• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fan-boys >:(

From what I read on other posts,basically you guys said that Sony suck because they are not creative at all and they only copy Nintendo and Microsoft,but...who cares,I mean if you decide to go buy Wii,360 or PS3 you'll be like: okey so Nintendo create the motion control,Microsoft create the first good online gaming and Sony nothing so I won't buy a PS3?just...NO.A company doesn't sucks because of his ''uncreativity'',you can be unhappy about it(VERY unhappy) but that's all.Sony have alot of exlusives games,how about all the Final Fantasy games that are only on Playstation(Final Fantasy VII),how about Kingdom Hearts,God of War,Jak and Daxter,Rachet and clank etc.I'm not a Sony fan,but I like the PS2,PSP and the PS3,they have good games,of course they'll never be as good as the SNES,N64,Gamecube,Wii,3DS or any Nintendo consoles.All I'm saying it that you shouldn't hate Sony,Microsoft or Nintendo for there non-originality,but for the quatily of there games.

Nintendo used to lead in the graphics department during the snes and gamecube days. I don't know what the heck they were doing in the N64 era. That error sucked. I honestly only had 5 games that I liked on that system. 2 of which can't be playable on wii because they never brought it to the vlc and they were 2 of the best games for the system. Nintendo is also the master of innovation. When it comes to this, every other company always copies. The wii was also a let down. Because they can't keep up in the graphics department, many developers don't create for them anymore because it's too big of a leap from the wii to the ps2, etc. My wii motes won't even charge anymore... The handhelds are a little let down too. All I have are first party games and very few 3rd party. DS won't let me play my old gb or gbc games. 3DS won't let me play gba games. The newer the tech, the more games you lose. And then I will have to repay for games that I already have while the old system gets old and eventually die with no way for me to replace it. And that's if some of the company's havent switched consoles. Then I will never be able to play most of my old games again. The wii u will not do very well on release. I'm sure that controller costs over 100 bucks. Nobody is going to go for that. Half a grand for a console still with outdated graphics ain't right.

Microsoft just sucks. The PC area doesn't though. The only thing going for Microsoft are the FPSs. That's what is keeping them alive. Every other game you can find better versions of on other systems. Gamepad is awful just like the dreamcast's was.

Sony. Let's just say that the PS1 and PS2 days were perfect. No bugs, no problems, good games, etc. There was a bug for ps2 dealing with the disk reader but if you sent it in to them, they replaced everything for free and gave you all new peripherals and it worked perfectly ever since. I had more games for ps2 and ps1 combined than any other system since the nes and gameboy days. Then came PS3. Started off too expensive. Died often. Every new edition slowly took away features. That means no more PS2 games and barely any PS1 games. Even the rumble feature is slowly fading away. The number of PS3 only games that I like up til today don't even exceed 10. This generation, the psp3000 outdid the ps3. On psp, you can play all ps1 games, all gb and gbc games (hax). And they have a very decent amount of games that I like and have.

All in all, sony and nintendo need to step it up and stop trying to con us. Microsoft is sort of a joke system :P.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I like how everyone likes to hate Microsoft for not "being new" or not "doing anything special". Microsoft only put online gaming on the map, they only added hard drives to their consoles, etc. etc. XBOXLIVE is amazing, they gave us an online community, they let us play with our friends from each others houses. Hell, we can play with people from a different country. Oh wait, that's not it. We can communicate with them in more than one way, during a game too. Because of Microsoft, we're able to purchase downloadable titles and extra content for our games. I mean come on, they even gave us the achievement system. You can challenge yourself with a cause and give your game some more replay value. Oh, and the dashboard, it's something else. It really helps expand the gaming community. You're able to access different forms of media, get informed on games coming out now, etc. And the firmware updates are pretty damn useful too. All you guys can do is bring up the Kinect, but even then, that was more innovative than that steaming pile of hot garbage called the Move. Microsoft has never been one to just copy and not try to improve on it. Because their Avatars are a hell of a lot better than those damn Miis. We all know what Nintendo has done and people need to start learning what Microsoft has done. The real question is, what the hell has Sony done that's so great?

I also like how you used the word "classier" to describe the Playstation. That ain't fooling anyone. You can disguise unoriginal with any word you want, but the truth still stands.

This. While every Nintendo console as something innovative(Which I realized thanks to my ONM), Microsoft made customizable avatars, motion controls with your body, an amazing dashboard for XBOX Arcade, Kinect Hub, movies, your Avatar and much more, I think it is safe to say XBOX 360 is one of the best consoles out there hardware wise(I prefer some of Nintendo's exclusives and games a smidgen better, but I haven't really grown on games like Battlefield and etc. yet)

As for the Wii, I love it. FREE Backwards comparability, virtual console, WiiWare, making your own Mii(Something Nintendo finally gets right after almost 30 years of trying) the games(However, the Third Party selection needs improving! Which they have done with the 3DS and by the looks of it, Wii U) free online(Though this can be annoying... *cough*Smash Bros*Cough*) and even watching movies. (And there is all ready BBC and ITV Iplayer) The only thing the Wii needed to improve on was the online.

As for PS3? Sure, some good games, but the "dashboard" is hard to figure out, not really organized and very hard to see what you have highlighted. (Like Play Game) Also, the controller doesn't have much grip, your thumb can't rest on the analogue sticks, and (Well, with the older controllers) the buttons weren't clicky. Not to mention there are only a good portion of exclusives like HD Classics, LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted(Or so I have heard) that are worthy of being good exclusives.

And don't call me a stupid fanboy, the PS2 was my childhood and I still love it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
This. While every Nintendo console as something innovative(Which I realized thanks to my ONM), Microsoft made customizable avatars, motion controls with your body, an amazing dashboard for XBOX Arcade, Kinect Hub, movies, your Avatar and much more, I think it is safe to say XBOX 360 is one of the best consoles out there hardware wise(I prefer some of Nintendo's exclusives and games a smidgen better, but I haven't really grown on games like Battlefield and etc. yet)

As for the Wii, I love it. FREE Backwards comparability, virtual console, WiiWare, making your own Mii(Something Nintendo finally gets right after almost 30 years of trying) the games(However, the Third Party selection needs improving! Which they have done with the 3DS and by the looks of it, Wii U) free online(Though this can be annoying... *cough*Smash Bros*Cough*) and even watching movies. (And there is all ready BBC and ITV Iplayer) The only thing the Wii needed to improve on was the online.

As for PS3? Sure, some good games, but the "dashboard" is hard to figure out, not really organized and very hard to see what you have highlighted. (Like Play Game) Also, the controller doesn't have much grip, your thumb can't rest on the analogue sticks, and (Well, with the older controllers) the buttons weren't clicky. Not to mention there are only a good portion of exclusives like HD Classics, LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted(Or so I have heard) that are worthy of being good exclusives.

And don't call me a stupid fanboy, the PS2 was my childhood and I still love it.

Exactly, each system has their flaws and their strong points. As a gamer, I don't really care if they do anything new, just give me some more good games and improvement. Like I said before, the Playstation seems to be the most unoriginal and the least innovative but they do have a good selection of exclusives that are worth buying the systems for. You have the Uncharted trilogy, The God of War series, Infamous 1 and 2, Little Big Planet 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, The Sly Cooper Collection, etc. That sounds like a lot of variety of quality. The XBOX revolutionized gaming with Halo and continued to with Halo 2. They're continuing an amazing franchise on the XBOX 360 with Halo 3, the spinoff Halo 3: ODST, the prequel Halo Reach, the remake of the decade Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, and next year they are reclaiming the franchise with Halo 4. The 360 also gave us the Gears of War Trilogy, Fable 2 and 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake, etc. The Nintendo Wii although lacking in the 3rd party support they gave us three Amazing Mario games, 2 being Galaxy 1 and 2, and 1 being New Super Mario Bros Wii. Then there's the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Return to Dream Land, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and of course The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. And that's just Nintendo, even though the third party was lacking they still did have Sonic Colors, Epic Mickey, and a bunch of Resident Evil ports along with two new On Rails RE titles(even though those are gonna be on PS3 soon).

My point is, yes I like innovation and it's good if you want gaming to expand and move forward. We've seen lot's of it from Nintendo and Microsoft. But I also love games and appreciate what games each company has to offer. So what if companies "copy" each other? I don't mind. So what if a system has lower quality in graphics and power? Just as long as I'm provided with good games. So what if a system has some issues? It'll be fixed. So shut the hell up and enjoy games already. This is such a stupid pointless war.

Last edited:
W

WindowsApples

Exactly, each system has their flaws and their strong points. As a gamer, I don't really care if they do anything new, just give me some more good games. Like I said before, the Playstation seems to be the most unoriginal and the least innovative but they do have a good selection of exclusives that are worth buying the systems for. You have the Uncharted trilogy, The God of War series, Infamous 1 and 2, Little Big Planet 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, The Sly Cooper Collection, etc. That sound like a lot of variety of quality. The XBOX revolutionized gaming with Halo and continued to with Halo 2. They're continuing an amazing franchise on the XBOX 360 with Halo 3, the spinoff Halo 3: ODST, the prequel Halo Reach, the remake of the decade Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, and next year they are reclaiming the franchise with Halo 4. The 360 also gave us the Gears of War Trilogy, Fable 2 and 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake, etc. The Nintendo Wii although lacking in the 3rd party support they gave us three Amazing Mario games, 2 being Galaxy 1 and 2, and 1 being New Super Mario Bros Wii. Then there's the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Return to Dream Land, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and of course The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. And that's just Nintendo, even though the third party was lacking they still did have Sonic Colors, Epic Mickey, and a bunch of Resident Evil ports along with two new On Rails RE titles(even though those are gonna be on PS3 soon).

My point is, yes I like innovation and it's good if you want gaming to expand and move forward. We've seen lot's of it from Nintendo and Microsoft. But I also love games and appreciate what games each company has to offer. So what if companies "copy" each other? I don't mind. So what if a system has lower quality in graphics and power? Just as long as I'm provided with good games. So what if a system has some issues? It'll be fixed. So shut the hell up and enjoy games already. This is such a stupid pointless war.

I agree so much with you. this stupid "console war" is pointless.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I know, I was just pointing out what I didn't like and what I liked about Next Gen consoles. For example, I love the PS3's lineup of exclusives, but I play XBOX 360 instead. As does my dad. The only time I have been seeing him on the PS3 is for an exclusive, an arcade game(One that doesn't run as good on XBOX 360) and movies. In total, that makes up only 24 hours of PS3 time in 5 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom