you get it?" He still looked sickened at the man in his house.

Will sighed and let go of his bro's glove. "In terms you'd believe..." He began boredly. "When we were born, you got the right glove and I got the left one. So I went on a big search for the person who owned the right glove, so I could reunite with my long-lost twin brother. Is that a boring enough answer for you? ...And seriously, what fabric softener do you use?"

"I don't remember any twin brother." Jack started to pace. "But here you are in front of me. This can't be true." He shook his head.

"That still wasn't boring enough for you to believe?!" Will threw his hands in the air irritatedly. "We look just like each other, and that's exactly what I believed before I broke my cursebesides the trying to find you part, and you STILL DIDN'T TELL ME WHAT FABIC SOFTENER YOU USE!"

"Will you shut up?!" Jack turned on his brother, face darkening He was always scary when angry. "You just barge into my house and start rambling about insane theories! I believe I'm your brother, but you are insane!"

"Of course I am." Will replied, not fazed at all. Now, if he was in this situation before he'd broken his curse, he would be terrified. But Crazy Hand was all too used to his brother's temper. "It's kind of a given with me. Crazy Hand. Wouldn't make sense if I was sane... And did you just say you believe me?"

Jack took his brother's gloved hand. "Too much evidence for you not to be my brother. Now. I am taking you back to where you live. You are unwell. How did you get here?"

"I walked." Will replied. Then added "Then took a bus, then walked some more. Not nearly as fun as teleporting, but I don't have that kind of power back yet..."

"I am going to drive you back to your house. Make sure you're in safe hands. Do you have some better clothes?" Jack eyed his brother's clothes with disgust.

"What's wrong with these clothes?" Will looked down at his black Smash Bros. T-shirt and grey sweatpants in confusion.

Jack looked at his perfectly straight bow tie, freshly pressed white shirt and very clean navy pants and compared them to his brother. "Everything."

"Well, this is all I got." Will shrugged. "I didn't pack anything so Tabuu wouldn't get suspicious and try to stop me before I left Smashburo. Then I woulda never found you!"

"I have better clothes... If you want to change." Jack sighed. "Where is Smashburo anyway?"

"In Oregon." Will grinned.

"Where in Oregon?!" Jack snapped.

"Uhh..." He had to stop to think about it. "In the north, by the coast... West of Portland, I think..."

"You are so unhelpful." Jack pulls him outside. "Get in the car. I'm going to get you some decent clothes." Jack then turned and headed inside.

"Nooo!" Will called back. "Fancy monkey clothes make my skin itch!"

Jack comes back with a suitcase. "I said get in the car." He put the suitcase in the trunk and climbed into the driver side.

Will shrugged and got in the passenger side.

"I will get you to wear decent clothes. Now. How do I find this town of yours?"

"Uhh... Uhm... Just... drive west... Until you reach the coast... and go north, or south, until you see the sign." The look on his face showed that was about as helpful as he was gonna get.

Jack sighed, frustrated as everything and headed to the coast. "Portland is north, so I will head north." He shook his head. "Pull out that map under seat and try to figure it out."

Will found the map, pulled it out, and started reading it. Upside down.

This was gonna be a long journey.

Crazy Hand (Will Manus), and Tabuu (Thomas Smith) are played by me.

Master Hand (Jack Manus) is played by the_miserable.

You guys get to sign up as the cursed, human Smashers of Smashburo. That is, if you want to.

Link is called by DarkAssassinXer.

Luigi and Olimar are called by Lord Carlisle.

And Diddy Kong is called by furrysnail.

Besides that, you cal call anyone who has been in a Smash Bros. game THAT HAS BEEN RELEASED THUS FAR. Example, you CAN call Mewtwo or Roy (who were only in Melee), but you CANNOT call Mega Man or Wii Fit Trainer (from the new one). And feel free to call more than one. I want as many Smashers as I can get in here.

SU:
Smasher:
Human Name:
Human Age:
Human Appearance:
Personality:
Occupation(if they don't have a job, or are too young to, just say Unemployed or Kid):
Other:

I have a few rules.

1. If you SU, wait for me to accept you before posting in the RP thread.
2. Your character cannot break their own curse. THEY CANNOT FIGURE OUT THEY ARE A SMASHER ON THEIR OWN. They can think that maybe Will may be onto something with his weird video game character theories, but they CANNOT REGAIN THEIR MEMORIES UNTIL I SAY SO. Sorry if that sounds mean, but it's essential to the plot.
3. Please be creative with your character(s)' human name. For example, if you choose to play Mario, please, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, DON'T name him Mario Mario. I will let some similarities slide (example, the Star Fox characters can keep their real last names, McCloud and such), but PLEASE be creative.
4. Your character cannot know more than what they can IN-CHARACTER. I'm looking at you, woyogoyo.
5. If you do know the show Once Upon A Time, don't directly base your Smasher on a character from the show. Only mine and the_miserable's chaacters should have similar roles to show characters. Do something original, please. No Mr. Gold replacements or anything.
6. Have fun with it! Even if it may not seem like it from what I described, I really want the Smashers to be important. I just don't quite know how yet. That's your job to figure out.

I'm looking forward to RPing this with all of you, and I hope you feel the same. Good luck!

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Sounds quite cool.

Smasher: Marth
Human Name: Adrian Winters
Human Age: 27
Human Appearance: Same physical features except his hair is black instead of blue. He wears dark, nice clothes.
Personality: Calm and understated, with a dry sense of humor
Other: I'd like him to have a session with Will, would be interesting.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Smasher: Roy
Human Name: Rick Allin (pronounced all-in)
Human Age: 20
Human Appearance: Same physical appearance yeah, but he wears shorts and a t-shirt
Personality: Hyper, serious at important times, very extroverted but he doesn't share any of his feelings
Other: Nyeh

I wanna play! :kawaii: I love Roy.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
You are in as well, Raindrop!

But be more diverse, other people who sign up. I want more of a mix between games in Smashburo.

Kirito

I will never be a memory.
SU gannadorf
name james rogers
age 25
apperance a tall black man that wears black leather jackets and black denim jeans
ocupation school teacher
pesonality laid back but strict

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
...Sure. That sounds good. Kinda hilarious making Ganondorf a teacher, though. I can't quite wrap my head around that... Awesome.

I saw that title and I went "Dafug" XD But ti seems very intriguing! And... I tghink everyone knows form experience who I'm using...

SU~
Smasher: Princess Zelda
Human Name: Areida Hylleigh
Human Age: 25
Human Appearance: Long, light brown hair that she holds back much like she does in TP. Her features are sharp and angular in an almost elven way, and her eyes are blue. Her skin is rather olive. She wears a loose white dress that goes down a little past her knees under her violet vest. Because I am lazy, have an unshaded, uncolored, uncropped, really crappy reference doodle. The comb in her hair is golden.
Personality: Areida is usually quite calm and sympathetic, her priorities being her friends and comrades. She carries herself with authority and grace, and has a sort of timeless, classic beauty--on the outside, and in her heart. However, despite her typically traditional beliefs, she's independent and can be quite demanding at times. She isn't very expressive, appearance-wise. She can be a tad gullible at times.
Occupation: She's deputy headmistress of a local university. It's a job she quite likes, to be honest.
Other: Areida has a fascination with history and is quite knowledgeable about many cultures.

I'm proud of this character ^^ So, yeah, I CALL ZELDA :D

Moslty because I don't play a wide, diverse range of games >> But, if you like, I'll gladly claim Kirby.

Ooh, what if Gani and Zelda work at the same...?

YAAAAAAAAY! HY_MO IS IN!

So I take it Areida is approved? XD Wouldn't want to miss it, Tatl.

Also, did you see my edits? If I can take two, Kirby is MINE. I always play as him in SSB XD That is, if anyone in the future who joins want shim, they can take him! I just want to see what I can do with Kirby. Hehe.

And, would it be possible, Bankai, to have Will and Areida working at the same school? it'd make for some interesting interactions... hehe.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Oooh... BANKAI!!!, can you change Ganondorf's first name? My only request for you. Crazy Hand's name is Will, and I don't want confusion.

But HyMo, I would LOVE you to be Kirby. I think the_miserable might want him, but you should talk with her about that because I'm not sure. For now, feel free to SU him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom