• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Famous" People You Met

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Have you met anyone that would be considered famous? It even could be people from small bands you like. Any musicians or actors or public figures in general.

Honestly just wanted to post this thread to show off these two pictures. I went to a concert last week ago and as we left I saw vocalists from 2 of the bands there.

Jaden Panesso from Sylar

22853311_936386366509924_1948135527767482125_n.jpg

Mike Terry From Volumes

22814174_936387679843126_6200198785328091828_n.jpg

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
My job sometimes has me working with famous people.

Kate Maberly (Star of The Secret Garden and director of a new blockbuster movie) I worked with for a week, along with Noah Wyle (Star of E.R, star of The Librarian trilogy, and director/creator/star of the Librarians T.V show) is also a person I have worked with while filming.

Those are the first two to come to mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My two favourite drummers, Ari Hoenig and Mark Guiliana, both of whom I met at a jazz fest over the summer. I also met Nate Wood for the second time at this festival, who is another of my favourite drummers. I also met and hung out with Kurt Rosenwinkel, who is one of the greatest jazz guitarists of our generation.

Jacob Collier is pretty big now, and I met and chatted with him at the same jazz fest.

Jake Gyllenhaal was on my flight to NY once. I didn't actually meet him though, I just happened to see him as i was leaving the plane.

You know the guy from the suite life of Zack and Cody who plays Esteban, the bellhop? I met him at a mall once where he was doing a signing, but I lost the autograph that I got of him.

Randy Black is a drummer who plays for a few heavy metal bands around Canada. He's big enough to have his own Wikipedia article lol. Anyway he did a workshop at my school once and I helped him set up and stuff. Rich redmond, a country drummer, also did a workshop at my school but I unfortunately didn't actually get to meet him.

Bob Mintzer, one of the greatest jazz saxophonists or our generation, also did a workshop at my school and I got the opportunity to play with him at a jam. (My school gets a lot of great musicians lol).

Most of these are people most of you have probably never heard of, but it's a big deal to me since I look up to them so much.

EDIT: I guess I should Aaron Volpatti, who used to play for the Canucks and later the Capitals, used to live across the street from me and I've met him several times, although I don't really think of him as famous anymore since we were neighbours lol.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
You know the guy from the suite life of Zack and Cody who plays Esteban, the bellhop? I met him at a mall once where he was doing a signing, but I lost the autograph that I got of him.
I actually saw Phil Lewis at Universal when I went but didn't talk to him

Ninja

Well well well
One of our concepts is located right in the middle of the Las Vegas strip, and our owner has a lot of celebrities come through. We also have some cool residency performers too. I've met:

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Steve Carell
Rudy Gay (NBA)
Kevin Durant (NBA)
Jason Statham
Halle Berry
Brittany Spears
Jennifer Lopez
Backstreet Boys
Bruno Mars
Howie Mandel
Bradley Cooper

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
One of our concepts is located right in the middle of the Las Vegas strip, and our owner has a lot of celebrities come through. We also have some cool residency performers too. I've met:

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Steve Carell
Rudy Gay (NBA)
Kevin Durant (NBA)
Jason Statham
Halle Berry
Brittany Spears
Jennifer Lopez
Backstreet Boys
Bruno Mars
Howie Mandel
Bradley Cooper
Niiiiiiice

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I travel to the UK regularly for conventions, so met quite a lot of actors that way, mainly television actors from my favourite shows (like Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, etc). Way too many to list and it'd take forever to pick out favourites and I'd be bound to leave some out, so here's the full list, figured the "show/movie" list would be the more useful out of them.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've met a number of the Portland Trail Blazers, and also worked a couple of their games when I was maybe 13 (my grandpa knew a guy who could get me in to do rebounds when they were making practice shots before the game and at half time). I got run over by one of the Bulls once, but I can't remember which one. That's really it for me. I've seen a few at comic con, but never had any conversations with anyone.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
When I went to the 2015 San Diego comic-con I met quite a few famous people. My favorites were Chris Hemsworth and Joe Gato

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I went to high school with Khalid. He taught my friend how to grind on his girlfriend.

I think thats about it, though.

I live in Brazil, and saw Susan Sarandon sitted across the street, in front of my school. It was awesome!! Didn't went to talk to her, I'm to shy.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I met Barack Obama when he came to Hawaii for his Christmas vacation. We were stationed at the base he flew into, and my family got to shake hands with him as he walked through the building to his ride.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I forgot to post, but I saw the Impractical Jokers when they were in town. I didn't get to meet them though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom