• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fanfictions

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
It varies. Some have been good, some can just be really uncomfortable with how many crossover references they try to shove in.

As for writing, I started outlining a future sci-fi Zelda fic then promptly forgot about it for five years.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly I don’t really read them. Once in a very rare while I’ll read one but it’s not often. As far as writing them goes, I’ve written a 55 chapter Spirit Tracks prequel over the course of a year and then some, and that about drained me of my will to write anything dedicated ever since. Too much effort I can’t be bothered to put forth anymore. Aside from the two unfinished stories linked in my signature, I’ve written a few fluff pieces on request now and then, but that’s about it.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Just like anything else, fanfiction can be good or bad, depending on the subject and the writer. A lot of them are as bad as they are simply because people are writing more about their thoughts and wants than the actual subject at hand, focusing in on their personal views that aren't shared by a lot of people (a long way to say shipping). Especially if they're seen as a core misunderstanding of the material, they're looked down upon.
Personally, I have written fanfiction in the past, both good and bad, and I hope to do so again in the future when I have time. It's an enjoyable waste of time, and the gems you find can outweigh the **** you have to wade through.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I would not plan on reading fanfiction unless it were made by someone I know. I would also not write my own

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'd say a fanfiction is a story or novel written about something by a fan involving the same characters, setting, ect

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'm not really a fan of fanfictions because I don't think a fan can do a character justice. It's hard to capture an image that another person created, especially when fanfiction is typically amateur. Fanfiction writers usually blow certain personality traits up and make that the ONLY trait or ignore personality traits altogether.

I think the best fanfiction would be ones set in the same universe, but not ones involving canonical series characters.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Not really. That's fanfiction to the level that the final version of 50 Shades of Grey was. They never claimed that Orloc was Dracula or try to use the Dracula name in any way about it. It was a ripoff, but not really a fanfiction in my opinion.

They didn't have to claim that Orloc was Dracula, it was clear to anybody who was familiar with the story. The remake of Nosferatu would later call the character straight up "Count Dracula". Whether or not it is a fanfiction or ripoff, though, it is funny how such an influential piece of fiction is relegated to one of those terms.

I'll read the smutty ones on occassion.

I dont like reading vanilla FFs that think theyre canon to the fandom because i cant help but imagine how big the ego of the person writing it must be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom